Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #3 (spoilers/discussion)

Tycon did a nice sum-up over in the preview thread, so I'm going to just quote him -

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Wow. We were largely correct for what went down this issue:

-After the preview, Legion introduces himself and seems oddly calm, awkwardly asking if the New X-Men are excited to save the world
    -We cut back to Jean, who didn't realize there were THOUSANDS of Jamies with different powers flooding Russell Springs. Jean sends down her team and realizes that they aren't really fighting "Jamie" but empty copies so they can go trigger-happy. But then the premonition from #1 happens and Jean gets an idea....
    -Legion and the NXM are walking down the hall with the students questioning Legion. Pixie brings up that the X-Men are fighting Jamies and Legion freaks the hell out before he starts to feel the Jamies dying....
    -Back in Kansas, the Jamies brutally injure both Jubilee and Northstar, taking them out of the fight as Kurt TPs them both out. Jean and Psylocke hold hands and amplify their powers, shutting down every single "Jamie." Jean then realizes that what they've been looking for has been beneath them the entire time.
    -Legion SNAPS. He starts smashing his head on the floor as his hair starts to spike up again, warning the New X-Men that the X-Men ruined everything and that he tried to do this the easy way. He then pushes the students out of the way as they start to fight back.
    -There seems to be some sort of underground bunker that Jean and co break into, with Polaris ripping apart a giant door to reveal the true Jamie Madrox! Once they get hiim aboard the Blackbird, we learn that Legion had been duplicating him and placing his personalities in each dupe to make an army to stop something. This leads to massive confusion between the team, with Bishop wondering if he was dead while Iceman doesn't even know who he is. Jean explains that Legion had somehow removed his existence from the minds of everyone but has seemingly resurfaced for some odd reason. Laura points to the news channel, which says that the natural disasters are starting to reach biblical proportions.
    -Jean then reaches out to Beast, who has reached the Mansion as Rockslide bursts through one of the walls. The Blackbird arrives as we see the New X-Men fighting with Legion (who now has his personalities back in his head) on the front lawn. Jean orders Armor and Pixie to get the citizens to safety, much to Hisako's chagrin. Jean then tries to talk to David, who says that he warned her of the future and that he was trying to protect them all through Jamie. Legion keeps playing the pronoun game until Jean says: "Protect us from what, David?"
    -Then....the Horsemen of Salvation arrive! The Horsemen of Peace (Magneto), Life (Angel), Wellness (Omega??), and Bounty (maybe Blob??? him and Omega could switch) all smash down on the front lawn. The X-Men are understandably confused as hell, and then the Horsemen blow up the mansion.

ugh. I mean, it was good that events are getting addressed but...everything is moving at a SNAIL'S pace. which shouldn't be all that bad since we are on a weekly schedule but the dinosaur subplot seems kind of pointless and just window dressing for Jean to arrive on the scene

I agree with the criticism on pacing. I don't know if it's the number of writers or the number of plot threads involved, but even with a weekly dose of this story, I was past the point of "get on with it!" by the time the Horsemen finally showed up.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-28-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Personally, I love the Legion/Madrox Linxplanation and I applaud the creative team for coming up with such a twisted twist. I'm eager to read this for myself.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So... did all of the students who were presumably inside the mansion just got blown up ?
    Because that's kind of a big deal...

Astonishing Member

Ok any guesses on who died in that explosion, for shock value of course

BANNED

So...Legion is dismissing his girlfriend's peers as "kids." While wearing a body that looks 30-something years old.

*SIGH* Marvel...

I sorta wished they hadn't ruined the surprise of the horsemen before on the covers. Would have had a bigger impact. Also Blindfold should have been with the kids for the Legion lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So...Legion is dismissing his girlfriend's peers as "kids." While wearing a body that looks 30-something years old.

*SIGH* Marvel...
    Yes. Because he's condescending.

Liked this issue. Interested in Legion's end goal. Enjoyed Jean and Betsy sharing the ultimate intimacy. I really love Jean leading the X-Men.

lol at Storm, Psylocke, Polaris and Cannoball just vanishing after they retrieved Madrox.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Nice to get some answers. Legion putting his personalities into the Jamie dupes, him being behind Jean's vision, but wish we could have learned more about what he was trying to achieve.

Jean and Psylocke's team-up was great! Probably the highlight of the issue for me.

I can't believe the Horsemen blew up the school? There has to be a number of people in there..... even if I"m not too crazy for all the kids (please let Oya be okay).

I too found it odd that Polaris, Storm, and Cannonball just disappear at the end. Like they were with the rest of the team, why weren't they fighting Legion?

Pretty decent overall.

I'm normally a lurker here but I really had to log on to ask what was the point to the first 3 issues? Having Legion show up at the end of issue 2 to act sane for a few panels before revealing he was the reason for Maddrox being crazy seems like a big waste of time. I can't even call him a red herring for the question of who's the big bad since his temporary sanity wasn't really a question posited early enough in the story. And is there any reason all of the New X-men weren't out there fighting?

I really liked this issue. I have no issues thus far with the pacing.

Anyone else think that this might signal the end of the X-men’s tenure in Central Park?

Also ouch. That is NOT how you have an appendectomy. I hope the med lab survived the explosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Let's fill the next mansion with dynamite so we can blow it up before the villains do. Just to catch them off guard.

Fantastic Member

Lol @ the synopsis page switching the locations for the Madri and dinosaurs. Oops.

Edit: I AM really enjoying the story thus far, but please, PROOFREAD your work, guys.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 11-28-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I really liked this issue. I have no issues thus far with the pacing.

Anyone else think that this might signal the end of the X-men’s tenure in Central Park?
    A few people were tossing around the possibility that would be the case in various threads, given how much of the previous few years of story have been getting rolled back here and there. I don't think it's going to be greatly missed, tbh.