Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Anyone feels like maybe the school isn't actually gonna come back for a while? I've been having this feeling since the beginning that maybe this is what the "Disassembled" on the title means... I remember Jordan D White talking about how he doesn't like the school concept because of some stupid reason like "The X-Men being teachers make them feel old"... And the kids are getting a lot of focus out of nowhere...
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the X-Mansion/School idea was dispensed with and the separate mutant teams operated out of various locations across the globe.
    With all their high-tech gadgetry and financial supporters etc...communication, co-ordination and transportation is not a problem.

And I'm all for Emma running a new version of her Massachusetts Academy (not an X-School).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so who should the next x mansion be dedicated too?
    Cyclops, call it a Utopia Sprawl

BANNED

This **** sucks. Horseman designs were trash.
    It’s just throwing up random mysteries that aren’t even that compelling!
    Legion did it, but why? Medieval X-men villains!

Im starting to believe X-men hasn’t been trash because Marvel had a grudge
    But because they don’t know what to do with them

They need some good writers.
    This comic feels aimed at people who subscribe to throwing whatever crazy **** in a book and going because comics!

Like damn! I miss Gillen, Bunn, Morrison, 90s Scott Lobdell, and old Claremont
    They let anyone write the fucking X-men.

Marvel feels trash period, I’d rather read DC at this point

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post

This comic feels aimed at people who subscribe to throwing whatever crazy **** in a book and going because comics!

Pretty much, there is 0 tension because they havent made us care about anything that’s happening. Oh no the mansion exploding for the 100th time is the best they got?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Or stop bitching and strike out on their own like the New Mutants did when they became X-Force or the All New X-men vol 2 (later Blue) kids did. If they dont want to be students or trainees, go out and be X-men on your terms. Most of them have to be around 19-21 by now so its ridiculous that these legal adults are whining like this when they arent being held captive or forced to stay
    Normally, I'd agree, but Kitty kind of sums up why many of the students can't do stuff like that:

Many of them don't have the resources that the New Mutants had (Cable) or the utilities that the Hopeless kids had (Beast and his scientifically-advanced RV) And X-Editorial seems to only hand out certain X-students to other offices at certain times.

Not to mention, we sort of were fooled on how this whole "we wanna graduate already" plot was gonna go. Not only is Hisako the only one who feels that way, but it makes her come off as bratty since she didn't get to go on one little mission with the X-Men after being on Gold for however many issues. And the X-Students seem to be purposely being nerfed just so the adults can come off looking like the sensible heroes. Seriously, Armor has taken down Fing Fang Foom, Pixie managed to trick eldritch gods into killing themselves with her pixie dust, Rockslide.....is Rockslide, yet they manage to lose out to the MLF????? Of all villains????????? And the plane crash is a weak excuse because that wouldn't stop Pixie from forming her Soul Dagger and using her mutant ability. But alas.

BANNED

This is from trailer.
    Sooo...
    Someone will resurrect them. (Horseman or Legion?)
    death.jpg

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I’m wondering where Shogo is during all of this mess... hope he didn’t go down with the mansion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    This is from trailer.
    Sooo...
    Someone will resurrect them. (Horseman or Legion?)
    death.jpg
    I doubt they died

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Normally, I'd agree, but Kitty kind of sums up why many of the students can't do stuff like that:

Many of them don't have the resources that the New Mutants had (Cable) or the utilities that the Hopeless kids had (Beast and his scientifically-advanced RV) And X-Editorial seems to only hand out certain X-students to other offices at certain times.

Not to mention, we sort of were fooled on how this whole "we wanna graduate already" plot was gonna go. Not only is Hisako the only one who feels that way, but it makes her come off as bratty since she didn't get to go on one little mission with the X-Men after being on Gold for however many issues. And the X-Students seem to be purposely being nerfed just so the adults can come off looking like the sensible heroes. Seriously, Armor has taken down Fing Fang Foom, Pixie managed to trick eldritch gods into killing themselves with her pixie dust, Rockslide.....is Rockslide, yet they manage to lose out to the MLF????? Of all villains????????? And the plane crash is a weak excuse because that wouldn't stop Pixie from forming her Soul Dagger and using her mutant ability. But alas.
    Aren't Hellion and Quentin Quire rich? Quentin pays for a good chunk of the school's bills. You dont need to be rich to form your own X-team. The roadtrip X-Force certainly werent. Obviously its alot more challenging to be on your own but they'd get o do things on their own terms and wouldnt need to report to Kitty. You are right in that Armor is leading the charge and many may not feel as slighted as she is. In that case, she's the problem and needs to shut up or leave
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-28-2018 at 04:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I doubt they died

Aren't Hellion and Quentin Quire rich? Quentin pays for a good chunk of the school's bills. You dont need to be rich to form your own X-team. The roadtrip X-Force certainly werent. Obviously its alot more challenging to be on your own but they'd get o do things on their own terms and wouldnt need to report to Kitty. You are right in that Armor is leading the charge and many may not feel as slighted as she is. In that case, she's the problem and needs to shut up or leave
    Julian's family disinherited him back during the Hellion's mini. And if he was still getting any financial support afterwards, it almost certainly ended when they up and moved without telling him.

BANNED

So go ahead. If you're this dissatisfied, you can walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The same 90s wank with a fresh coat of paint yes.
    That isn't the comic I'm reading. But lucky for you, as a reader with free choice you can just decide this isn't for you and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I took it more as Bishop is technically a cop and he was doing his duty by saving the man, handing him his sign was more of a “now how do you feel” moment...
    Yeah, he's just doing his duty. Handing him back his sign with no comment just speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I enjoyed it, similar to the previous issues. The pacing isn't bothering me because it's a weekly comic, and I do feel like there was enough development in this issue with the Horsemen and Madrox explaining what Legion did to him. Overall I'm just glad that the X-men are united for something and it's all hands on deck, I've missed that feeling.
    Yeah, I'm enjoying this as well and the pacing is totally fine - it's a weekly comic and we're already getting some answers but obviously not all the answers becaaaause it's only week three of a ten issue story! If you can't endure waiting a week for more of the story to unfold, just wait until it's done and read it all at once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Anyone feels like maybe the school isn't actually gonna come back for a while? I've been having this feeling since the beginning that maybe this is what the "Disassembled" on the title means... I remember Jordan D White talking about how he doesn't like the school concept because of some stupid reason like "The X-Men being teachers make them feel old"... And the kids are getting a lot of focus out of nowhere...
    Yeah, I agree. I feel like the destruction of the mansion here is going to actually stick - for awhile, least.

I think the "Disassembled" aspect of this storyline is going to become more evident as it goes on and blowing up the mansion is part of that.

BANNED

You can't invent a wheel.
    All comics/books/films/serials use the same thing.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    You can't invent a wheel.
    All comics/books/films/serials use the same thing.
    True but when it’s done well, it doesnt feel like a retread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, I'm enjoying this as well and the pacing is totally fine - it's a weekly comic and we're already getting some answers but obviously not all the answers becaaaause it's only week three of a ten issue story! If you can't endure waiting a week for more of the story to unfold, just wait until it's done and read it all at once.
    Yes! I don't get why people complain about the pacing. It's been the strong point of the book. They've been doing a great job with revealing a little more each week so far. I also love how they've been using the ensemble cast.

The main thing I didn't like is that it looks like they are simplifying the story instead of building on the threads they introduced in #1. The Madrox situation is pretty much resolved and he is on the side of the X-Men. Legion had a weird break down and is back to the same old character he always was. I was expecting these two to have a more interesting role in the story tbh.

Some of the dialogues felt really weird to me...some of the nicknames they have for each other were really strange and felt out of character.

People say the mansion being destroyed is nothing new...it's true, but I think it's a story where the X-Men are at a disadvantage from the get go. How can they put them in this situation without dealing a major blow like destroying the mansion? It's cliche but it not a major event that takes up an entire issue. It's an event that moves the plot forward by putting the X-Men in this situation where they no longer have their main base of operation. I think it's smart to do this in issue #3 and raise the stakes.

I don't think the criticism of the design for the Horsemen is deserved. I think we need to wait until we find out more about the Age of X thing. The Horsemen are supposed to look completely out of place. I think their designs is supposed to give us a feel for the weird stuff that will come next.

7/10.

Another incremental improvement, thank goodness this is a weekly series.

The art was good and I got a few chuckles out of this one actually. I'm curious about the power difference between Legion and X-Man, if a direct confrontation didn't occur - or maybe Legion's multiple personalities or whatever is too much a liability with someone at that level? Also, are these Horsemen from X-Man's world or did he convert the present versions so quickly? I know Angel took off earlier but it seems like a quick turnaround for him to be in full medieval gear. What did Legion intend to do that the sane version didn't think he could go to the X-Men for help?

For the things I didn't like: how did Jean not realize how many there would be? They could see them from space apparently; Armor's attitude stopped being believable a while ago, she has a job to do as an X-Man and that will sometimes include saving lives, not punching bad guys; while I also think the mansion being blown up isn't tense anymore, at least it won't be in the middle of a public park, so I guess that's a mixed bag; I'm not crazy about the lineup or designs for X-Man's Horsemen.