Page 162 of 196 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2937

This one is obviously also Janet (has the same wing base on her back)

“If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's so awkward that Nadia has a red costume like MCU Janet while MCU Hope has a yellow one like comics Janet lol.
    It's more awkward that Nadia is way younger than Scott Lang in the comics, making a coupling like in the movies squicky.

They had to do that, because Hank is much younger in the comics too. Nadia's so young in fact, she's the same age as Cassie in the comics (though of course movie Cassie is a bit younger).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That reminds me a lot of Nadia's costume.
    Agreed! Though that skirt is definitely in character for Janet.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-07-2018 at 03:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They had to do that, because Hank is much younger in the comics too. Nadia's so young in fact, she's the same age as Cassie in the comics (though of course movie Cassie is a bit younger).

Agreed! Though that skirt is definitely in character for Janet.
    Yeah , just like her current costume

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They could have just made her a time-traveler like Rachel and Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's more awkward that Nadia is way younger than Scott Lang in the comics, making a coupling like in the movies squicky.
    Yeah, I've pointed that out too when their mini was announced lol. Tbh, everything about Nadia irks me. If they didn't want some actual sinergy between the characters, there was no need to create another Wasp at all instead of just promoting Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They could have just made her a time-traveler like Rachel and Cable.

Yeah, I've pointed that out too when their mini was announced lol. Tbh, everything about Nadia irks me. If they didn't want some actual sinergy between the characters, there was no need to create another Wasp at all instead of just promoting Janet.
    Yeah Nadia is the biggest failure in the history of synergy characters.

Even though she is cool, fun and likable, her existence will always be an insult to Janet, her fans, her creators, her writers over the years and the people they are trying to sell the characters to whether those people realize it or not.

Honestly it's an insult to Nadia herself too. To only exist because of synergy, to be guaranteed to be disposed of once the MCU hype is over in the next decade or Hope is no longer in the movies.

Did they ever give a reason why they created Nadia instead of bringing Hope to the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Did they ever give a reason why they created Nadia instead of bringing Hope to the comics?
    I'm sure someone thought it was a good idea

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Yeah I don’t see Nadia existing anymore once they decide to reset the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm sure someone thought it was a good idea
    Oye.

Although the biggest slap in the face to the character of Wasp (and her fans) was giving a brand new character with the codename her own solo title before Janet even got to headline a mini-series.

I'm really interested in the future for the Wasp, though. I can see Hope being the new breakout hero of the MCU as judging from the trailers, they gave her some excellent action scenes. Will that elevate Janet in the comics, or will they try to push Nadia, or will they introduce a brand new character more similar to Hope?

Nadia means "Hope" in Russian so (Mark Waid's) logic was since she was raised in the Red Room since birth, she was given a Russian name.

I think the biggest slap was Marvel Studios being like ok cool when Edgar Wright said he didn't want to use Hank as the protagonist and have Janet only be referenced posthumously in an Ant-Man film! It's just been a trickle down of smaller slaps since. So I guess the only way you can enjoy this sequence of events is if you are a Jan fan AND into S&M

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think the biggest slap was Marvel Studios being like ok cool when Edgar Wright said he didn't want to use Hank as the protagonist and have Janet only be referenced posthumously in an Ant-Man film! It's just been a trickle down of smaller slaps since. So I guess the only way you can enjoy this sequence of events is if you are a Jan fan AND into S&M
    That really upset me as well. My understanding was that Whedon wanted Wasp (obviously Jan since she’s the only one at the time) for the first Avengers film but she was cut out because of Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man plan to fridge her.

Oye.

Although the biggest slap in the face to the character of Wasp (and her fans) was giving a brand new character with the codename her own solo title before Janet even got to headline a mini-series.

I'm really interested in the future for the Wasp, though. I can see Hope being the new breakout hero of the MCU as judging from the trailers, they gave her some excellent action scenes. Will that elevate Janet in the comics, or will they try to push Nadia, or will they introduce a brand new character more similar to Hope?
    Hopefully both of the first two options. The two Wasps could easily function as a duo, they're adoptive mother and daughter and that hasn't come into play at all since Unstoppable Wasp ended. Give them a new book similar to the last Nova one!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Scott and Hope vs Ghost... I think you should've used Hope's thread, this is Janet's.

The timeline doesn't make sense for Hope to exist - Janet and Hank couldn't have a 16 year old daughter for two reasons - one, how would Hank not know if Janet got pregnant, and two, they hadn't even met 17 years ago in-universe - this is why Nadia is Russian with a different mother. Hope did already have a comic counterpart, but that Hope van Dyne was Stinger's arch-enemy in the MC2 continuity. Yeah, a villain.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-07-2018 at 09:59 AM.