Page 172 of 196 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2937

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wish that the Avengers Academy characters were part of the 616.
    I wish they would make a comic of the game, that would be soooo awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    They'll be cheating on each other within two months :P

I'm glad Jan has more appearances. But this... this... !

Still love you, Capt. M, but I can't get behind this.
    Tony has never cheated on anyone. Pym did and got skrullnapped. I have no idea why anyone would want the return of that unhealthy relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wish they would make a comic of the game, that would be soooo awesome!
    Agreed! It hasn't even had a one-shot promo comic, like Avengers Alliance 2 and Future Fight did. Contest of Champions actually had an ongoing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tony has never cheated on anyone. Pym did and got skrullnapped. I have no idea why anyone would want the return of that unhealthy relationship.
    Pym didn't cheat on Jan. She was already gone (taking all her things and sticking a "bye" post-it on the mirror) when Hank inexplicably got together with that SuperSkrull in disguise.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Agreed! It hasn't even had a one-shot promo comic, like Avengers Alliance 2 and Future Fight did. Contest of Champions actually had an ongoing.
    It's a shame because it feels like AvAc would be a super good fit for a comic book series. I wonder is the game not doing so well? I hope not!

Alliance had the comic bridging the original game with it's then about-to-launch sequel. Six months later, both games were sunsetted. So getting a promo comic doesn't equate to success.

Saying that, I think AvAc has been in some trouble, they retooled it a few months ago to add more combat and completely changed the hero recruitment mechanics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pym didn't cheat on Jan. She was already gone (taking all her things and sticking a "bye" post-it on the mirror) when Hank inexplicably got together with that SuperSkrull in disguise.
    that's not the full truth. Jan saw the "woman" that Hank was sleeping with. she answered the door wearing nothing but one of Hank's shirts. Jan insulted her taste in men. you didn't wonder how he got the student's phone number?

that's not the full truth. Jan saw the "woman" that Hank was sleeping with. she answered the door wearing nothing but one of Hank's shirts. Jan insulted her taste in men. you didn't wonder how he got the student's phone number?
    We seem to recall the issue very differently. The panels go like this:

1- Hank giving a seminar, with the Skrull/girl asking a question. No phone number involved in the story btw...
    2- Change to Hank and Jan's appartment in London, Jan coming home drunk and complaining to Hank, before slamming the bedroom door
    3- Hank wakes up from falling asleep at his desk to realize Jan and her things are gone, with a Bye note on the mirror.
    4- Change to a bed scene with Hank and the girl, and her asking him if he's married, to which he replies "we're separated".
    5- Change to different scenes of Hank and the girl doing all sorts of mundane things, and finally the scene where the Skrull reveals herself. Then Jan knocks on the door (of her former appartment, most probably) to tell Hank she's moving back to America.

Unless those scenes somehow don't happen chronologically and we're suppose to somehow guess that (cause there's no "a few days ago" or any other notice in the corner of the pages) he, in fact, didn't cheat on Jan.

I would argue though that Hank's whole behavior during this is very OOC in my opinion. Cheating on Jan would be VERY ooc. Hooking up with some random girl half his age is just slightly less ooc, at least to me. Then again, it was written by Bendis, so it sort of explains itself

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

We seem to recall the issue very differently. The panels go like this:

1- Hank giving a seminar, with the Skrull/girl asking a question. No phone number involved in the story btw...
    so he contacted her telepathically

2- Change to Hank and Jan's appartment in London, Jan coming home drunk and complaining to Hank, before slamming the bedroom door
    Hank, with a snarl on his face, told her that she was drunk and that she should go to bed. she said that she could have cheated if she had wanted to; leading into Hank being with the skrull girl.

3- Hank wakes up from falling asleep at his desk to realize Jan and her things are gone, with a Bye note on the mirror.
    4- Change to a bed scene with Hank and the girl, and her asking him if he's married, to which he replies "we're separated".
    5- Change to different scenes of Hank and the girl doing all sorts of mundane things, and finally the scene where the Skrull reveals herself. Then Jan knocks on the door (of her former appartment, most probably) to tell Hank she's moving back to America.
    everything that you mentioned could have occurred over the course of 2 days. Jan was still in England; probably giving him space. she might have returned to the apartment to talk. seeing that Hank was shacked up in their apartment with another woman, she made the decision to return to the United States.

Michael, your last two posts show panels out of order. The second one happens before the first one.

This panel goes in the middle:

Jan's exit.jpg

She's gone. If I had taken out my things and left with a "bye" note, it would mean it's over.

And she clearly said in the last panel (that you posted first) that she came to tell him she's moving back to America.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Michael, your last two posts show panels out of order. The second one happens before the first one.

This panel goes in the middle:

She's gone. If I had taken out my things and left with a "bye" note, it would mean it's over.

And she clearly said in the last panel (that you posted first) that she came to tell him she's moving back to America.
    the order doesn't matter. I also didn't post Hank's passive aggressiveness to her when she first reentered the apartment. read her words. my soon to be very ex-husband. she's telling the woman she caught him with that she's returning to the United States. we don't know what she would have said to Hank if he had been alone. she was reacting to him shacking up with a college aged woman in their apartment. she's only carrying a purse (not luggage).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-15-2018 at 04:34 PM.

the order doesn't matter. I also didn't post Hank's passive aggressiveness to her when she first reentered the apartment. read her words. my soon to be very ex-husband. she's telling the woman she caught him with that she's returning to the United States. we don't know what she would have said to Hank if he had been alone. she was reacting to him shacking up with a college aged woman in their apartment. she's only carrying a purse (not luggage).
    Why would she drag her luggage back up to their appartment? If she had come back with intentions of making up and changed her mind when she saw the girl, she would probably have her luggage with her, yes. But she was there only to tell him she was going back to the US, so no lugggage .

I really don't even know why we're arguing about this, my initial comment had nothing to do with Hank anyway. I stated the facts I have read from the issue (Mighty Avengers /15 for those who are wondering), I honestly don't know what more I could say about this.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Why would she drag her luggage back up to their appartment? If she had come back with intentions of making up and changed her mind when she saw the girl, she would probably have her luggage with her, yes. But she was there only to tell him she was going back to the US, so no lugggage .

I really don't even know why we're arguing about this, my initial comment had nothing to do with Hank anyway. I stated the facts I have read from the issue (Mighty Avengers /15 for those who are wondering), I honestly don't know what more I could say about this.
    you implied that Jan would cheat on Tony Stark (in a Wasp Appreciation Thread). were you referencing Chuck Austen's run? because Hank came off as a pretty lousy individual in that one, too.