Page 10 of 196 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Bluebird

For those that play Marvel Heroes, our favorite winged wonder is now available as a team-up character. Just wanted to pass this along.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

As long as they're hyping their female heroes, why can't Marvel at least give Janet a miniseries? IMO, they're missing out on a perfect opportunity. Janet could be a fun character to write.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    As long as they're hyping their female heroes, why can't Marvel at least give Janet a miniseries? IMO, they're missing out on a perfect opportunity. Janet could be a fun character to write.
    I would be more than happy to write this if given the chance.

Remender won't stop torturing Janet. Literally. :/

I've been told that Wasp has a high chance to be playable in Marvel Heroes 2015 next year.

Here is the team-up version of her:

Just got my Wasp.
    WASP.JPG
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Bluebird

I have that same figure too. It kicks ass.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I keep fantasizing about a Janet mini by someone like Katherine Immonen. I can dream, can't I?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I guess the writers @ Marvel wanted to play 'catch-up' with Ms. Van Dyne, since she was "killed" during SECRET INVASION.

But seriously, I can see not even the uninverted heroes aren't safe from the inverted ones during AXIS.

Bluebird

On a more happier note, I found this. It's a concise (and funny) review of Jan's first appearance. Don't worry, she gets her due here. -- http://atopthefourthwall.com/tales-to-astonish-44/

BANNED

Just wanted to say that I'm VERY disappointed with what they've done to Janet in the upcoming movie, and now in the comics as a result of it. It makes no sense to me, and is an absolute insult to both the character & her fans - SO disrespectful, IMO, and just a complete travesty! It certainly doesn't endear them to me in any way, shape, or form. In fact, combine this with their recent Magnus Family shenanigans, and my enthusiasm for all things Marvel has taken quite a hit lately & is fadin' pretty fast. Bad form DizMar, BAD FORM!! Well, I guess there's always DC, and gotta admit... BvS-DoJ is looking better & better. Word to the wise, don't bite the hands that feed ya... 'cause it can turn around & bite YOU in the ass! And honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with the Ant-Man teaser trailer anyway, it was a bit of a letdown... so at least there's that, I suppose. Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise for our Jan, AKA the real Wasp, and only true female founding member of the Avengers.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm VERY disappointed with what they've done to Janet in the upcoming movie, and now in the comics as a result of it. It makes no sense to me, and is an absolute insult to both the character & her fans - SO disrespectful, IMO, and just a complete travesty! It certainly doesn't endear them to me in any way, shape, or form. In fact, combine this with their recent Magnus Family shenanigans, and my enthusiasm for all things Marvel has taken quite a hit lately & is fadin' pretty fast. Bad form DizMar, BAD FORM!! Well, I guess there's always DC, and gotta admit... BvS-DoJ is looking better & better. Word to the wise, don't bite the hands that feed ya... 'cause it can turn around & bite YOU in the ass! And honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with the Ant-Man teaser trailer anyway, it was a bit of a letdown... so at least there's that, I suppose. Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise for our Jan, AKA the real Wasp, and only true female founding member of the Avengers.
    I haven't been reading Uncanny Avengers, are you saying that they killed off Jan again?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I haven't been reading Uncanny Avengers, are you saying that they killed off Jan again?
    She's gone through the ringer under Remender's pen (not that she's unique in the matter), but she's not dead. Marvel's probably waiting for the Ant-Man movie to come out before they kill her off. If "Hope van Dyne" proves to be a success, they'll probably introduce her in the main MU then take Jan out of the picture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    ... they'll probably introduce her in the main MU then take Jan out of the picture.
    But... WHY?! I just don't understand... Being a huge Lost fan, I was thrilled when Evangeline Lilly was announced as joinning the cast, and thought to myself: "Wow, her as Jan could easily become my favorite female character casting from Marvel yet!" Then of course, the other shoe dropped & we found out she would only be playing "Hope vD", and that Janet was her "mother"... who's friggin' DEAD - what F'n BS! In some ways, I think I'm more pissed about this than I am about the whole Magnus Family debacle. I just knew DizMar was going to fail me sooner or later... I just never realized by how much - NEVER saw this comin'!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-10-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    She's gone through the ringer under Remender's pen (not that she's unique in the matter), but she's not dead. Marvel's probably waiting for the Ant-Man movie to come out before they kill her off. If "Hope van Dyne" proves to be a success, they'll probably introduce her in the main MU then take Jan out of the picture.
    I hate to admit it, but I can totally see that happening.