Page 170 of 196 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2937

Jan has 2 regular appearances as a supporting character now. Nice.

Second issue of Unstoppable Waps will have lots of Jan apparently

Also...E3 people are getting this and SDCC are getting this too.

Well, damn. I’m just stunned. Marvel is doubling down on their new trash character with the same writer that sold 7,000 copies the last try around. And Janet is relegated to being Nadia’s stepmom. Seriously, Nadia is quite possibly the worse thing. To happen to Hank and Janet. Even the slap didn’t damage them this bad. And if he comes back, they’ll be forced to have her in everything. Only way to save face would be to retcon her as not Hank’s daughter. As long as Nadia’s around, Janet will always be second fiddle or worse.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 06-12-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Not a fan of Nadia and the agents of G.I.R.L (to be fair, they're aimed at younger readers than I) but I really loved Whitley's voice for Janet so I'll be picking this up for certain. Hopefully he'll be giving Janet a significant presence in this series. (Adding Bobbi into the mix helps as well.)

Do I want Janet as just the step-mother (although I'm getting a kick out of her in this role) or the love interest in a book? No, not specifically. I'd much rather have a solo Janet title. But, one of the characteristics of Janet is her interaction with others. She's much more personable and sociable than most super-characters so her usually co-starring in books isn't really a demotion. As long as she's significantly featured in a book and written properly, not relegated to one or two panels as was often the case in the last Uncanny Avengers, I'm pretty happy.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I can't believe they are going to give another solo serie to that annoying Nadia. Why they still trying to make this **** character happen instead of giving a solo serie to Janet or Hope from the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well, damn. I’m just stunned. Marvel is doubling down on their new trash character with the same writer that sold 7,000 copies the last try around. And Janet is relegated to being Nadia’s stepmom. Seriously, Nadia is quite possibly the worse thing. To happen to Hank and Janet. Even the slap didn’t damage them this bad. And if he comes back, they’ll be forced to have her in everything. Only way to save face would be to retcon her as not Hank’s daughter. As long as Nadia’s around, Janet will always be second fiddle or worse.
    if Nadia has a book, Jan will have another place to appear. how is that worse than her being known for getting beaten up by her ex-husband?

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I can't believe they are going to give another solo serie to that annoying Nadia. Why they still trying to make this **** character happen instead of giving a solo serie to Janet or Hope from the movies?
    Nadia is cancerous. If they wanted to do something with a character named Hope that was the daughter of Hank, should’ve done an AU comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Hank was a supergenius and excelled in the sciences from a very young age. No definite age is ever given, but you have to factor in that time just works differently in the Marvel universe. Hank was always much younger than his colleagues, it makes sense within the context of the Marvel-verse that he was a wunderkind and as such was most definitely below 30 when he met Janet. And going by that logic, it's MAYBE a 10-year difference when they met. But during the process of creative changes and progression, I think Janet and Hank were written to be nearer to each other's ages by the time they became an actual couple. I mean Hank never showed signs of aging even before he died, so the theory that he was like 50 years old makes zero sense to me.
    his first wife was a political refugee from communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if Nadia has a book, Jan will have another place to appear. how is that worse than her being known for getting beaten up by her ex-husband?
    Hank was mentally I’ll at the time and they reconciled fairly quickly. Nadia existing relegates Janet as the stepmother and less important Wasp and eliminating the classic Hank/Janet dynamic if he were to come back, because they’d be stuck with Nadia. It also ages the characters. I’m really not a big fan of giving kids to classic characters unless it’s something. That really works, like the Richards kids, and it’s planned by the creator.

Hank was mentally I’ll at the time
    he wasn't. the introduction of the bipolar illness was in an issue of Avengers A.I; over a decade later. and I don't care. Janet didn't either. that's why she divorced him.

Nadia existing relegates Janet as the stepmother
    legal guardian is one way to describe Jan. another is superheroine. Nadia is very independent. I don't see why her existence should have an effect on Janet. the latter was leading an Avengers team when Nadia first showed up, afterall.

and less important Wasp and eliminating the classic Hank/Janet dynamic if he were to come back, because they’d be stuck with Nadia. It also ages the characters. I’m really not a big fan of giving kids to classic characters unless it’s something. That really works, like the Richards kids, and it’s planned by the creator.
    him hitting her eliminated the classic Hank/Janet dynamic. Scott Lang has a kid who is older than Nadia. he's doing just fine. why does Nadia ruin things but William Nelson-Pym doesn't?

A) Cassie existed at Scott’s inception B) William isn’t Hank’s son

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he wasn't. the introduction of the bipolar illness was in an issue of Avengers A.I; over a decade later. and I don't care. Janet didn't either. that's why she divorced him.
    Janet LITERALLY says that Hank had a schizophrenic episode when she married him as Yellowjacket. He was acting uncharacteristically violent and aggressive the whole arc before the slap, and not too long before, he professed that he "killed" Hank Pym. It was absolutely mental illness.

Hate the character all you want, just don't spread your poison of misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Janet will also appear in UNSTOPPABLE WASP #1. New volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Good to hear .
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Also...E3 people are getting this and SDCC are getting this too.
    Are we sure that's not Hope?

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Janet LITERALLY says that Hank had a schizophrenic episode when she married him as Yellowjacket. He was acting uncharacteristically violent and aggressive the whole arc before the slap, and not too long before, he professed that he "killed" Hank Pym. It was absolutely mental illness.

Hate the character all you want, just don't spread your poison of misinformation.
    glad that you mentioned him being abusive to her throughout the arc. a lot of people try to make it seem like just one slap. and the mental illness wasn't established until much much later. he was just an insecure jerk who lost his temper because of his place on the team being threatened. he was completely aware of what he was doing. read his last exchange with Jan before leaving the team. did he mention schizophrenia or suffering from a mental illness? did he start taking medication?

A) Cassie existed at Scott’s inception B) William isn’t Hank’s son
    a paternity test would say otherwise.