Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The entire English-speaking world knew who he was. Not having had a previous personal relationship with him should have made no difference. The clear difference is that Carlie is the first person to find out after Peter weakened the spell. I definitely got the impression that was meant to reset things so that while people still didn't know his dual identity, they could rediscover it the way they would have before Civil War.

This is all still built on the assumption that we're still supposed to be thinking in terms of the early FF re-reveal. I get the impression we're not. (It does make the situation stranger with Felicia because that's the remaining intimate used-to-know situation. Bear in mind that everyone is so happy about the Spencer resolution that they're ignoring the fact that Felicia (and Daredevil) explicitly told Spider-Man not to re-reveal his identity to them.)
    Yes, well, in those situations, we're just going to ignore that for now. :P Especially because the story where Felicia didn't want him to reveal his identity was hugely mischaracterized based on, you guessed it, her past relationship with him.

And honestly, I'm not saying it's 100% clear. It's confusing as hell, because Quesada made it confusing once OMD/OMIT tried to explain it. Slott tried his best to have it make sense, but in universe it's completely bonkers. There isn't a reason why after Spider-Island everyone doesn't know his identity again, even though the events of "Civil War" happened, except they didn't...it all gets way too murky for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    With the memories thing, I always find it weird that "Civil War" was the turning point, where anyone before that forgets and anyone afterwards just totally don't know. Even Kingpin hasn't alluded to if he truly knows in Spencer's run.
    Spectacular had a moment where they teased Kingpin might know, but that never went anywhere, and like you mentioned in Spencer's run, they go out of their way not to mention Peter by name when the Ragdemon is confronting Kingpin, so I'm just gonna assume he doesn't actually know.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Spectacular had a moment where they teased Kingpin might know, but that never went anywhere, and like you mentioned in Spencer's run, they go out of their way not to mention Peter by name when the Ragdemon is confronting Kingpin, so I'm just gonna assume he doesn't actually know.
    Part of me wishes that he did know so that we could get a "Born Again" style story with Peter.

It's probably safe to assume any telepaths Spidey's dealt with since Spider Island also know.
    Yeah. Teen Jean Grey knew Miles's identity because of Miles's guest spot in All-New X-Men before Secret Wars. They've not interacted since Secret Wars for some reason, despite Cyclops being a Champion (the X books just ignored that), so the subject didn't come up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah the other heroes know that he is immature but they also know he will step it up when he needs to. And multiple heroes treat him with respect. Fanstatic Four, Daredevil, Wolverine, Captain America, street heroes, etc. Like i never heard a Hero saying they hate Spiderman except for the Og Wasp but I feel like that was more of a pun. Even the new One didnt like him at first but they all eventually warm up to him.
    Nadia never did straighten things out with Peter. She really lashed out at him in Avengers #11, the last issue before the Legacy renumbering (she was angry because the team had been evicted from the Baxter Building, which of course, was Spidey's fault). Those last three issues before No Surrender were a crossover with the Champions, ending with Nadia joining the teen team (she was officially on double duty briefly, as No Surrender is actually set after Champions #21). Peter then apparently quit the Avengers before No Surrender started.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-29-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    I didn't like this issue, crept for the Felicia parts. To me, Spencer is boring unlike slott in making Peters hero life evolve.
    Exactly his hero life. But what about the man behind the mask? That was my biggest gripe with Slott once Superior passed, he ignored one for the other. Spencer at least has shown to be balancing both sides much to my reading pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Teen Jean Grey knew Miles's identity because of Miles's guest spot in All-New X-Men before Secret Wars. They've not interacted since Secret Wars for some reason, despite Cyclops being a Champion (the X books just ignored that), so the subject didn't come up again.
    Nadia never did straighten things out with Peter. She really lashed out at him in Avengers #11, the last issue before the Legacy renumbering (she was angry because the team had been evicted from the Baxter Building, which of course, was Spidey's fault). Those last three issues before No Surrender were a crossover with the Champions, ending with Nadia joining the teen team (she was officially on double duty briefly, as No Surrender is actually set after Champions #21). Peter then apparently quit the Avengers before No Surrender started.
    I fail to see how preventing SpOck and by extension HYDRA from gaining access to advance tech can be considered a negative considering what he had to sacrifice to do so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I fail to see how preventing SpOck and by extension HYDRA from gaining access to advance tech can be considered a negative considering what he had to sacrifice to do so.
    Yeah. Maybe it wasn't the best way to do it, but Spidey did the right thing considering the circunstances.

Quote Originally Posted by MP95 View Post
    She got over not liking the Peter Parker side in the nineties. There have been many comics since where she looks back at how she initially reacted and thought about how foolishly she reacted and behaved. She grew to love both Peter and Spider-Man. Many writers forgot that after OMD and regressed her back to only being into the Spider. Thankfully, Nick Spencer actually knows his continuity and characterizations.
    Ok yeah, that's all pretty hazy for me now. I remember Felicia at the beginning...then post OMD. Everything in the middle is a blur lol.

So not to beat a dead horse but: it would be kind of amusing and realistic if she kind of, flinched back.... because after all, she doesn't remember any of it ... even less than I do!

She won't remember how she grew to love "both Peter and Spider-man" over the years, in spite of how he's not her type. It *is* like she's seeing him for the first time - and (realistically) she would see him as a recent celebrity tech billionaire that crashed and burned his company in a blaze of glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That was because it wasn't like she was finding out who he was for the first time, she was having all the memories of their time together and knowledge of him come back to her. So the reaction becomes one of happiness and relief than of surprise.
    Are you sure about that? Where in the text is this stated anywhere?

She also kidnapped him during PI.
    Yeah, that too lol. Just sayin....

Spectacular Member

I get most of my comics in digital these days to keep clutter down, but loved the issue so much I picked up a paper copy today too. Was probably getting myself a physical copy anyways cause of the great cover.

Another fantastic issue from Spencer! Boy, 10 issues in and this run just feels right; as much as I liked Slott's start to the "Big Time" era, I think this is even better----might be the best this book has been on a consistent basis since the early JMS era. Just great stuff month in and month out.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Another fantastic issue from Spencer! Boy, 10 issues in and this run just feels right;
    I agree it's been a lot of fun to read, my wife noted recently how I've got a smile on my face when I'm reading it. I can't wait for issue eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I agree it's been a lot of fun to read, my wife noted recently how I've got a smile on my face when I'm reading it. I can't wait for issue eleven.
    Right?? Same here; feels most like a return to the Marvel style of the '80's to me. Solid characterizations as opposed to the story careening from one big earthshaking event to the other; Spidey feels grounded and heroic at the same time. He is using his noodle to get out of jams----even in quieter seemingly unimportant moments like thinking to use Ms Marvel's IPhone tracker to rescue he and Felicia. Just great stuff with enough humor to balance the stories without ever going overboard with the Deadpool-ish style of joking that took over the character in recent years.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Spencer is definitely doing a lot of things right IMO. May it continue