Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Lets just hope this isn't the fate of MCU Jan.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 07-27-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm guessing either Hank and Janet divorced in the movie or Janet went the way of Maria Pym in the comics and died.

I wonder if Hope has Janet's personality in the film?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I'm guessing either Hank and Janet divorced in the movie or Janet went the way of Maria Pym in the comics and died.

I wonder if Hope has Janet's personality in the film?
    Hopefully they'll just say that Hank and Jan got a divorce. However, I can easily see the movie people combining Jan/Maria into one character.

Love Wasp and wish she had more of an A list role I the MU.

Also a major MCU lover, but I have to say last nights announcements re: Ant Man are major missteps for me, probably their first in my eyes. Not thrilled with the Hope Van Dyne concept, all this says to me is well never see classic Wasp

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Love Wasp and wish she had more of an A list role I the MU.

Also a major MCU lover, but I have to say last nights announcements re: Ant Man are major missteps for me, probably their first in my eyes. Not thrilled with the Hope Van Dyne concept, all this says to me is well never see classic Wasp
    As a founding member, former chair and the first woman to act as chairperson, Jan deserves a much larger role within the Avengers than she currently has, let alone in the wider MU.

And I agree, everything about the Ant Man movie is sad to me. Even though we all knew Pym and Jan were not ever to going to be founders in the MCU, it's really disheartening to realize that they've both been written out of the team entirely. Sure there is an Ant Man, and presumably eventually a Wasp, who will most likely join the team, but it's not the same as having Hank and Jan.

Extraordinary Member

So no Janet? A slight bummer there, considering she is Wasp but, meh.

Which elderly actress should portray Janet? Dame Maggie Smith or Judi Dench? Meryl Streep?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Which elderly actress should portray Janet? Dame Maggie Smith or Judi Dench? Meryl Streep?
    Meryl Streep is too hammy for me.

Sigourney Weaver would be my number one pick
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Meryl Streep is too hammy for me.

Sigourney Weaver would be my number one pick
    Weaver would be great. If Janet has to be an older woman, at least cast her with a legend like her.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I WISH I made it, but sadly know, this is a famous collage on the net. I am not sure who made it but indeed I have always loved it since it goes with Janet's MASSIVE Wadrobe of Costumes over her career. Really, no other Hero, Male or Female has had such a Massive costume line-up then Janet Van Dyne IMO, Truly she is #1 in that!

Really Glad to to see much Janet Support and love on CBR here too as well Project Initiative Cascada!
    Janet does have an amazing costume gallery. Though my favorite is a tie between that Mighty Avengers or the EMH Cartoon costume. What's your favorite costume of Janet's?

BANNED

Never saw a better Jan cover than this, hate the way she's being written currently so I'm not buying the title. I miss her and Hank but I don't think anyone at marvel believes in love.

Peter_Parker_Spectactular_Spiderman_105_Cover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    As a founding member, former chair and the first woman to act as chairperson, Jan deserves a much larger role within the Avengers than she currently has, let alone in the wider MU.

And I agree, everything about the Ant Man movie is sad to me. Even though we all knew Pym and Jan were not ever to going to be founders in the MCU, it's really disheartening to realize that they've both been written out of the team entirely. Sure there is an Ant Man, and presumably eventually a Wasp, who will most likely join the team, but it's not the same as having Hank and Jan.
    OMG!! You've just put the perfect words on what I'm feeling right now! They may have an Ant-Man in the MCU now, and they might even have a Wasp down the line... but it won't be Jan and Hank, and that won't ever do it for me. I want the originals, or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Weaver would be great. If Janet has to be an older woman, at least cast her with a legend like her.
    After seeing An American President... I would say Annette Benning. Douglas and her worked really well together, it would be nice to see them together again. Weaver is like nine feet tall (okay, give or take a few feet ), Jan is petite. That's why she's so impressive as a superhero!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Thx man! Hey can you find that pic of Hank as Yellow Jacket in EMH holding Janet, I saw that as one of your old Avatars, so I thought you might know were to find it. Have a good one man! Message me so I can add it to the top post. I want to put it there and thx a million Phar!
    HankYJ and Jan.JPG

There you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    HankYJ and Jan.JPG

There you go!
    Thx! Man it was a real pain in the ass trying to fine that! I owe you one!