Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What the hell is snyder doing?

Why Wonder Woman doesn't fly in drowned earth? atom had to help her with her airborne. Also batman saved her from Cheetah.
    Last edited by starlight25; 11-28-2018 at 09:09 AM.

DC has always been back and forth with Diana. Nothing new

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    DC has always been back and forth with Diana. Nothing new
    Why? They make it sound like there is a problem with her character, but there is not. She is a powerhouse not a female kratos. Why can't they respect her verse, her roots even after her big hit in 2017. But they respect superman who hasn't had a big hit like that in decades.

The lack of flying doesn't bother me, but the fact that Cheetah has the edge on Diana while giving her generic ass supervillain monologue, only to be beaten once again by Batman (Lex suit or not, this is so dumb). In one swoop, Batman once again overshadowed both Diana and Cheetah.

I had high hopes for Cheetah under Snyder, but here she's just so damn disappointing.

I don't give a damn one way or another whether she can fly, but geez, let's be consistent in a shared continuity. This shouldn't be something that difficult to keep consistent across different lines. We're not talking the minutiae of her invulnerability here, either she can fly or she can't. Pick one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The lack of flying doesn't bother me, but the fact that Cheetah has the edge on Diana while giving her generic ass supervillain monologue, only to be beaten once again by Batman (Lex suit or not, this is so dumb). In one swoop, Batman once again overshadowed both Diana and Cheetah.

I had high hopes for Cheetah under Snyder, but here she's just so damn disappointing.
    Yeah, this is the more disappointing thing for me.

At least it was with the benefit of Lex's battle armor, which is designed to stand up to Kryptonians. But still really bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, this is the more disappointing thing for me.

At least it was with the benefit of Lex's battle armor, which is designed to stand up to Kryptonians. But still really bad.
    That also has to do with the fact that snyder portrays her as weak. Compared to other powerhouses she has done nothing big in jl, before and after snyder. Appearently she can't even fly and she is supposed to be this Godly amazon. And Cheetah, another character powered up by a God was once again defeated by batman. There is no respect for WW and her verse.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Remember when people wanted Snyder to be the writer of the main WW book? Lmfao.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Yeah, Cheetah's portrayal in Justice League has been a bit disappointing. Granted she killed Poseidon but that was only after her claws were tainted with the Tear of Extinction. She already has the power of a god so she should have been able to kill Poseidon without the Tear's help. Plus it all happened so quick. It's almost like Snyder felt forced to use a Wonder Woman villain in his run and is just dealing with it. That being said, at least he's using one of Diana's original rogues instead of using a public domain character like Tynion is doing with Hecate and Circe.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yeah, Cheetah's portrayal in Justice League has been a bit disappointing. Granted she killed Poseidon but that was only after her claws were tainted with the Tear of Extinction. She already has the power of a god so she should have been able to kill Poseidon without the Tear's help. Plus it all happened so quick. It's almost like Snyder felt forced to use a Wonder Woman villain in his run and is just dealing with it. That being said, at least he's using one of Diana's original rogues instead of using a public domain character like Tynion is doing with Hecate and Circe.
    Why is it that WW and her verse are never well represented in other titles? They are just there. Never do something major, they are not portrayed as powerhouses. Wasn't drowned earth supposed to be about both aquaman and WW? What did she do the whole time other than being weak? Same for Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Why is it that WW and her verse are never well represented in other titles? They are just there. Never do something major, they are not portrayed as powerhouses. Wasn't drowned earth supposed to be about both aquaman and WW? What did she do the whole time other than being weak? Same for Cheetah.

Yeah, Snyder said Drowned Earth was supposed to focus on both Aquaman and Wonder Woman. That gave me the impression that Queen Clea would be involved but alas, nope. Cheetah's 5 minute killing of Poeseidon was the milestone of Synder's run so far as Wonder Woman and her cast goes.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yeah, Snyder said Drowned Earth was supposed to focus on both Aquaman and Wonder Woman. That gave me the impression that Queen Clea would be involved but alas, nope. Cheetah's 5 minute killing of Poeseidon was the milestone of Synder's run so far as Wonder Woman and her cast goes.
    Why do these writers promise things and then nothing? 14 issues into his jl and we don't even know if WW can fly, yet she flies in other comics. He can't even be consistent about that. WW the powerhouse God like amazon fighting Another God like being aka Cheetah, and batman was the star. He took down Cheetah too easily. What is going own? WW got a big hit recently, yet almost nothing is being done with her verse. Before this jl arc she did nothing in the previous one. All she did in priest run was being the reason a nun got killed with her sword, and get shot. And they say WW fans are hard to please. Hard to please? if they do almost nothing with her verse. She is just there. This is very frustraiting.

Why? They make it sound like there is a problem with her character, but there is not. She is a powerhouse not a female kratos. Why can't they respect her verse, her roots even after her big hit in 2017. But they respect superman who hasn't had a big hit like that in decades.
    Sadly it's hard to sad. This is why Diana's comics aren't doing well. They keep rebooting her. they keep messing up her character. You think DC would stop being a jerk to Diana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sadly it's hard to sad. This is why Diana's comics aren't doing well. They keep rebooting her. they keep messing up her character. You think DC would stop being a jerk to Diana.
    They should stop. They should know by now that doing this doesn't give them good results.

They should stop. They should know by now that doing this doesn't give them good results.

I was very happy with rebirth because instead of rebooting or retcon they generally would focus on something else. I'm confused I thought Diana flew in rebirth.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-29-2018 at 07:27 PM.