Page 142 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2937

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Like mixing the old with the new! I think too I'd love to see Hank/Ultron story where Jan attempts to rescue him. Could be a long term arc. Seems to me Jan could also see Kang/Immortus as a primary antagonist, as well as a Suprema/Susan Scarbo.
    Are you talking about Mother Night or Superia? I'm good with either.

Right, I meant Superia. Absolutely have never been able to keep them all straight. But you're right I'd be fine with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Her family was wealthy. But we didn't see enough of her before the murder of her father to label her spoiled, imo. And the dismissive depiction continued into her tenure as an Avenger. I read the origin of the living laser, yesterday. They have Janet wish that she could understand machinery like a man before being overwhelmed by a vacuum. Stuff like this prompted Gail Simone's criticism of the character. We're talking about what should be an A-list hero.
    I'd be very interested in what Simone said.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I'd be very interested in what Simone said.
    I don’t care WHY you killed The Wasp, I’m just glad you DID @BRIANMBENDIS. #womenwhodeserverefrigerators

Well that's ridiculous. She'd long since lost the sidekick tag and airheaded tendencies by then (notice how she switches costumes less often nowadays, when in the early days she used to change on a whim very often). Janet had been leader of the Avengers more than once. And isn't she now one of the experts in Pym particle tech? Learned from years of experience using it? With Hank gone, the only ones who can match her knowledge of it would be Scott Lang (who learned it the same way), and Nadia (who was able to replicate it).

Just saw this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._and_giantman/

Nice compilation there, Captain.

Though the top left one looks like she has Black Widow's hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so, if and when Jan gets a solo book, she's certainly going to need some help with her non-existent rogues gallery. Nick Spencer did a bang-up job of giving Ant-Man some regular sparring partners. but Jan is still sharing Whirlwind with Hank. and that about it. my two offers would be Sterling Stuyvescent and Kashmir Vennema.
    Honestly, I see Whirlwind as Wasp's arch-nemesis in many ways.

I like Gypsy Moth as a sometimes Wasp villain, but like you said, Spider-Woman has dibs on her. I guess they could share her?

I also like the new Beetle as being a Wasp villain since she hasn't really found a place in any specific hero's rogues gallery, and Jan beat her in Nadia's solo.

I guess the Grapplers could also make for good Wasp villains since they're currently working for Nadia (which is incredibly out of character for them in my opinion).

I would love to see the obscure Tales to Astonish villain Madame Macabre return in a big way as a Wasp enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don’t care WHY you killed The Wasp, I’m just glad you DID @BRIANMBENDIS. #womenwhodeserverefrigerators
    I feel like if she'd read a lot more of Jan, Simone would not be saying this.

Heck, Jan feels like the type of character she loves writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    This a real tweet? My opinion of Gail Simone lowers significantly
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    This a real tweet? My opinion of Gail Simone lowers significantly
    I asked some friends, and apparently she wasn't serious when she said this? Still not cool

BANNED

Who cares. We know Jan is great and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well that's ridiculous. She'd long since lost the sidekick tag and airheaded tendencies by then (notice how she switches costumes less often nowadays, when in the early days she used to change on a whim very often). Janet had been leader of the Avengers more than once. And isn't she now one of the experts in Pym particle tech? Learned from years of experience using it? With Hank gone, the only ones who can match her knowledge of it would be Scott Lang (who learned it the same way), and Nadia (who was able to replicate it).
    Tom Foster is still alive; as is Raz Malhotra.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Honestly, I see Whirlwind as Wasp's arch-nemesis in many ways.
    right. I just don't like calling him that because his whole thing is seeing Jan as a potential trophy in his fight with Pym. that's how it's been treated most of the time. and he's not the only supervillain to develop a crush on her; to the point of becoming a stalker. I just want to expand it to people who see her as a rival (instead of a potential hook-up).

I like Gypsy Moth as a sometimes Wasp villain, but like you said, Spider-Woman has dibs on her. I guess they could share her?

I also like the new Beetle as being a Wasp villain since she hasn't really found a place in any specific hero's rogues gallery, and Jan beat her in Nadia's solo.
    I like her for it because one of her subplots was wanting to gain size-changing powers. she's kind of the new Rita Demara; in that way.

I guess the Grapplers could also make for good Wasp villains since they're currently working for Nadia (which is incredibly out of character for them in my opinion).
    I didn't include them because of the "reformation."

I would love to see the obscure Tales to Astonish villain Madame Macabre return in a big way as a Wasp enemy.
    I half expected Ling to be her daughter or a relative of some sort; when she first showed up. Madame Macabre was certainly resourceful enough to be an recurring villain. I also kind of want to see the other Madame; Madame X (Marvel's first potentially transgender villain).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    that theory of Voyager being Jan's daughter is closer and closer to becoming a reality. mostly kidding. this reminds me of Avenger X.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-25-2017 at 03:44 PM.