Page 4 of 196 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Thx! Man it was a real pain in the ass trying to fine that! I owe you one!
    No sweat! If you need anything else, just tell me. I have several pics, and I can find some too

Nice to see you here Mary Jay!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Nice to see you here Mary Jay!
    Nice to see you too! I needed a bit of comfort after this week-end news, and I guess I thought "what better way to boost my spirits up than with people who think Jan and Hank are awesome"

What does Marvel Studios have against Ant-Man and The Wasp? They should be treated with more respect than this. There were founding Avengers, and now it's like the movies will try to erase all of that.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Jan and Pym are two of my favorite Avengers. I hate how they're being shafted in the MCU. Hopefully, it won't spill over into books too bad (not that I like her current state of affairs, mind you).

BANNED

Well Marvel was bound to make different changes to the movie verse to their comics. Still as long as nothing changes with the characters in comics I'm set.
    Heres some Jan showing off her multi tasking skills.

Maybe that's why Wright left the project of the movie, maybe he planned to introduce Janet and he disagreed with the idea of the alternate universe daughter and ended leaving the project because of that.

I have to say that now I have my doubts that the film will be a success. No Janet, the movie will suck a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    What does Marvel Studios have against Ant-Man and The Wasp? They should be treated with more respect than this. There were founding Avengers, and now it's like the movies will try to erase all of that.
    It's because of that infamous slapping scene and Pym being a straight up abusive husband in the Ultimate verse.

I like Pym and I like Janet but ever since this movie was announced I've had people-close friends and acquaintances hating on it because 'Marvel is giving the wife beater his own movie' on FB and elsewhere I post. It's frustrating and induces hair ripping. It gets worse when even non comic book fans try to get in on the act.

If Pym really got his own movie, you can guarantee there will be some kind of social media PR nightmare for Marvel because major news sites won't be able to resist taking shots at Marvel for giving Pym his own movie.

Anyway, I am a sucker for legacy heroes so I am interested in how they depict Scott Lang and where they are going with Hope Pym and whether they are going to bring in more characters from the MC2 universe.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's because of that infamous slapping scene and Pym being a straight up abusive husband in the Ultimate verse.

I like Pym and I like Janet but ever since this movie was announced I've had people-close friends and acquaintances hating on it because 'Marvel is giving the wife beater his own movie' on FB and elsewhere I post. It's frustrating and induces hair ripping. It gets worse when even non comic book fans try to get in on the act.

If Pym really got his own movie, you can guarantee there will be some kind of social media PR nightmare for Marvel because major news sites won't be able to resist taking shots at Marvel for giving Pym his own movie.

Anyway, I am a sucker for legacy heroes so I am interested in how they depict Scott Lang and where they are going with Hope Pym and whether they are going to bring in more characters from the MC2 universe.

Peter Parker punching his pregnant wife, with full super strength, thru a door! And they call Hank Pym a wife beater. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Peter Parker punching his pregnant wife, with full super strength, thru a door! And they call Hank Pym a wife beater. smh
    I know right?

"B-b-but they eventually reconciled because Hank was manipulated and clinically insane at the time!"

"HOW DARE YOU SYMPATHIZE WITH A WIFE BEATER, YOU SCUM!"

I mean yeah, what Hank did was wrong. I am not denying that but the context surrounding him, Janet and how the characters dealt with it afterwards matters.

Oh and he is far from the only hero who did something horrible.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It's a shame wasp is dead in the movie universe

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Well Marvel was bound to make different changes to the movie verse to their comics. Still as long as nothing changes with the characters in comics I'm set.
    Heres some Jan showing off her multi tasking skills.
    Which comic is that from? I loved the artwork back in those Avengers days.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    It's a shame wasp is dead in the movie universe
    Where was it said she is deceased? While I don't think she will be in the film, I don't think we should discredit an older version possibly being announced to play in the film.

It may have been a rumor, but didn't Whedon intend for Ms. Van Dyne to be in the Avengers? I heard she was in early scripts.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Where was it said she is deceased? While I don't think she will be in the film, I don't think we should discredit an older version possibly being announced to play in the film.

It may have been a rumor, but didn't Whedon intend for Ms. Van Dyne to be in the Avengers? I heard she was in early scripts.
    This Entertainment Weekly interview with the crew and cast seems to suggest this: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/2...iew-comic-con/

Here's the exact quote:

My name is Dr. Henry Pym. I’m an entomologist. I’m also a physicist and I discovered in 1963, a way, a serum to reduce a human being to the size of ant maintaining the strength. Not only that, but I was able to find a way to communicate with the ants. But unfortunately during this process, a tragic personal accident happened with my wife, my daughter, Evangeline, Hope. So I’ve had to pass my powers and strengths onto a mentor. Because my partner, my partner, Corey over there, f–ked me good.
    Last edited by Stars & Stripes; 07-28-2014 at 08:27 AM.