Page 165 of 196 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2937

They traded youth for substance. It's a good trade, imo. Pfeiffer is gorgeous AND a first class actress. Throw in Michael Douglas and it's easy to believe that Hank and Jan were founding avenger material. It also makes a retro adventure more likely. They can show antman and the wasp fight commies without time traveling. It's as faithful as it gets. Heck, bring agent carter along for the ride or Dominic fortune.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-06-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    They traded youth for substance. It's a good trade, imo. Pfeiffer is gorgeous AND a first class actress. Throw in Michael Douglas and it's easy to believe that Hank and Jan were founding avenger material. It also makes a retro adventure more likely. They can show antman and the wasp fight commies without time traveling. It's as faithful as it gets. Heck, bring agent carter along for the ride or Dominic fortune.
    I think in this instance it works, but ideally I would've wanted a Jan in her prime and as the main Wasp, but we're pretty past that point now.

Don't forget to pick up Ant-Man and the Wasp: Living Legends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yoo hoo

I like how this reflects the Janet's look in Bendis' final arc of the Avengers when she was still trapped in the Microverse. I imagine she might have a similar story of surviving there while trying to find a way out. Really looking forward to her in the movie.

(Michelle Pfeiffer has now played two of my top 5 characters. Pretty cool)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

In fairness, the same people are expecting Foster to be the secret villain.
    I hope not. Recently in a politiks post on social media Hope’s actress Evangeline Lilly name dropped both Goliath and Thanos as adversaries. Even some comics sites are saying is Bill Foster or Goliath the secret villain?

I personally think Tony Stark is the secret villain of Ant-Man & Wasp who will bankrupt Scott Lang’s family and shoot Hank Pym in the face. It’s gonna be such a twist!
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

I still detest Wright for fridging Jan just to give Hank an arc and denying us of her for Avengers 1.

I hope Janet isn't a villain but Stan says otherwise so hopefully, Janet and Hope will get a cool team up scene.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    If all these internet bros were in front of me irl, I would have gone to jail already for hearing "janet will be a villain bla bla bla" all teh freaking time
    In fairness, the same people are expecting Foster to be the secret villain.
    People were saying Hank would be the real the villain in the first Ant-Man film.

I think people just say that stuff because Marvel has done secretly a villain twist a few times before and they seem to expect it to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    People were saying Hank would be the real the villain in the first Ant-Man film.

I think people just say that stuff because Marvel has done secretly a villain twist a few times before and they seem to expect it to happen again.
    That's the thing. I was almost going to post a rant on reddit because I don't think Marvel Studio itself has ever done an actual secretly-the-villain twist. (The TV Division is a different story.) All the supposed "twist" villains (people often mention Ego, Loki, even Vulture etc) were actually a villain in comics, and clearly a villain when they announce their casting in the movie. Even Aldrich Killian was not a good egg in the comics, and he is like, the biggest twist villain in the movies (that caught me and probably everyone else off guard).

Edit: also Hydra. The spoiled the SHIELD vs SHIELD in the Winter Soldier trailer, so I already knew they are going that route, because the thing happened in comics, like twice at least as I know of (I don't really read much comics).

I can see some other twist on villians like Ghost’s identiy and relationship with other characters, but turning Jan or Bill Foster into a villain would be a pretty bold (euphemism for bad) move.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 06-06-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Lots of awesome Janet action in AM&W Living Legends. She’s super smart in it and her bio blast is pretty poweful.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Lots of awesome Janet action in AM&W Living Legends. She’s super smart in it and her bio blast is pretty poweful.
    Yeah, it was the best Janet story in a while! Still ridiculous that she isn't in anything else coming up; even if Nadia is their synergy replacement for Hope, Janet is clearly still in the movie.

They need to announce a third Avengers book! Janet's just one of many. Of the No Surrender cast, at least ten Avengers still have no long term home, and that includes two of the team leaders.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They need to announce a third Avengers book! Janet's just one of many. Of the No Surrender cast, at least ten Avengers still have no long term home, and that includes two of the team leaders.
    ^^^^^^^ what are they waiting for

She would've been perfect leading the "classic" lineup of Avengers.

But I'd be more than happy for her to have a "New Avengers" sort of role with less powerful characters.

Ultimate Member

Yes, I'd love to see her with a team of both older (like Wanda or Pietro) and newer characters (like Living Lightning or Red Wolf) under her lead.

Or just a team of Pym legacies, like Scott Lang, Raz Malhotra, a retconned has-been-hiding-since-her-resurrection-in-Dead-Avengers Rita DeMara, Cassie Lang, Jocasta, etc.

Jocasta's already busy - she's appearing in Tony Stark: Iron Man.