Default Should Wonder Woman be more involved in Doomsday Clock?

I was reading the latest issue, with Superman flying around trying to speak with Black Adam and Putin and the like, and I was thinking, "Isn't this more Wonder Woman's thing? Keeping the nations of the world from committing war and despotism?"

Not saying that Clark shouldn't be the major focus of the series or anything (it's pretty clear writers can write him a lot easier than Diana), just this usually isn't how he operates.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I was reading the latest issue, with Superman flying around trying to speak with Black Adam and Putin and the like, and I was thinking, "Isn't this more Wonder Woman's thing? Keeping the nations of the world from committing war and despotism?"

Not saying that Clark shouldn't be the major focus of the series or anything (it's pretty clear writers can write him a lot easier than Diana), just this usually isn't how he operates.
    Sadly, as always, Diana is irrelevant in the big crossover stories. I keep hoping she'll show up and do something awesome, but I think the only reference to her in the entire series is a one-off line about her being back in Themyscira.

So instead of the Trinity, we get a story focusing on Batman and Superman...again. I'm very disappointed as this sort of thing would be right up her alley.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

On the other hand, given Johns' spotty history with her and his grand contribution to her mythos being the brother nobody asked for, it may be for the best if she sit it out.

The larger problem of having no crossovers or events centered around her is annoying. But if her options to write said events are Johns and Snyder...

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Wonder Woman was supposed to be the lead character in Darkseid War but stood there looking on as things unfolded before her eyes, Johns obviously has no clue what to do with Wonder Woman so I'm not surprised that he benched her this time around

I'm okay with her sitting this one out. It doesn't feel like her story to me.

Now, ask me if I'm hoping for Doctor Manhattan to reboot the DCU at the end of Doomsday Clock and what Diana's story should be then...

Given what a mess that story is, no.

Johns does not write Diana well, in general. He's not the absolute worst by any stretch of the imagination, he just has never put much effort into her. I mean, in my opinion he doesn't write Superman well either, but he's a little more invested and in his history has put way more effort into him compared to anything he's ever done with WW, which is not much. So yeah, the role Superman plays here, while it fits him just fine in its own right, does fit Diana better. But he doesn't care much about her, when all is said and done.

As a fan of her though her lack of involvement doesn't really bother me though as I have no interest in the story. Its far, far, far more just a Watchmen sequel than they ever admitted anyway. I expect Snyder's 2019 event to have far more relevant ramifications going forward, so I'm more interested in what her role might be there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-11-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El