Page 152 of 196 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2937

Yeah... I think this incident will end up pushing her out of the Avengers and into the Champions (can't see Nadia staying on when a new creative team takes over the book). Though a lot can happen in the next 15 issues! As for Janet, let's hope she doesn't stay on ice for long.

Bringing over some Janet Van Dyne appreciation from a thread over in X-Books where a discussion of the cinematic origin of the team name "X-Men" led to some complaints about changes from the comic book history...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ya'llz acting like who came up with the name X-Men is a big deal when ya'll defend MCU benching Janet van Dyne for near 20 films and had another character take her superhero identity despite her being the one who came up with "Avengers" .

BOOM. Love ya Jan!

^^ Thanks for sharing!!!

Edit: Could you tell me what thread was that comment posted in?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    ^^ Thanks for sharing!!!

Edit: Could you tell me what thread was that comment posted in?
    The X-Men Dark Phoenix Movie Spoilers/Speculation thread:
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3383127

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Bringing over some Janet Van Dyne appreciation from a thread over in X-Books where a discussion of the cinematic origin of the team name "X-Men" led to some complaints about changes from the comic book history...

BOOM. Love ya Jan!
    technically, it's Hank making the decision for her. she might have had an even better name on the tip of her tongue. it's not like they were actually avenging anything in that story.

A note there about No Surrender - Voyager didn't pinch that line from Wasp in the flashback in issue 676. Janet still named the team in the retconned continuity, as Voyager saying the name in that panel was originally part of Thor's line.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sean Izaakse is actually campaigning for an Ant-Man and the Wasp book with Janet.

Just make it happen Marvel, come on.

BANNED

Sean Izaakse is actually campaigning for an Ant-Man and the Wasp book with Janet.

Nice but I question to how that would work given all the current Ant-men status. Have Janet & Scott ever really interacted in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Nice but I question to how that would work given all the current Ant-men status. Have Janet & Scott ever really interacted in the past?
    Of course they have. Avengers Undersiege and the Ant-Man Annual issue from a couple years back come to mind.

Of course they have. Avengers Undersiege and the Ant-Man Annual issue from a couple years back come to mind.
    Yeah, they'd just have to get Scott back on Earth again.

They were on the Avengers together before Disassembled too.

Partnering Scott and Nadia doesn't make any sense, as Nadia's youth prevents the romantic side and Scott wouldn't need to work with Nadia when his daughter Cassie, Stinger, has the same powerset and more experience. Janet is the right age if they want to synergy the romantic aspect, and her decade longer experience gives him a reason to work with her instead of the teenagers, plus with Hank gone, she's the one who supplies his tech now. A Scott and Janet teamup is the best way to do an Ant-Man and Wasp title in the comics right now.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-03-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A book with Janet would be great, I admit! But you know what I think about the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Yeah, they'd just have to get Scott back on Earth again.
    Actually, I read a few issues of GotG with Scott in it, and I thought he fitted quite well in. He was written as a funny guy but competent (which he should be written as, IMO), and he felt like a nice addition to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They were on the Avengers together before Disassembled too.

Partnering Scott and Nadia doesn't make any sense, as Nadia's youth prevents the romantic side and Scott wouldn't need to work with Nadia when his daughter Cassie, Stinger, has the same powerset and more experience. Janet is the right age if they want to synergy the romantic aspect, and her decade longer experience gives him a reason to work with her instead of the teenagers, plus with Hank gone, she's the one who supplies his tech now. A Scott and Janet teamup is the best way to do an Ant-Man and Wasp title in the comics right now.
    Why in the world would they play on any romantic aspect? As if a man and a woman can't have a partnership without romantic feelings... And since the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie will most likely end with Hank and Jan retiring together (some set photos suggest that), partnering Jan with Scott in the comics would go against movie synergy.

Now a comic book with Scott partnering up with his daughter, that could be very interesting! A comic book calling for all Pym Particles users (Scott, Jan, Nadia and Cassie) with some family added (Vision) going into a mission to rescue Pym from Ultron, to mirror Janet's rescue from the Quantum Realm in the movies, that would be a good example of movie synergy to me.

But of course I'm heavily biased. I'm guilty of it, and I know it. This is just my very personal opinion on the matter. I'm sorry in advance if it rubs some of you the wrong way
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I'd be all for a new Ant-Man and Wasp book with Janet as the co-lead but I don't really care for the idea of Scott and Janet partnering up.

Scott and Nadia would also just feel like a random team-up only there for synergy.

I think most of us here for sure would prefer Hank and Janet teaming up over Scott and Janet.

But if we can only get the latter, I'll have to make do.

I dunno, after Spencer's Ant-Man I don't think pairing Janet and Scott would be good for Janet .