Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I like Rucka, and I've heard good things about Tyke's solo - maybe I'll read that after the mountain of other things on my list. I just can't stand where Tyke's character wound up later.
    Have you read Death and the Maidens? I found it dark but enjoy it.

I feel like the 05 where only used to get new readers interested in Jean with out telling the background story. Not bad really giving how strong her young self had been. Now the problem for me is that when I read the reviews on red, my interest in her is not the same. I want to see her powers and not a copy of what Emma did in DoX just with miner changes. Not bashing Jean just the writers could not do something new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post

I feel like the 05 where only used to get new readers interested in Jean with out telling the background story. Not bad really giving how strong her young self had been. Now the problem for me is that when I read the reviews on red, my interest in her is not the same. I want to see her powers and not a copy of what Emma did in DoX just with miner changes. Not bashing Jean just the writers could not do something new.
    risk aversion? I've always seen that female and minority characters suffer the fact that they can't be shown to have certain flaws, make certain mistakes, or suffer horrible defeats because it'd be problematic (see the cry about something in fatnastic beasts, tragic mulatto girl I think?)m, maybe rey that can't be anything but flawless and perfect or holdo that has to be right or you're a mysoginist . . .

My point is that flawed characters get the opportunity to grow, fail, make mistakes, learn, progress, hit rock bottom and it feels authentic, cyclops beneffited from that, and I don't think storm or jean would ever get the same treatment that scott got post avx because it'd be problematic. . . It means their stories got no real risk because they've got no stake or consequences for them, thus they fell unauthentic, I think kitty suffered from the same

That's his Batman stuff, right? I don't think I've read it.

I know some people say that if you aren't enjoying a book to drop it, and I certainly think if a book reaches a personal deal-breaker, then of course a reader should drop it - but I've been reading Red despite it's consistent disappointment for me because it's the first book with Jean in it and I want to be able to properly and legitimately praise and/or criticize it. Jean has been off to me, but she's been fine in Uncanny (although the book is stuffed and it's only three issues in) - I hope she fares better with whoever has her next.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So excited for Cyclops to return, and he looks great with the beard.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    risk aversion? I've always seen that female and minority characters suffer the fact that they can't be shown to have certain flaws, make certain mistakes, or suffer horrible defeats because it'd be problematic (see the cry about something in fatnastic beasts, tragic mulatto girl I think?)m, maybe rey that can't be anything but flawless and perfect or holdo that has to be right or you're a mysoginist . . .

My point is that flawed characters get the opportunity to grow, fail, make mistakes, learn, progress, hit rock bottom and it feels authentic, cyclops beneffited from that, and I don't think storm or jean would ever get the same treatment that scott got post avx because it'd be problematic. . . It means their stories got no real risk because they've got no stake or consequences for them, thus they fell unauthentic, I think kitty suffered from the same
    I'd have to agree with you here. Flaws or mistakes seem to be avoided with some of the characters but it makes them a bit less compelling. At the same time, it might just be preference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'd have to agree with you here. Flaws or mistakes seem to be avoided with some of the characters but it makes them a bit less compelling. At the same time, it might just be preference.
    ALso risk aversion from certain writers, in the current era don't be surprised if people start shitting on you for writing a character wrong. . . Also there are levels, us that are the good ol regular fans, they've deal with us for years, and their new fans that could easily call em racists/mysoginist/chauvinist, etc, those are the ones you don't wanna piss off

Welcome back Cyclops, we missed you also the x men are getting their butts whip again. They need you to saved the day.

I have some bad news about your creator, .

Art is good.

BANNED

Late to the party,but holy **** HE IS BACK.

BANNED

Death to what now?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So excited for Cyclops to return, and he looks great with the beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Art is good.
    +1

10 char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Death to what now?
    Death to all X-Men? I'm not sure.

Also, does it say "Worthington" on all those files on his desk?
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

Now I fear that they're just going to repeat things as Scott being the grand savior of the X-Men like he was described as before his death...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Now I fear that they're just going to repeat things as Scott being the grand savior of the X-Men like he was described as before his death...
    look like it will be. And the whole plot will revolve around Cyclops for another decade. Hopefully we are wrong.

I like Cyke and glad that he is back. But I don`t need savior of X-Men story. I hope it will be good.