Page 103 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2937
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's a possibility. Waid said in an interview that there was a chance that both series would cross paths in the future.
    And speaking of the "future"; hope the readers enjoyed Janet's current involvement within UNCANNY AVENGERS #16.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 11-09-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Corrected Issue #.

Janet trying to reach Bruce through Zombie!Hulk's ears was a really nice moment .

Big surprise here to make you smile:

https://blackmilkclothing.com/collec...ork-collection

so cool

Heh, the model looks like Riri. Good to see they're marketing stuff for girls - comics are not a boys only zone! And I like the 63 on that black t-shirt - a reference to when the Avengers were first formed.

Totally loved the dress with all the images of Wasp. It looks fabulous.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heh, the model looks like Riri. Good to see they're marketing stuff for girls - comics are not a boys only zone! And I like the 63 on that black t-shirt - a reference to when the Avengers were first formed.
    LOL I thought the exact same thing. If they ever have Riri in a film or a tv series they could do worse than get this girl to play her, at least in terms of looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

so cool
    It is

It's been some time anyone posted here , I'm just gonna mention some upcoming things about Janet

- She's been super fun in Uncanny Avengers and that book seems like it's not ending anytime soon , yaaay!
    - I haven't read Avengers 2.1 but she was pretty important in 1.1 so that's good!
    - She's gonna appear in the 3rd issue of Unstoppable Wasp!
    - Next banch of heroes coming to MH2016 will be announced in January or February and she is locked in for sure. She's the most wanted character in the forums!
    - Next event will be about Captain America and Uncanny Avengers will play a part. It will be good to see Janet be featured in Marvel's biggest thing again. AXIS didnt end well for her.
    - First half of 2017 will surely have some info about Ant-Man and the Wasp. HOPEFULLY a picture of the finished Wasp suit!

anything I'm missing?

It's been some time anyone posted here , I'm just gonna mention some upcoming things about Janet

- She's been super fun in Uncanny Avengers and that book seems like it's not ending anytime soon , yaaay!
    - I haven't read Avengers 2.1 but she was pretty important in 1.1 so that's good!
    - She's gonna appear in the 3rd issue of Unstoppable Wasp!
    - Next banch of heroes coming to MH2016 will be announced in January or February and she is locked in for sure. She's the most wanted character in the forums!
    - Next event will be about Captain America and Uncanny Avengers will play a part. It will be good to see Janet be featured in Marvel's biggest thing again. AXIS didnt end well for her.
    - First half of 2017 will surely have some info about Ant-Man and the Wasp. HOPEFULLY a picture of the finished Wasp suit!

anything I'm missing?
    The Wasp in the Ant-Man and Wasp animated short that's being produced right now could potentially be Janet.

It's been said to have a "retro" feel, which could be a hint that it's going to showcase a Cold War era Hank and Jan ala the movies.

She's no-show. Sorry. The only original Avenger to show up was Tony. The X-Men also showed up.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

The animated Ant-Man and Wasp SHOULD be Jan IMO. Hopefully she will be

BANNED

Happy 88th Birthday to the late GREAT Don Heck!!!

Tales to Astonish #44 (June 1963) 1st appearance of The Wonderful Wasp!

Tales to Astonish #44 features the debut of the Winsome Wasp (here called the Wonderful Wasp.)
    Though the Creature from Kosmos was a forgettable foe, the Wasp shone in her first appearance. Ernie Hart did the scripting for the next few issues.
    Hank Pym’s life is fleshed out in this issue, giving him more of a tragic backstory and introducing Vernon van Dyne and his daughter Janet.
    When her father is murdered, she turns to Hank for help.
    The events leading up to the Wasp are contrived and stretch believability, but after Hank takes Janet as an ally, things really heat up.

From Tales to Astonish #44, the first appearance of Janet van Dyne, the Wasp.
    Art by Don Heck.

Wasp in Tales to Astonish #45 (July 1963)
    Art by Don Heck

http://donheck.com/

Extraordinary Member

Old Janet was awesome.

Don Heck drew a great Wasp. In Avengers #45 he gave her a new costume. Before this her Wasp costumes were usually red and black. Here she breaks with tradition and shows up in a gorgeous yellow and red outfit. This particular look, with some modifications, would stick around for a while.

BANNED

The SECOND Marvel Lady will be awesome once more come 2018 for sure!