Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

It's now officially Hope Van Dyne instead of Pym, if anyone was still confused.

I'm still confused! Is she going to suit up as the Wasp in the movie or not? Why is Marvel making Jan into a dead absent mom?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Love the art on this.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Very nice! Who is the artist?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

So Glad I Own This Cover:

Uncanny Avengers #8 Variant Cover by Maurilio Manara!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Lol I actually like the costume in AEMH. It's true though that she kicks butt in the show as well. I miss that show.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I know, I loved how that show incorporated a large variety of elements and stories from the comics. It's such a shame that it got cancelled.

On a side note, I wish she was in a different Avengers book. Also, the romance with Havok gets a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    On a side note, I wish she was in a different Avengers book. Also, the romance with Havok gets a no from me.
    Agreed. Whether it's the writer or just the nature of the book, Jan takes a backseat to just about everyone else in UA. She deserves a more prominent role within the Avengers.

Also: I love Jan, and I love Alex, but as a couple they make me decidedly uncomfortable.

BANNED

I'm not getting a connection from the romance. Remeder seems to think "oh well since their super heroes they have a low chance of living so they need to screw forget building their friendship lets get these two in the bed!" But than Remender's Uncanny has been a mess since the beginning, hopefully some better will replace him.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    I'm still confused! Is she going to suit up as the Wasp in the movie or not? Why is Marvel making Jan into a dead absent mom?
    She's being fridged.
    The only original Avenger to be absent from the MCU is the sole female one. I don't want to cry sexism, but this totally is sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    Agreed. Whether it's the writer or just the nature of the book, Jan takes a backseat to just about everyone else in UA. She deserves a more prominent role within the Avengers.

Also: I love Jan, and I love Alex, but as a couple they make me decidedly uncomfortable.
    One thing that bugs me as well (pardon the pun) is that she came across as completely insensitive to the X-Men. It felt very out of character for her.

I like both characters too, but I don't either one catching the others eye, you know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I'm not getting a connection from the romance. Remeder seems to think "oh well since their super heroes they have a low chance of living so they need to screw forget building their friendship lets get these two in the bed!" But than Remender's Uncanny has been a mess since the beginning, hopefully some better will replace him.
    Agreed on UA. It frustrates me that so many of my favorite characters are restricted to that title alone and all are suffering for it. While I know that, realistically, the new title Remender has coming out of Axis is probably just UA vol. 2, I'm holding out hope that it's not and the title will be available for someone else to pick up (and fix).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    One thing that bugs me as well (pardon the pun) is that she came across as completely insensitive to the X-Men. It felt very out of character for her.

I like both characters too, but I don't either one catching the others eye, you know.
    It was totally out of character for her. She's never been close to the X-Men in the way some other Avengers are (like Carol, for instance), but she was at least close to Beast, and I believe Dazzler. Plus, Wanda is acknowledged as one of her best friends, so for her to come across as insensitive not only to the X-Men but to mutantkind in general seemed incredibly off.

I agree, i don't see Jan and Alex really being each others "type". If I absolutely had to argue for it, I suppose Jan's dating history (Hank, Clint, Paladin) suggests that she has a thing for blonds (although given the sheer number of blond men in the Marvel Universe, you would have to be a nun to not have dated at least one). Even with that, though, I could only see Alex being similar to Clint: a fling with a hot guy, not some all-encompassing romance.