Page 186 of 196 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2937
    BANNED

Tales to Astonish #45 Jul 1963
    "The Terrible Traps of Egghead!"
    Recapping Egghead's first battle with Ant-Man In Tales to Astonish #38,
    we find that Egghead is still living in the Bowery flophouse where he ended up after his first defeat.
    There he is stirred out of his rantings when he overhears some crooks talking about Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    He approaches them asking them who the Wasp is, and after being informed on his old foe's activities,
    Egghead talks the two thugs into helping him devise a plot to defeat Ant-Man, using his partner the Wasp as bait.

Egghead builds a device that scrambles the messages that Ant-Man's ants transmit and then develops the disguise of Professor Carl Striker,
    a Zoologist that specializes in insects and begins giving lectures to rouse the interest of Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    Later, after hearing about a local diamond cutter being given the Middleton diamond to turn into a pendant for Princess Elisabeth,
    Egghead formulates his plan. Planning a wasp exhibit at the local zoo for the next day,
    Egghead has the thieves steal the pendant using his device to scramble the ant's impulses so that Ant-Man doesn't learn of the theft until later.

The next day, Egghead stashes the pendant in the wasp nest he has on display in the hopes that the Wasp
    -- intrigued by the exhibit -- will visit the zoo and hopefully discover the pendant and attempt to get it back.

Doing so by herself, the Wasp is easily trapped.

As per Egghead's plans she sends out a distress to Ant-Man who comes to her rescue.

Lured into Egghead's trap, Ant-Man battles a lizard, an anteater and Egghead's hired thugs, and manages to free the Wasp

and the two of them defeat the crooks. However, during the battle Egghead manages to escape to plot his revenge anew.

Script by Stan Lee and Ernie Hart [H. E. Huntley], art by Don Heck

Unstoppable Wasp #1 variant:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love that cover! Also the other one with both her and Nadia!

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The top one reminds me of her first Uncanny Avengers costume.

The last one feels very Jan-ish to me.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    They should have used the yellow in the first place

Then what would they have used for Hope's costume? Hope went with the yellow to highlight her individuality; her not just being Scott's partner. Jan went with the red because she and Hank were a duo; in and out of costume.

If Janet wore yellow, Hope would wear red. It would've matched the comics.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They tried so many costumes for Janet in concept designs, all kinds of colors. I'm talking about AMATW. I already saw like 40 Janet concept arts at least in the quantum realm, with all kinds of looks.

Kinda makes me thing she was meant to have a bigger role at first.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    They tried so many costumes for Janet in concept designs, all kinds of colors. I'm talking about AMATW. I already saw like 40 Janet concept arts at least in the quantum realm, with all kinds of looks.

I wish they had focused more on her, it would have been epic if they had shown scenes of her living in Quantum Realm fighting against the species that live there to survive.
    But they preferred to focus more on Luis's scenes than her.

Yeah, looks like Janet and Cassie (who suited up in some of that concept art) both got shafted.

Yeah, looks like Janet and Cassie (who suited up in some of that concept art) both got shafted.

I have to wonder if Cassie's scenes didn't make sense post Civil War because it was planned Scott and Hope were on Team Tony but the Spidey deal happened.

I did hear the Janet scenes will be added for the Blu Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Janet wore yellow, Hope would wear red. It would've matched the comics.
    I'm looking at the comics. classic Jan wears red and black.