View Poll Results: What did you think of this issue?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

2 9.52%
  • ★★★★

6 28.57%
  • ★★★

8 38.10%
  • ★★

3 14.29%
  • 2 9.52%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Ares gave the missile more momentum.
    You mean velocity. And we simply don't agree.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Both were fun systems! Champions was, I believe, the first game to include it as a mechanic (1982). "Soliloquys take no time" is one of my favorite little additions to gaming. How else is your villain going to monologue and reveal his whole plan to the heroes!?
    DC Heroes would have to be the most elegant superhero system of all time.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I thought it was ok. The story seems like it could be leading somewhere interesting, but this issue was too sparse for me. Felt like I finished reading it in three minutes. Agreed about the art, very underwhelming. I'm hoping it picks up soon or I think I'll have to just trade wait it.

Agreed on the art, guys. It's not at the title's best, and Wonder Woman herself is the element Nord is paying the least attention to. It's interesting: Robinson's run was awful, but it had GREAT art for me (which made the title even more painful to read - why so beautiful if it's so bad). Well I think we can't have it all.

But, anyway, I like the story. Wilson has an interesting version of Ares here - he clearly has some temper issues since the dialogue with Grail last issue. And I can see what she's doing with the "justice" angle. There's a logic to his point about people being conniving with atrocities deserving punishment. Especially if you are a god from a time when people valued honor and fighting for your people as prime qualities. Of course it could be more nuanced, but... I'm ok with it. By now at least.

For me the best thing about the issue is the creatures. They have a distinct feeling to their dialogues that I appreciate. I wish I could say the same about Diana herself, but it's okay to take some issues to "crack the code" of the character.

TL;DR: I liked it and I'm still hopeful!