Page 180 of 196 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2937

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's one in the comics too, isn't she, it's just not her original profession - she ran her boutique, while picking up scientific knowledge from the genius Avengers she was around, especially, of course, Hank. When Hank was merged with Ultron, Janet took over his business, Pym Labs, as well - how can she manage such a place if she doesn't understand the tech they develop?
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I was expecting everyone to be angry that Jan is a scientist
    Not really. Jan was a scientist with 2 PhDs in the Ultimates continuity, which the MCU takes inspiration from.
    Plus, I think her father was a scientist who studied aliens in 616 origin, so it's not that big of a jump for Jan to be a scientist in the MCU.

Personally, I'm in the mindset of 'why not both?' and headcanon that she's both a fashion designer AND scientist, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Very true!
    no, it's not very true. I find it hard to believe that I'm the most knowledgable Wasp fan in the thread. Jan's not a scientist outside of the Ultimate Universe. she has an avid dislike of the profession. I wouldn't be against her becoming one.

I was expecting everyone to be angry that Jan is a scientist
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but I was expecting Jan to be a scientist in the MCU since in the first movie, Hank said that Jan was working on the Wasp suit with him. So it was actually a semi-known fact already.

Besides, in the MCU Hank is a physicist, not a biochemist, which are two completely different fields. Granted he's still a scientist

She's one in the comics too, isn't she, it's just not her original profession - she ran her boutique, while picking up scientific knowledge from the genius Avengers she was around, especially, of course, Hank. When Hank was merged with Ultron, Janet took over his business, Pym Labs, as well - how can she manage such a place if she doesn't understand the tech they develop?
    Because she's good with running a business?

Jan is not a scientist in the 616. Never was, no matter the scientific knowledge she could have picked up along the way. It doesn't lessen her character in any shape or form. She's many things, great leader, fashion designer, business owner, but not a scientist.

And Pym Labs didn't exist in the 616 before the 2015 movie. The very thought of 616 Hank having some sort of business is really strange to me. He must have had VERY good counselors!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Tell that to the guys running the Marvel Wikia, as they have Pym Labs debut down as being in Tales to Astonish!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tell that to the guys running the Marvel Wikia, as they have Pym Labs debut down as being in Tales to Astonish!
    I've read all the TTA relating to Ant-Man/Giant-Man. There wasn't any sign of a company, of employees, or anything. Just a science guy doing experiments in his private lab in the suburbs, getting contracts for the government from time to time.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

he didn't even mention a business until that appearance in She-Hulk's book, irrc.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-06-2018 at 04:21 PM.

he didn't even mention a business until that appearance in She-Hulk's book, irrc.

That's the first time I remember reading about it. Then again, was it really said that he had a "company"? I remember him giving out a fat check, but can't remember the rest...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Line it drawn

The top one is Hope, not Janet.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Guess who shows up in the new Battle Lines game.

That must've been in the works for a while, it's the costume she wore in Marvel NOW! 2012. If I remember right, it was last used in All-New Wolverine #5, and then she got a new costume, her current one, when she rejoined the Uncanny Avengers.

Ayyyy that's awesomeeeeeeeeee!

In avengers Academy event Antman and Wasp Janet 616 hope

awesome gif