Page 11 of 196 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    As long as they're hyping their female heroes, why can't Marvel at least give Janet a miniseries? IMO, they're missing out on a perfect opportunity. Janet could be a fun character to write.
    I'd like to happen. Maybe one-day?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I keep fantasizing about a Janet mini by someone like Katherine Immonen. I can dream, can't I?
    Immonen is a decent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm VERY disappointed with what they've done to Janet in the upcoming movie, and now in the comics as a result of it. It makes no sense to me, and is an absolute insult to both the character & her fans - SO disrespectful, IMO, and just a complete travesty! It certainly doesn't endear them to me in any way, shape, or form. In fact, combine this with their recent Magnus Family shenanigans, and my enthusiasm for all things Marvel has taken quite a hit lately & is fadin' pretty fast. Bad form DizMar, BAD FORM!! Well, I guess there's always DC, and gotta admit... BvS-DoJ is looking better & better. Word to the wise, don't bite the hands that feed ya... 'cause it can turn around & bite YOU in the ass! And honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with the Ant-Man teaser trailer anyway, it was a bit of a letdown... so at least there's that, I suppose. Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise for our Jan, AKA the real Wasp, and only true female founding member of the Avengers.
    Yeah, not happy with the decision either. Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised since they decided to make Michael Douglas Hank Pym. I really hope they don't end up killing her off if Hope ends up being popular (though I have a feeling they might do).

Question fellow wasp fans

Does jan have any feats for flight or her stings?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Question fellow wasp fans

Does jan have any feats for flight or her stings?
    The first thing I thought of was an issue from the 80's that I no longer have, but I'm pretty sure it was Avengers #212. Wasp and Hank have an argument during a meeting so she stays behind on the mission. In the climatic scene, Jan has flown all the way from NY to Washington DC under her on power just in time to destroy a car that has flying at Hank with her Wasp's sting.

The problem is that how powerful she is fluctuated during the years depending on the writer, so people aren't really sure how strong she's supposed to be.

I think Avengers: EMH was consistent with the fact that, more often than not, her stings were more just annoyances to villains rather than actually being that effective on them, but I recall it might've been variable with her size at the time and who she was fighting. A well-placed sting always seemed to work out well for her though .

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm going to miss Janet once Marvel decides to murder her amidst their reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I'm going to miss Janet once Marvel decides to murder her amidst their reboot.
    :'( :'( :'(

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

We need to preemptively plan to bug Marvel (pun intended) about Jan's return once they show off all of their post-reboot books and exclude her. It worked for fans of some DC characters, so we'll need to be ahead of the game. We should also be specific so that we don't end up with a Wally West situation where they just give us Jan in name only.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    We need to preemptively plan to bug Marvel (pun intended) about Jan's return once they show off all of their post-reboot books and exclude her. It worked for fans of some DC characters, so we'll need to be ahead of the game. We should also be specific so that we don't end up with a Wally West situation where they just give us Jan in name only.
    i don't think they'll actually kill her off seeing as they just brought her back a couple of years ago. They'll have her say, " I've got to go to blah blah..." and write her out that way.

I really hope (didn't mean to use that word) they don't mess up Jan post-reboot but it seems inevitable.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Favorite Wasp Costumes..

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

This page always brings tears to my eyes.

Ultimate Member

During the recent 'death' of the Wasp, I thought it might be neat if it turned out that a combination of Hank's 'impressing memory engram' procedure that he used to create Ultron, and that Ultron himself used on Janet to create Jocasta, combined with her little-used antennae that allow her to communicate with insect life might have triggered when she thought she was going to die, and downloaded her 'memory engrams' into insect life within range, so that, weeks or months later, a strange mixed swarm of insects that remembered itself as being Janet would show up, displaying much (bit not all, download incomplete!) of her memories and knowledge (such as access codes to Avengers equipment and headquarters), as well as Pym particle-derived capability to enlarge themselves into a swarm of *giant* insects.

Later still, Janet herself would be discovered to be alive, and the swarm of insects that thought of itself as the last remnants of Janet's consciousness and memories would find out that, like Jocasta before it, it was just a copy of a living woman's consciousness. Perhaps they could become friends. Perhaps, like Janet and Jocasta, who generally avoid each other, not so much...

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Avengers: EMH was consistent with the fact that, more often than not, her stings were more just annoyances to villains rather than actually being that effective on them, but I recall it might've been variable with her size at the time and who she was fighting. A well-placed sting always seemed to work out well for her though .
    At full size, her blasts were actually pretty strong.
    Cyclops was right

So guys, do you think she will be appearing anywhere at all any time soon?

I would like to see her appear in A-Force. And Uncanny X-Men before that.

Do we even know where she is atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So guys, do you think she will be appearing anywhere at all any time soon?

I would like to see her appear in A-Force. And Uncanny X-Men before that.

Do we even know where she is atm?
    Well, she appears in the first cover of A-Force. So I have my hopes that she will appear in that book, and it looks like Willow Wilson doesn't kill characters off, so I think that Janet will be ok for the moment