Page 5 of 196 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Well......****!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=104648
    "My name is Dr. Henry Pym. I’m an entomologist. I’m also a physicist and I discovered in 1963, a way, a serum to reduce a human being to the size of ant maintaining the strength. Not only that, but I was able to find a way to communicate with the ants. But unfortunately during this process, a tragic personal accident happened with my wife, my daughter, Evangeline, Hope. So I’ve had to pass my powers and strengths onto a mentor."
    -Michael Douglas.

Wow, so Wasp is getting fridged in the movie? This is just getting depressing.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Oh come on!!!

I hope they were only hinting at Hank's ex-wife - the one he was married to before he met Jan.

He says that he hasn't even read the script yet and he sounds like he is in a hurry and trying to be very concise.

He says a tragic accident happens to his wife and Hope but we know Hope is alive in the movie and using her mother's name.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He says that he hasn't even read the script yet and he sounds like he is in a hurry and trying to be very concise.

He says a tragic accident happens to his wife and Hope but we know Hope is alive in the movie and using her mother's name.

I agree he seems to be very concise about the facts. After all, he can't possibly resume the entire movie. But if you listen to the interview itself, he says " But unfortunately during this process, a tragic personal accident happened with my wife, and my daughter, Evangeline, Hope, is alienated from me." So in essence, something will happen to his wife (Hope's mom, Janet) that will turn Hope against her father.

What bugs me is that he says that "in 1963" he invented a serum to shrink a human being, and a device to communicate with ants. And that "during this process" the tragic accident happens... so what, Hope is over 52 years old???? The movie takes place in the 80s? O_o

That's just to say that this is very small details that have been given, and they don't all add up right now, considering the little bits and pieces we do know. I wouldn't sell Jan short right now, even if it's only in flashbacks. Maybe she disappeared in the microverse, like in the comics, and everybody thinks she's dead, but she's not.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Oh come on!!!

I hope they were only hinting at Hank's ex-wife - the one he was married to before he met Jan.
    If this were the case, it wouldn't make sense for Hope to go by "Van Dyne".

Maybe if it bombs, they'll just say it wasn't in the MCU continuity and they'll bring Hank and Jan into Avengers 3 or 4 with no like Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    If this were the case, it wouldn't make sense for Hope to go by "Van Dyne".
    If Van Dyne does die or is just dead to start off with in the Ant-Man film than I'm not sure I want to see the film.

BleedingCool has an article about the growing #janetvancrime hashtag on Twitter: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/29/janetvancrime/

Extraordinary Member

Wow. I'm actually not pleased.

I was already iffy about the whole Ant-Man movie but if they kill Janet off then I'm not seeing it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    BleedingCool has an article about the growing #janetvancrime hashtag on Twitter: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/29/janetvancrime/
    I'm glad that there's a well deserved uproar for this unbearable Janet snub. The producers and screenwriters should be ashamed of themselves to axe one of Marvel's biggest heroines. I hope Whedon retcons this film for Avengers 3 and puts in Janet as he intended for the first one.

BANNED

This line by Wasp says it best as to why I'm a fan of The Avengers

Wasp[Janet Van Dyne]

Before Hawkeye was an Avenger, he was a criminal. Before I came here I was nothing but an heiress. The Avengers are about giving you a chance to start over. You just have to decide what you want that start to be. … You make your own choices. Create your own path. You come up with a vision of what you aspire to…and then you work to make it happen.
    http://snarkysensei.tumblr.com/post/...haracters-7-10

Illustrated design for upcoming Kotobukiya statue coming in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Illustrated design for upcoming Kotobukiya statue coming in 2015

So Awesome! Day one purchase for me!