Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He's an evil spirit with power over the mind of actual humans, that's why he's coming back and so many writers have used him over the years.

Someone should send screencaps of this place to Morrison so he'll know hypercrisis is real and Scott started it.

We should just call the folks at Scott's thread to sit back and enjoy with us. There's still a lot of fun to have
    this,

10char
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Yo... isn't this the classic setup? Plenty of experienced, beacoup powerful X-Men...

And all these capable X-Men are ineffective.

They're just not...Right enough!

Only one pet character can save them! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The medium is obviously overwhelmingly [white] male-centric. It was a miracle that Claremont wrote Storm(and the other Claremazons) the way he did back in the day. I'm not sure we'll ever see it's like again.
    I'm gonna take flak for this, and I'm not saying she's perfect or anything, or that I've read everything she's written, but I think Kelly Thompson has the skill and post-1960s mentality needed to do this franchise justice...but no woman is going to get that kind of pull.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 11-29-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The matriarch era would've gone better if y'all had accepted Emma Frost as the Mother, Illyana as the Daughter and Laura as the Holy Spirit.

Get rekt.
    Lol They hate Emma.
    With out Emma the metriarch is jusy a bunch of little girls picking flowers and giving them to the avengers, inhumans. The rest of them are wallpaper decorations or playing sleeping beauty. ( looking at you Rachel)

BANNED

The medium is obviously overwhelmingly [white] male-centric. It was a miracle that Claremont wrote Storm(and the other Claremazons) the way he did back in the day. I'm not sure we'll ever see it's like again.
    No wonder cyclops got accused of being literally hitler , apparently if you're white you qualify as such. . . Also there's the issue that overall most of your audience are white males, but I can assure you you'll never see cyclops singing hip hop , novel or soap opera, or producing hollywood movies and preying on aspiring actressess (harvey weinstein where you at?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Yo... isn't this the classic setup? Plenty of experienced, beacoup powerful X-Men...

And all these capable X-Men are ineffective.

They're just not...Right enough!

Only one pet character can save them! Lmao

I'm gonna take flak for this, and I'm not saying she's perfect or anything, or that I've read everything she's written, but I think Kelly Thompson has the skill and post-1960s mentality needed to do this franchise justice...but no woman is going to get that kind of pull.
    louise simonson got it, she's one of the most definitve Cyclops writers from the 80's, and all she wrote is still relevant to cyclops story as whole , but apparantly some people pretend she doesn't exist because it doesn't fit their narrative. Hell I'd easily put her on par with Whedon and above all the writers that wrote cyclops during the utopia era, that lady was on a whole different level

I have been mildly impressed by her work with Rogue and Gambit, but she still hasn't sold me on her abilities(West Coast Avengers is a counterpoint, for sure). She is certainly the most promising of the current triumvirate, but you may be right about that last part.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-29-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    No wonder cyclops got accused of being literally hitler , apparently if you're white you qualify as such. . . Also there's the issue that overall most of your audience are white males, but I can assure you you'll never see cyclops singing hip hop , novel or soap opera, or producing hollywood movies and preying on aspiring actressess (harvey weinstein where you at?)
    There is a difference between noting the overwhelming focus on white-males characters in this medium and calling all white people "Hitler".

BANNED

I have been mildly impressed by her work with Rogue and Gambit, but she still hasn't sold me on her abilities. She is certainly the most promising of the current triumvirate, but you may be right about that last part.
    Im gonna be honest. I say that entirely based on R&G. I feel like she has REALLY dug into those characters and their history and they are so balanced as a pair. And modern. That's what we need. Fricking love that book.

BANNED

There is a difference between noting the overwhelming focus on white-males characters in this medium and calling all white people "Hitler".
    he got both. . . From editorial no less

as for Kelly thompson, gem , pink ranger, A force. . .
    She's ok to good, but nothing revolutionary or notorious

Im gonna be honest. I say that entirely based on R&G. I feel like she has REALLY dug into those characters and their history and they are so balanced as a pair. And modern. That's what we need. Fricking love that book.
    there's a difference between doing character heavy work and managing a team book, for example lemire is good at writing solos but he sucks at team books, he's even admitted it. As for thompson, read gem, it's her best comic in my opinion

The first mini series was completely compelling character work(the villain and overall story wasn't that great). Matched with the exceptional art/coloring, it was still a revelation. The current MMX, however, isn't quite as effective. Coupled with her work on West Coast Avengers, I'm starting to doubt her overall ability.

But guys if Storm and the other X-Women are depicted as powerful, confident, and ultimately successful, where does that leave the franchise's favorite self-insert character?
    If you’re talking about Scott, I’m gonna say powerful, confident, and ultimately successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    If you’re talking about Scott, I’m gonna say powerful, confident, and ultimately successful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    And he won't hear the voice of his detractors because of his gorgeous beard

Thank you, that was the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

This made my day lol