Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Yo... isn't this the classic setup? Plenty of experienced, beacoup powerful X-Men...

And all these capable X-Men are ineffective.

They're just not...Right enough!

Only one pet character can save them! Lmao

Hey what about this cyclops?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Yeah, he must become a monk, but madly in love with Jean and crawling back to her. Forever.
    Maybe a leash with her name is a good choice.
    And he's forbidden to have other girlfriends, just Jean and only Jean. He must be sick for her, dream about her, talk about her, living only for her, breathe for her, crawl for her, be a slave to her and only her. This is the only way to make him a decent man.
    Oh, and without her, he can not be an X-Man again. Without her, he will never be forgiven for being a EviiiiilllClops. Without her, he is nobody. Without her, he won't survive either. Without her, he'd die.
    I bet you'd love him

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I'd like to think the weird level of toxin and vitriol are intentional parody, sadly I don't think thats the case. So newsflash, Cyclops isn't responsible for how other characters have been portrayed, neither are Cyclops fans. More, you are going to be hard pressed to make a case that any character has suffered more intentional damages to prop up other characters than Cyclops. We've had years of him dead, more years of him being scapegoated for everything and everyone including actual in comic and out comparisons to a genocidal mad man. Well, screw that I'm sure there will be more regurgitation of how Cyclops is a horrible unrepentant monster for things that he did 30 years ago... and you know what? I don't care. Because one of my favorites is back and while its still very far off this preview looks good. The rest is just noise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Hey what about this cyclops?

I bet you'd love him
    ? You've never once read me say that Cyclops should be around Jean at all, let alone "crawl to her" or whatever. I don't get it.

BANNED

Im gonna be honest. I say that entirely based on R&G. I feel like she has REALLY dug into those characters and their history and they are so balanced as a pair. And modern. That's what we need. Fricking love that book.
    lmao there is nothing modern about that book.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

You know, with all the rejoicing/despairing, no one's bothered to mention the fact that Mutant Haters were literally running away at the sight of Cyclops. Hilariously meta, isn't?

Guess the v-neck-shirt, beard, pouty lips and floppy hair really did a number on people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lmao there is nothing modern about that book.
    You'd call it old-fashioned? A retread?

But guys if Storm and the other X-Women are depicted as powerful, confident, and ultimately successful, where does that leave the franchise's favorite self-insert character?
    Powerful? Cyclops is one of the weakest X-Men powerwise.

Confident? He doubts himself all the time.

Ultimately successful? He is, but Marvel and his haters like to pretend otherwise.

So if you want Storm to have the same "awesome self-insert" treatment as Scott, she needs to be

1. severely nerfed
    2. self-doubting
    3. ultimately be successful, but the narration to say the opposite.

So who's ready for that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Powerful? Cyclops is one of the weakest X-Men powerwise.

Confident? He doubts himself all the time.

Ultimately successful? He is, but Marvel and his haters like to pretend otherwise.

So if you want Storm to have the same "awesome self-insert" treatment as Scott, she needs to be

1. severely nerfed
    2. self-doubting
    3. ultimately be successful, but the narration to say the opposite.

So who's ready for that?
    Sounds like Extraordinary and Storm doesn't it? Minus the victory at the end to vindicate her from her moments of doubt, of course.

Thought so.

Further, the creative teams didn't accidentally make Cyclops RIGHT in AvX. They wrote exactly what they meant to write. Lol smh

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Lawl. Compare the way Beast treated Cyclops and Storm in the wake of AvX and IvX, respectively. Cyke got the full fist, Storm barely got a slap on the wrist.

But sure, let's keep pretending this isn't about Cyclops around and looking hot.

BANNED

Storm didn't get anyone's mentor killed off.

She just failed to see the plot well in advance and ultimately solve mutantdom's crisis on her own because she's unfortunately a regular X-Men character and not Right. Lol

Sounds like Extraordinary and Storm doesn't it? Minus the victory at the end to vindicate her from her moments of doubt, of course.

Thought so.
    Whoever said being written like Scott is easy.

By the way, so you changed your mind that Scott is self-insert, right?
    Further, the creative teams didn't accidentally make Cyclops RIGHT in AvX. They wrote exactly what they meant to write. Lol smh
    Are you kidding me right now? The current editor still says that Scott was wrong in both Schism and AvX.

BANNED

Thought so.

Editorial meant for cyclops to be wrong and become a villain, but the writers left enough room for cyclops to bounce back for that, and the right narrative was pushed by us, tyvm

Oooo, self-inserts totally do that.

Also, "YOU KILLED THE ONLY MAN THAT MATTERED!"

She just failed to see the plot well in advance and ultimately solve mutantdom's crisis on her own because she's unfortunately a regular X-Men character and not Right. Lol
    You must really really hate Captain America then.

Not that Scott ever "saw the plot in advance"(it was just good writing. But it's Scott so of course something must be wrong).

BANNED

They wrote what they meant to write.

And...again...Storm didn't get her moment of redemption from her doubts per the "being like Scott" rules you outlined lol.

BANNED

Not everyone can be a winner, and not everyone can control clouds with their powera, oh wait storm can...
    And Xavier is an idiot, if he wanted to take down Scott he'd used cerebro from the mansion, not go face to face with him, don't he surprised if it turns out Xavier forced cyclops to kill him with his powers, since it's obvious Scott is pulling his punches before Xavier stepped in