Page 9 of 196 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    We will probably get one sometime after the Ant-Man movie. Seems like all the main super characters introduced in a film get some shot at a solo. From the sounds of the movie it seems like Wasp or at the very least her alter ego will play some role in the film.....even if she is the daughter of Pym going by a different name. ( or dead)
    What? She will be in limbo when the movie comes. She is not in the movie, remember.

I love Janet. She doesn't deserve this treatment.

#Janetvancrime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    What? She will be in limbo when the movie comes. She is not in the movie, remember.

I love Janet. She doesn't deserve this treatment.

#Janetvancrime
    From the rumors (which at this point could be a totally false) Pym will have a daughter who I may not be Janet but the daughter of Pym and presumably Janet. She will probably be the Wasp in a film and having all of Janet's personality with a different name. But whatever direction they take in the film for Janet and the Wasp mantle I think the comics we will just get a push for comic Janet. I can almost bet cash the comic isn't going to go out of its way to create a daughter or a new character just to take the Wasp name. I do see marvel pushing Janet instead. At the most movie aligning we will see with her is that she may possibly connect with Lang on some romantic level.

My 2cent prediction ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    From the rumors (which at this point could be a totally false) Pym will have a daughter who I may not be Janet but the daughter of Pym and presumably Janet. She will probably be the Wasp in a film and having all of Janet's personality with a different name. But whatever direction they take in the film for Janet and the Wasp mantle I think the comics we will just get a push for comic Janet. I can almost bet cash the comic isn't going to go out of its way to create a daughter or a new character just to take the Wasp name. I do see marvel pushing Janet instead. At the most movie aligning we will see with her is that she may possibly connect with Lang on some romantic level.
    It's not a rumor. It's Janet's daughter Hope Van Dyne. But there is no rumor of her suiting up to be the Wasp

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think Remenders Ultron OGN is supposed to have some sort of ramifications on Hank and Jan. I suspect that means we'll see Hank get rapidly aged and Jan get fridged like in the movie.

BANNED

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I do find it interesting that out of all the movies introduced by Marvel this one in particular has been more free with information about the film. Most of the others has been very tight lipped all the way until the trailers started coming out but Ant-Man ....? Seems like a lot of key details are out in the open that really shouldn't or wouldn't normally be relased. Who knows maybe Marvel changes a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I think Remenders Ultron OGN is supposed to have some sort of ramifications on Hank and Jan. I suspect that means we'll see Hank get rapidly aged and Jan get fridged like in the movie.
    I would nuke marvel.

BANNED

Lol

I honestly doubt marvel is going to take that route .

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

So, she's free of Remender's clutches it seems. I wonder where the character will go post-UA.

Oh, man... you're breaking my heart saying that...! I really hope that this doesn't happen, like, AT ALL, EVER. I'd be done with all things Marvel if that'd happen

So, she's free of Remender's clutches it seems. I wonder where the character will go post-UA.
    I really wish she'd be included in the roster of the main Avengers title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Oh, man... you're breaking my heart saying that...! I really hope that this doesn't happen, like, AT ALL, EVER. I'd be done with all things Marvel if that'd happen
    Please no. That would be horrible.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Oh, god, no. That can't happen. Wasp will stick around, I promise you that. I have a feeling Hickman is going to make use of her.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    Oh, god, no. That can't happen. Wasp will stick around, I promise you that. I have a feeling Hickman is going to make use of her.
    Well, with the character sorta-being involved in an MCU film next year (whether posthumously or otherwise), there's likely a chance she'll get some action.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I agree he seems to be very concise about the facts. After all, he can't possibly resume the entire movie. But if you listen to the interview itself, he says " But unfortunately during this process, a tragic personal accident happened with my wife, and my daughter, Evangeline, Hope, is alienated from me." So in essence, something will happen to his wife (Hope's mom, Janet) that will turn Hope against her father.

What bugs me is that he says that "in 1963" he invented a serum to shrink a human being, and a device to communicate with ants. And that "during this process" the tragic accident happens... so what, Hope is over 52 years old???? The movie takes place in the 80s? O_o

That's just to say that this is very small details that have been given, and they don't all add up right now, considering the little bits and pieces we do know. I wouldn't sell Jan short right now, even if it's only in flashbacks. Maybe she disappeared in the microverse, like in the comics, and everybody thinks she's dead, but she's not.
    I think the microverse idea would be a good way for Marvel to keep some of the comic fans happy and also give Hank a interesting subplot. Perhaps the Ant-Man tech or research at his old company that Stoll's Cross has can help him access the microverse and save his wife but no one but him believes it is possible. Pym recruiting Lang to break into Pym Industries would have a double motive.

I doubt Marvel will do this though as I don't think they care that much to put a subplot like this in the movie.

I think Pym becoming Ant-Man and Janet's accident are two different events unless Pym was married twice like in the comics and Maria is the one who had something happen to her and Hank later went onto Marry and later divorce Janet.

Janet would of had to been around to give birth to Hope and like you said Evangeline Lilly is too young to of been born in the early 1960's

I love her on Avenges Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    Attached Images Attached Images