Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Excellent. this thread has been turned into the Cykefratboy gym sock smelling wankfest his fans deserve. Mischief managed. Mods, lock this down, please.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Fitting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Fitting!!!

It's supposed to be a bigger and clearer version like wano's tho, I don't know why after uploading it's looking like this...
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

You directly uploaded from the computer, right?

You have to first upload on some image hosting site(imgur etc.), and then put the link in [img] [ /img].

Mighty Member

It's supposed to be a bigger and clearer version like wano's tho, I don't know why after uploading it's looking like this...
    It still looked dope.

I didn’t even notice the size.

Fantastic Member

The X-Men series are supposed to be team books, where every team memeber should have their moment and have their chance to shine. but, at least in the past decades, the whole series has become Cyclops’ solo. The purpose of every other character is just to glorify Cyclops. I don’t want that happen again. I don’t mind Cyclops return but let’s hope Marvel give him a real solo book and invent new girlfriend/father figure/friends characters to glorify him. It will be better for both Cyclops and other X-men characters

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You directly uploaded from the computer, right?

You have to first upload on some image hosting site(imgur etc.), and then put the link in [img] [ /img].
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    It still looked dope.

I didn’t even notice the size.
    Lol thanks! I'll try next time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    That sounds like a writing editorial problem than a problem with actual characters.
    Unfortunately this editorial problem makes Cyclops who he is today. Of course some fans will have problems with him being back and centered again.

Modern leadership approaches usually adjust as the environment changes. In a generally normal time, on the daily operations, there can be lots of leaders forming different groups and functioning independently with some certain defined limits(Xavier's dream, no killing, etc). However, the more urgent the situation become (M-day, less than 200 of a whole kind), the more coercive the leaders must be, the trend is shown to progress from democratic, ultimately towards autocratic (Utopia era was nearly there, but not there).

As long as the extreme emergency happens, there will always be someone to be the one. From M-day to post AvX, Cyclops was the one. After AvX (the extreme emergency passed), he dealt with the consequences. After completing that, he basically dropped everything (in UXM 600), not long before writers decided to kill him off. It actually fits the theoretical progression. And you can see, he was alive when he was necessary, the minute he was not anymore, he could be killed. Without the extreme emergency, the x-men as a whole can function perfectly without anyone (the last few years), and the democratic is generally back.

And theoretically, HE could be replaced by anyone. If writers decided to make A lead through M-day, A would be the one who got the most attention. If it was B, then it was B. Cyclops just happened to be one of the (if not the most) reasonable choices, and writers chose him.

So, no need to feel threatened by whoever the character himself/herself is, people should be threatened by the storyline itself. If the extinction is hanging above mutants' heads again and the situation can't be solved in a short term, prepare to embrace the next "supreme leader" who "gets all the spotlight", no matter it's Cyclops or A or B or C, which depends on writers. If there's no that kind of situation, then there won't be who-centric.

If Cyclops becomes centric again, it is because:

a) it comes to the crunch
    b) writers' decision
    c) two of above combined

So there's basically nothing fans can do about it.

Or d) you just hate the character so much every time he appears you get annoyed, which is natural, I'm not attacking anyone, just...just so you know.
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 12-01-2018 at 07:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Alas, I cannot take credit for this one. PrezValentine thought of it first.
    Being recognized for my stupid sense of humor is always appreaciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Being recognized for my stupid sense of humor is always appreaciated.
    Beard-Bros. The BBs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Sweet! Thanks, man! This is a lifesaver. It's good to know from other fans what's the best and worst. Thanks a lot to you and Hush, seriously
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You are welcome!, honestly that list save me too, it made reading Logan vast story way easier, now i'm officially Wolverine expert and wear my badge with pride
    You're damn right, you're a Wolverine expert now!

Regarding this preview, I'm not a big fan of Larocca's art but the preview looks intriguing and I wouldn't mind if they let Cyke keep his beard, he looks better with it in my opinion. I wasn't really impressed with most of Rosenberg's work recently but I still hope Scott's resurrection and his team up with Logan will be entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Excellent. this thread has been turned into the Cykefratboy gym sock smelling wankfest his fans deserve. Mischief managed. Mods, lock this down, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

All hail to the king!

I like this art.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Cyclops is back...let us have this.