Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Ezekiel would be my choice. There's also Jason Macendale.
    the latter at least has the demonic angle going for him. I think there was another Jack O Lantern with serious magical abilities introduced during Dark Reign who was the relative of Macendale. but he didn't seem interested in Spider-man.

Ezekiel is a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    When the mystery around these mystery characters start to drag on to long , I kinda start to lose interest
    Based on the cover for issue 12, it looks like the mystery guy will be involved somewhat during the Jonah arc, and would not be surprised if he is around for the big arc for next year.

I know so many books that will introduce a mystery at the very beginning and then do absolutely nothing with it until a long while later, so I'm really liking that Spencer has been keeping him around doing things in the background, so it doesn't feel like a drag to find out his secret since we get to still see him do stuff.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    A very strong end to the arc. Going in to this story, I expected it to be a light caper but it delivered far more than that.

This issue, especially, was rich in excellent character moments for Peter, MJ, and Felicia. Really could not be happier with how ASM is going right now.

No impatience on my part about the mystery villain. I feel like the book is moving at the right pace and we'll get a reveal when the time is right.
    Agree on every point. This book is just humming.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Who ever it is, I’d wager that in some way, it has ties to Peter’s past.

Who has peter ‘wrongend’ that has potentially dies and wants some sort of revenge.

That fact that it expressed annoyance that Peter re revealed his identity to Cat is quite telling i think.
    I have a theory but it is rather unlikely, however, the candidate would fit the (so far) known facts - 616 Gwen Stacy (not a clone). Of course, I'm probably wrong as with the popularity of Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider I can't see those in charge of Marvel letting Spencer make a resurrected 616 Gwen a bitter villain upset that Peter didn't save her, and who is now in love with her best friend.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-28-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I mean, it's called suspense. And it's only been 10 issues.
    LOL too true, ten issues is not that many.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I have a theory but it is rather unlikely, however, the candidate would fit the (so far) known facts - 616 Gwen Stacy (not a clone). Of course, I'm probably wrong as with the popularity of Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider I can't see those in charge of Marvel letting Spencer make a resurrected 616 Gwen a bitter villain upset that Peter didn't save her, and who is now in love with her best friend.
    And it would contradict what the cloned Gwen said to Peter in Clone Conspiracy...she feared she was going to lose him to MJ anyway had they all continued to be friends. That Gwen was supposed to have the true soul of the original.

Centipede cannot be Mephisto. Mephisto was dethroned by Johnny Blaze in an event Spencer co-wrote. He has no power and the OMD contract wasn't even broken. I wouldn't be surprised if him being off the table is the reason given for why Centipede is making his move now, since it doesn't really seem to be about Mary Jane. It's about Peter and everyone in his orbit.

it'snotcarliethatwouldbesuperlame

Also, consider that he could just be a new character who we as readers have never met, or that Peter has never met.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Centipede cannot be Mephisto. Mephisto was dethroned by Johnny Blaze in an event Spencer co-wrote. He has no power and the OMD contract wasn't even broken. I wouldn't be surprised if him being off the table is the reason given for why Centipede is making his move now, since it doesn't really seem to be about Mary Jane. It's about Peter and everyone in his orbit.

Also, consider that he could just be a new character who we as readers have never met, or that Peter has never met.
    "He" has already said "he" knows Peter better than anyone, and has used the pet name "Pete" for him, add that to the fact "he" told Mysterio he "read his script" in the first issue and it's looking likely Centipede possibly is somehow Mary Jane, either that or he's a distillation of all her negative impulses left in reality by the events of OMD.

Oh, and with Kraven's team and the Kingpin/Boomerang war in motion, Nick has major plotlines that can be used to buffer the clues and reveals, unlike Hydra Cap where he had to reveal his hand like 12 issues in. At best, next month we'll learn his actual supervillain name.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And it would contradict what the cloned Gwen said to Peter in Clone Conspiracy...she feared she was going to lose him to MJ anyway had they all continued to be friends. That Gwen was supposed to have the true soul of the original.
    Sure, but when has such a contradiction ever prevented a good comic book story from being told? I'm not saying it is 616 Gwern but it could be.

I've been loving Spencer's run on this title so far but this issue took it to another level. I'm so happy that Felicia finally knows again and one of the worst injustices done to her has been undone. It should never have taken this long for her to get her memories back and it felt like we were reading the real Felicia again. Absolutely loved everything about this issue!

That's why I think it's not necessarily him, but some other demon somehow related to him, like you said making his move because he's powerless now. And yeah, I really hope it's not an old love interest, maybe Spencer could make that work in execution, but that just seems too silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "He" has already said "he" knows Peter better than anyone, and has used the pet name "Pete" for him, add that to the fact "he" told Mysterio he "read his script" in the first issue and it's looking likely Centipede possibly is somehow Mary Jane, either that or he's a distillation of all her negative impulses left in reality by the events of OMD.
    ....I was gonna say that'd be ridiculous but considering the first arc was literally about Peter being split into a positive and negative entity, it would be thematically consistent.

The MJ relationship was added to the book after the first issue was all outlined and plans were in place, so even though OMD will probably play a big part in the story later on, it can't be the actual origin of the new villain unless he's changed it to be so or such a massive part of the run was added late as well (which careful planner Spencer wouldn't do).

And yet Mephisto showed up in Scarlet Spider totally fine.