Page 194 of 196 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196 LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 2937

My dream book will forever be Future Foundation, a book in which The F4 task Johnny with more responsibility by creating a philanthropic superhero group. It'd be a lighthearted, yet serious book kind of like the '90s X-Factor. My cast is:

Johnny Storm (founder)
    Janet van Dyne (PR, tech consult)
    Wyatt Wingfoot (mechanic/pilot)
    Jennifer Walters (legal/brawn)
    Jamie Madrox (experience)
    Cindy Moon (first rookie they recruit)

They all kind of know each other, so it's not completely random. As for Janet, she'd end up being the "mother" of the group. And I can also see her as Cindy's mentor. It's my favorite thing to talk about. Haha. I would work at Marvel as a writer just to pitch this book. Lol.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, so Whitley wants to write the two Wasps in SEPARATE solos?
    Yep, he's talked about it a few times. He says Marvel needs more convincing on Jan. He implied they want to see how TUW keeps doing

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    My dream book will forever be Future Foundation, a book in which The F4 task Johnny with more responsibility by creating a philanthropic superhero group. It'd be a lighthearted, yet serious book kind of like the '90s X-Factor. My cast is:

Johnny Storm (founder)
    Janet van Dyne (PR, tech consult)
    Wyatt Wingfoot (mechanic/pilot)
    Jennifer Walters (legal/brawn)
    Jamie Madrox (experience)
    Cindy Moon (first rookie they recruit)

They all kind of know each other, so it's not completely random. As for Janet, she'd end up being the "mother" of the group. And I can also see her as Cindy's mentor. It's my favorite thing to talk about. Haha. I would work at Marvel as a writer just to pitch this book. Lol.
    Cindy already has a mentor... and it happens to be Mockingbird. So if Janet became a mentor for her too she'd have the same mentors as Nadia. Interestingly, Bobbi had actually inducted Cindy into SHIELD, so Silk could serve as the team's secret agent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yep, he's talked about it a few times. He says Marvel needs more convincing on Jan. He implied they want to see how TUW keeps doing
    Wow, not sure why you’d need more convincing about Janet, or why you’d base it off Unstoppable. No idea why she couldn’t be in Avengers? Aside from No Surrender, Uncanny was more avengery than the main title. I will say I’d prefer her in the main title long term rather than a short solo miniseries. With PymTron surviving IW, still on the table, lot of grist for the mill here.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Wow, not sure why you’d need more convincing about Janet, or why you’d base it off Unstoppable. No idea why she couldn’t be in Avengers? Aside from No Surrender, Uncanny was more avengery than the main title. I will say I’d prefer her in the main title long term rather than a short solo miniseries. With PymTron surviving IW, still on the table, lot of grist for the mill here.
    Didn't mean convincing to be in a book but lead one.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Didn't mean convincing to be in a book but lead one.
    No, I understand, and I didn’t mean “you” but rather “them”. .

No, I understand, and I didn’t mean “you” but rather “them”. .
    Oh sorry I got confused when you mentioned Avengers.

Yeah I don't know what convinced them on Slapstick but doesn't on Jan.

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #48 Oct 1963
    "The Porcupine!"
    Streaking off on another adventure, Ant-Man points out to the Wasp the location of a local army ordnance plant.
    Inside the plant we meet Alex Gentry, a scientist who works for the ordinance plant.
    Having designed combat armor based on the quills of a porcupine, he has become frustrated with the lack of recognition
    and pay that he receives from the military for his inventions. Seeking fortune, he decides to use his porcupine armor
    to rob a new bank that has opened that has been boasting a burglar proof safe in the newspapers.

The next day, Ant-Man and Wasp in their civilian guises of Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne visit the bank to see a demonstration of the bank vault.
    Pym notices that Janet is coming down with a cold and tries to talk her into going home, which she refuses.
    Just then, Gentry in his combat armor and calling himself "The Porcupine" arrives
    and uses his liquid cement quills to disarm the guards and then fills the room with sleeping gas.
    As Pym tries to drag Janet out of the sleeping gas, the Porcupine uses a built in acetylene torch to burn through the vault.
    While our two heroes seek refuge and fresh air in one of the bank's offices, the Porcupine manages to steal the bank's money and uses his jet pack to escape.
    Donning their guises of Ant-Man and the Wasp, the two heroes find that they are too late.
    When the Wasp starts to get really dizzy, Ant-Man takes her home and confines her to a bed, telling her not to leave it until she gets better.

Meanwhile, the Porcupine robs another bank, which allows Ant-Man's spy-ants to track his movements.
    Learning that the Porcupine is hiding out at the military ordnance plant, Ant-Man travels there alone to confront his foe.
    Getting into Gentry's lab, Ant-Man is easily taken down by the traps that the Porcupine had set up for him.
    Removing Ant-Man's control helmet, the Porcupine leaves Ant-Man to drown in a filled bathtub while he commits another crime.

Worrying about Pym, Janet learns where Ant-Man had gone from the ants and resumes her guise of the Wasp to rescue him.

The two devise a trap using one of the Porcupine's own gimmicks: liquid cement.
    Taking a bunch of containers of the compound and putting them in bags, the two heroes wait for the villain to return.

When the Porcupine finally arrives, they have their ants squeeze the bags, shooting jets of liquid
    cement that coats the Porcupine's quills with the glue, rendering his offensive capabilities useless.
    Finding himself overwhelmed by Ant-Man's human-sized strength the Porcupine manages to escape via his jet pack which wasn't affected by the glue.
    Taking the visibly distraught Wasp home she was afraid that he would've drowned, Ant-Man promises to have something for her when they get there,
    but what Janet figures might be a monetary gift of jewelery or a ring, turns out to be plain old cough medicine.

Script by Stan Lee and Ernie Hart [as H. E. Huntley], art by Don Heck

Huh, I didn't know Roger Gocking (Jessica Drew's boyfriend, the current Porcupine) was a legacy character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

C8B89EB0-12A8-463C-89C7-C3F5B7A6FB7B.jpg
    Jan and Wanda in the splash page of the lady liberators
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tliscord; 10-23-2018 at 07:21 PM.

C8B89EB0-12A8-463C-89C7-C3F5B7A6FB7B.jpg
    Jan and Wanda in the splash page of the lady liberators
    I love that splash page and story!

In fact, all of the Marvelous ladies look terrific!

Not to be confused with the physical card game above, the new mobile card game Marvel Battle Lines is released and Janet is one of the cover characters.

She's going to be recurring in 3 Marvel books.

2018 is shaping out to be a good year for Janet. That huge Sideshow Janet statue came out this year too and the small Kotobukiya one. And there was that Marvel Legends figure.

Guys, one thing Janet is lacking compared to 100+ Marvel characters is having a Funko POP of her comic book look. If you have a couple minutes, please suggest it here:

https://www.funko.com/suggest-a-product

Kind of disappointing news, after just talking about how good Janet was doing..

Lorraine Cink's book Powers of a Girl gives 4 to 6 pages to tons of female heroes. Unfortunately Janet is not one of them. Nadia has her own part but looks like Janet will only be mentioned here and there. That is really disappointing but considering this is directly related to Disney, considering FF and X-Men related female characters aren't in it too, it's not surprising they only use Nadia on it.