Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196
Results 2,926 to 2,937 of 2937

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A twelve member team? But I bet you Wasp turns out to be Hope.
    yeah I'm hoping they don't specify who it is so I can headcanon her be janet :P

by the way apparently some TUW issues got delayed a little

A twelve member team? But I bet you Wasp turns out to be Hope.
    She's using the promotional art Wasp design which I think has been associated with both Janet and Hope, but if the Ant-Man is Scott (which it probably will be) then I imagine it will probably be Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's using the promotional art Wasp design which I think has been associated with both Janet and Hope, but if the Ant-Man is Scott (which it probably will be) then I imagine it will probably be Hope.
    Even Nadia wore it for a promotional comic, no one has a clue what that costume is for

Reminder that Janet will appear in 3 books next month.

We should be getting a proper introduction to the Secret Avengers which she is a big part of apparently, in Avengers 12.

She and Tony will be going on a new adventure in Tony Stark Iron Man 7. That book has been really fun.

I assume she won't have a huge role in Unstoppable Wasp 4 since she was very prominent in 2 and 3 but I suspect she'll have a couple great moments. Whitley has been killing it.

Check out this cosplay that was posted on Reddit r/marvel:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's awesome!

Check out this cosplay that was posted on Reddit r/marvel:
    Definitely my favorite of Jan's costumes. This is great!

AVAC is shutting down ((((

Janet is in the center... The dev team loved her.

Blimey, that's two games in one day, Spider-Man Unlimited is history as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #50 Dec 1963
    "The Human Top!"
    The story begins with the origins of the Human Top: Growing up as a young man,
    David Cannon found that he had the uncanny ability to spin really fast, almost like a top.
    He would then use his powers to bully his peers and cheat in sporting events and cash in on betting money.
    Soon this wasn't enough and Cannon became a criminal that the papers would call the Human Top,
    and his crime sprees would continue over the sucseeding years.

In the present day, Henry Pym reads about the Top's most recent robbery and dismisses him as
    a simple hood that is beneath the notice of Giant-Man. He then calls the Wasp in for duty.

The two check their spy-ant monitoring device for any leads on crime in the city.
    They learn that the Human Top is plotting to rob Danly's Department store the next day at 10:00 am.
    They decide to intervene, and Giant-Man begins his plan to capture the Top.

Meanwhile, the Top in his civilian guise is practising for an ice show, and is sent home early.
    He scoffs at the pittance he gets working as an ice skater, and dons his newly design top-inspired,
    Human Top costume and begins plotting how he will rob the Danly's payroll the next morning.

The next day, Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne take up jobs at Danly's Department store in order to spring a trap on the Top.
    However, when the Top arrives and the two heroes take on their guises of Giant-Man
    and the Wasp, the Top proves to be too fast for them and gets out of the store.
    Even after attempting to throw the Top's balance off by having an army of ants chew through the pavement,

Giant-Man is incapable of capturing the villain due to his large size and his opponent's fast speed.
    The Human Top then manages to lose Giant-Man by escaping through the subway.

The next day, David Cannon gloats over his victory against Giant-Man. Meanwhile, Giant-Man puts himself
    through a barrage of physical and chemical tests to increase his speed so that he can better fight the Human Top.
    While he feels confident that he can defeat his foe, he is unaware that the Wasp had really put his device on at
    half-speed, making him not at all ready for the upcoming battle. Janet admits to not having the heart to tell him.

While Giant-Man continues to prepare for his next battle with the Human Top, the Top himself is stalking through the city with a bundle of dynamite.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and Don Heck

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Tales to Astonish #50 Dec 1963
    "The Human Top!"
    The story begins with the origins of the Human Top: Growing up as a young man,
    David Cannon found that he had the uncanny ability to spin really fast, almost like a top.
    He would then use his powers to bully his peers and cheat in sporting events and cash in on betting money.
    Soon this wasn't enough and Cannon became a criminal that the papers would call the Human Top,
    and his crime sprees would continue over the sucseeding years.

In the present day, Henry Pym reads about the Top's most recent robbery and dismisses him as
    a simple hood that is beneath the notice of Giant-Man. He then calls the Wasp in for duty.

The two check their spy-ant monitoring device for any leads on crime in the city.
    They learn that the Human Top is plotting to rob Danly's Department store the next day at 10:00 am.
    They decide to intervene, and Giant-Man begins his plan to capture the Top.

Meanwhile, the Top in his civilian guise is practising for an ice show, and is sent home early.
    He scoffs at the pittance he gets working as an ice skater, and dons his newly design top-inspired,
    Human Top costume and begins plotting how he will rob the Danly's payroll the next morning.

The next day, Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne take up jobs at Danly's Department store in order to spring a trap on the Top.
    However, when the Top arrives and the two heroes take on their guises of Giant-Man
    and the Wasp, the Top proves to be too fast for them and gets out of the store.
    Even after attempting to throw the Top's balance off by having an army of ants chew through the pavement,

Giant-Man is incapable of capturing the villain due to his large size and his opponent's fast speed.
    The Human Top then manages to lose Giant-Man by escaping through the subway.

The next day, David Cannon gloats over his victory against Giant-Man. Meanwhile, Giant-Man puts himself
    through a barrage of physical and chemical tests to increase his speed so that he can better fight the Human Top.
    While he feels confident that he can defeat his foe, he is unaware that the Wasp had really put his device on at
    half-speed, making him not at all ready for the upcoming battle. Janet admits to not having the heart to tell him.

While Giant-Man continues to prepare for his next battle with the Human Top, the Top himself is stalking through the city with a bundle of dynamite.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and Don Heck
    I always found Janet to be so brave, especially back then, chasing after and fighting super-powered criminals with virtually no powers! She is a true hero!