Page 161 of 196 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2937

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You forget. When Kate debuted Clint was dead (he'd recently been killed during Avengers Disassembled, thanks Bendis), and when he returned in House of M, afterwards he took on the Ronin identity. It was six years before they ended up sharing the name.
    that doesn't change my opinion of her stealing his codename. this wasn't a family member picking up the torch. she didn't even win their archery contest. she has the name because of laziness on the part of the writer. they didn't want to come up with a new one. and I'd really rather forget about Clint being Ronin. dumbest thing to happen to the character since he wore the skirt costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that doesn't change my opinion of her stealing his codename. this wasn't a family member picking up the torch. she didn't even win their archery contest. she has the name because of laziness on the part of the writer. they didn't want to come up with a new one. and I'd really rather forget about Clint being Ronin. dumbest thing to happen to the character since he wore the skirt costume.
    Did you even read the comics? They came up a new code name for Clint after he was alive, it's "Hawkguy".
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Did you even read the comics?
    yesor was it rhetorical?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    More popular than the serpent society.

Rude.

Did you even read the comics? They came up a new code name for Clint after he was alive, it's "Hawkguy".
    I'm with Michael on this. Clint should never have needed "a new codename" after he came back, he should have got his OWN name back. I'm not fond of people taking up other people's mantle when they have nothing to do with the original one (either by being a family member, like Michael said, or having had the original one's blessing to continue on with the name). Ms. Marvel comes to mind. I have nothing against her as a character, but that name wasn't hers to take on her own IMO. Same with Kate.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

The Ms Marvel name was abandoned when Kamala took it. Carol had become Captain Marvel two years previous.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I'm with Michael on this. Clint should never have needed "a new codename" after he came back, he should have got his OWN name back. I'm not fond of people taking up other people's mantle when they have nothing to do with the original one (either by being a family member, like Michael said, or having had the original one's blessing to continue on with the name). Ms. Marvel comes to mind. I have nothing against her as a character, but that name wasn't hers to take on her own IMO. Same with Kate.
    Look, Hawkguy is a perfect name for Clint. Kate is the perfect Hawkeye legacy character because she started the same way as Clint - by being a criminal and breaking into Avengers mansion and stole Hawkeye's bow, Swordman's sword, Mockingbird's baton and Black Widow's utility belt. She also received blessing from Clint shortly after he came back as Hawkguy.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Look, Hawkguy is a perfect name for Clint. Kate is the perfect Hawkeye legacy character because she started the same way as Clint - by being a criminal and breaking into Avengers mansion and stole Hawkeye's bow, Swordman's sword, Mockingbird's baton and Black Widow's utility belt. She also received blessing from Clint shortly after he came back as Hawkguy.
    That's not how Clint started. Are you thinking of Scott Lang? Kate Bishop is a child of privilege who somehow became adept at weaponry after being sexually assaulted. She has almost zero in common with Clint. Not even sure why she took the sword or why it was still in the mansion. Clint Barton is not half bird. The name Hawkguy is not a good code name for anyone.

This is what happens when we don't have big Janet news

Astonishing Member

No, it is not. His name is Hawkeye. He and Kate are both Hawkeye. Clint has never actually used "Hawkguy" as a codename--it is a nickname that got started by one of his neighbours who couldn't pronounce "Hawkeye" properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay
    To be fair, Clint wasn't alive at the time to give his blessing. Instead Kate got the blessing of one of Clint's best friends, Captain America. AND when Clint did return to life and met Kate, he also gave his blessing.

And now both of them share the same code name without either one of them having any issue about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No, it is not. His name is Hawkeye. He and Kate are both Hawkeye. Clint has never actually used "Hawkguy" as a codename--it is a nickname that got started by one of his neighbours who couldn't pronounce "Hawkeye" properly.

To be fair, Clint wasn't alive at the time to give his blessing. Instead Kate got the blessing of one of Clint's best friends, Captain America. AND when Clint did return to life and met Kate, he also gave his blessing.

And now both of them share the same code name without either one of them having any issue about it.
    He can't have an issue with it. The writers won't allow it. Kate should have found another name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

I think it's even worse that she took his codename while he was dead... and of course he gave his blessing. He would have sounded petty if he hadn't, now that she introduced her as such. But hey, to each their opinion, and this thread is hardly the place to debate this

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    This is what happens when we don't have big Janet news
    You're right! Sorry, Cap... Here is a picture of Jan on vacation as an apology.

Jan on vacation.jpg
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

New BTS from Ant-Man/Wasp

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    New BTS from Ant-Man/Wasp

That reminds me a lot of Nadia's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That reminds me a lot of Nadia's costume.
    It's so awkward that Nadia has a red costume like MCU Janet while MCU Hope has a yellow one like comics Janet lol.