Page 134 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2937

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No he didn't. He had two one-shot stories (Marvel Premiere 47-48) before he joined Tony's supporting cast. And he actually debuted in Avengers a month before his origin issue.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Premiere_Vol_1_47
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Premiere_Vol_1_48
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_181
    Dude, he got his start as an iron man character. Stark hired him to install the security at Avengers mansion. Stark was the one who hired him in the marvel Premiere story. His next few appearances were in Iron Man's book. Don't be so literal. He was created by the writer of Iron Man's book; at the time. Might even be the same writer who created Ghost.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-24-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Zeta-Jones is better at playing villains in my opinion.

Ghost's real identity is unknown so the gender swapping him isn't really a big deal.

I thought using a Iron Man villain was a odd choice but when I thought about it I realized there could be some interesting storyline ideas in using Ghost.

Ghost is a anti-capitalist hacker/corporate saboteur type and could of hero worshipped Lang because he robin hooded his former corrupt corporate bosses.

Ghost could take it too far and try to destroy major corporate and finical institutions which brings her into conflict with Ant-Man and Wasp. I guess the FBI come into it as Ghost is on their radar.

Ant-Man has some ok villains that could of been retooled for the movies to improve them but it seems like no one at Marvel is that interested in using them in the movies.

Hijacker probably could of been retooled into the same roles as Ghost in the movie if they wanted to.

Goggins is playing Cross Technologies Chairman
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sonny_Burch_(Earth-616)

Stark created Ultron in the movies so Ant-Man using one of his villains in a movie seems reasonable.
    Way I see it, they did merge marvel villains. Darren Cross looked like Doc Nemesis but adopted Pym's villain identity and insanity. They also gave Mitch Carson's name to a character who had no real analogue in the comics. I kind of expect Walt Goggins character to really be Crossfire. The latter jumped from the CIA, to freelance subversive, to using his cousin's company as a base of operations. I could see Goggins being the proxy for William Cross. I am also expecting him to be merged with a wall; via the Ghost. So I guess that would also make him a Spymaster substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wasp (Janet) can be seen multiple times in the new Lego Marvel Superheroes trailer.

Rocket calls her "Wings" haha
    So glad she looks like she's going to actually play a role in the story, its about time she gets her time to shine in a game with a good story driven element. Also glad it looks like She-Hulk will feature alongside her. Great for both of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Dude, he got his start as an iron man character. Stark hired him to install the security at Avengers mansion. Stark was the one who hired him in the marvel Premiere story. His next few appearances were in Iron Man's book. Don't be so literal. He was created by the writer of Iron Man's book; at the time. Might even be the same writer who created Ghost.
    David Michelinie was writer of both Avengers and Iron Man at the time, and yes, was still on Iron Man eight years later when Ghost debuted in that book. Scott started in Avengers. Saying otherwise is like saying that Rick Jones started in Avengers, instead of in Incredible Hulk (of course, those books shared a writer too - Stan Lee).

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    So glad she looks like she's going to actually play a role in the story, its about time she gets her time to shine in a game with a good story driven element. Also glad it looks like She-Hulk will feature alongside her. Great for both of these characters.
    Totally agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    David Michelinie was writer of both Avengers and Iron Man at the time, and yes, was still on Iron Man eight years later when Ghost debuted in that book. Scott started in Avengers. Saying otherwise is like saying that Rick Jones started in Avengers, instead of in Incredible Hulk (of course, those books shared a writer too - Stan Lee).
    that's a horrible analogy. for it to be comparable, Rick would need to make his first appearance in an Avengers book; then go on to be a Hulk supporting character. in that scenario, I'd say that Rick first appeared in an issue of Avengers but got his start as a Hulk supporting character. it would quite inaccurate to label Scott an "Avengers character" up until he became an Avenger, imo. he made a cameo as an employee of Stark. almost every time he appeared, it was as an employee of Stark. he was only a part-time hero. and all of this is really besides the point. they can use whatever marvel villain they like; outside of an X-character or Fantatic Four character. I think Ghost will fit in just fine. can't believe that you are going after me, on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Way I see it, they did merge marvel villains. Darren Cross looked like Doc Nemesis but adopted Pym's villain identity and insanity. They also gave Mitch Carson's name to a character who had no real analogue in the comics. I kind of expect Walt Goggins character to really be Crossfire. The latter jumped from the CIA, to freelance subversive, to using his cousin's company as a base of operations. I could see Goggins being the proxy for William Cross. I am also expecting him to be merged with a wall; via the Ghost. So I guess that would also make him a Spymaster substitute.
    1. Yellowkacket wasn't Pym's villain identity. It was his antihero identity at worst.

2. Mitch Carson was a SHIELD security head at one carrier in the comics. He was promoted to security head of entire SHIELD in movies. Both versions are villainous and sought after the power of Pym Particles. That is some analogues right there.

3. Scott Lang was an Avengers character first and Iron Man character second.

4. I am glad that Jan is taking charge again like in Kang Dynasty.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    1. Yellowkacket wasn't Pym's villain identity. It was his antihero identity at worst.
    the first thing he did was claim to have killed Pym.

2. Mitch Carson was a SHIELD security head at one carrier in the comics. He was promoted to security head of entire SHIELD in movies. Both versions are villainous and sought after the power of Pym Particles. That is some analogues right there.
    they gave Mitch Carson's name to a character in the comics who had no analogue in the sense that he wasn't anything like the character who hunted Eric O'Grady throughout his book. he wasn't horribly disfigured. he wasn't even a security agent. Mitch, in the comics, wasn't trying to buy the suit. he had already tried out to be the new Ant-Man.

3. Scott Lang was an Avengers character first and Iron Man character second.
    he was both. they are not mutually exclusive.

1. Antihero also kills.

2. You can't just randomly pick details and say they don't match so they are not analogous. If you want them to be identicial, why did you even use the word "analogue"?

3. Nobody here said he wasn't in Iron Man support cast. We are saying he was an Avengers character first and foremost. You were the one insisted that he got his start as an Iron Man character, exclusively.

4. One thing I am worried about the Lego game is the fact that they exclusively advertise hit characters like Rocket and Spidey. I don't know if Wasp and Goliath really have that a big role they said on Marvel.com interview.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 07-24-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

1. Antihero also kills.

2. You can't just randomly pick details and say they don't match so they are not analogous. If you want them to be identicial, why did you even use the word "analogue"?

3. Nobody here said he wasn't in Iron Man support cast. We are saying he was an Avengers character first and foremost. You were the one insisted that he got his start as an Iron Man character, exclusively.

4. One thing I am worried about the Lego game is the fact that they exclusively advertise hit characters like Rocket and Spidey. I don't know if Wasp and Goliath really have that a big role they said on Marvel.com interview.
    4. They are both heavily featured on the trailer so it's safe to assume they do

Well, look who it is being tiny on the right.

omg that is amazing, where is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    omg that is amazing, where is it from?
    From a shirt contest involving Marvel

https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2018/us/...nQnocOoCBuVmdA

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Well, look who it is being tiny on the right.

She's so tiny, but at least she's on there .

Unless it's Hope. Kinda hard to tell these days...

It's Hope. All official posters like this will include Hope (unless it's strictly comic related) but I don't think Marvel themselves mind which Wasp it is. They only say Hope if they have to explain it in somewhere. (like the description for the characters on Marvel Universe Live!) It's just "Wasp" most of the time.