Default Nova vs Beta Ray Bill

Standard arena match

For a second I thought this was a ColonelGM thread haha
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Being as nice as possible, I went and read up on the current status of Mr. Rider. And it seems he's still carrying all of the Nova Force around with him, as he's still the only Nova outside of Sam. As such, he's Nova Prime level, meaning he trivially demolishes Bill, thanks to FAR greater speed and the ability to at least hurt Bill with attacks.

If we assume that his power is "only" Sam's level, well, he's still rolling with Nova-standard hyersonic reflexes plus moon-busting energy blast power, and that's ALSO enough to drop Bill.

The lesson, as always children, is that speed kills.*

* Except when it doesn't. Duh.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Being as nice as possible, I went and read up on the current status of Mr. Rider. And it seems he's still carrying all of the Nova Force around with him, as he's still the only Nova outside of Sam. As such, he's Nova Prime level, meaning he trivially demolishes Bill, thanks to FAR greater speed and the ability to at least hurt Bill with attacks.

If we assume that his power is "only" Sam's level, well, he's still rolling with Nova-standard hyersonic reflexes plus moon-busting energy blast power, and that's ALSO enough to drop Bill.

The lesson, as always children, is that speed kills.*

* Except when it doesn't. Duh.
    Ah is Nova Prime an upgrade?

Nova Prime is the level Rich obtained when all of the Nova Force resided in him, thanks to the slaughter of the rest of the Corps in Annihilation.

The strange thing is, he maintained that level despite many more Novas being created when he and then Worldmind were re-establishing the Nova Corps.

Then all of those Novas were gone, Rich was still Nova Prime when he sacrificed himself to close the Fault with Thanos behind it.

Then Sam got him back, and he's still the only Nova mainlining the Nova Force, though I haven't read these stories, so I don't know what his powerlevel is there. Just that there's no reason at all for it not to be Nova Prime level.

But, again, even if his level is "just" the same as Sam's, he's powerful enough to waste Bill here, thanks to him getting to attack dozens or perhaps hundreds of times before the relatively glacial Bill can do a damn thing.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nova Prime is the level Rich obtained when all of the Nova Force resided in him, thanks to the slaughter of the rest of the Corps in Annihilation.

The strange thing is, he maintained that level despite many more Novas being created when he and then Worldmind were re-establishing the Nova Corps.

Then all of those Novas were gone, Rich was still Nova Prime when he sacrificed himself to close the Fault with Thanos behind it.

Then Sam got him back, and he's still the only Nova mainlining the Nova Force, though I haven't read these stories, so I don't know what his powerlevel is there. Just that there's no reason at all for it not to be Nova Prime level.

But, again, even if his level is "just" the same as Sam's, he's powerful enough to waste Bill here, thanks to him getting to attack dozens or perhaps hundreds of times before the relatively glacial Bill can do a damn thing.
    Damn that sounds pretty groovy. I think I have some reading to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Damn that sounds pretty groovy. I think I have some reading to do.
    It's actually a pretty sweet run, between Annihilation (Nova is pretty much the lead hero of the entire arc), Phalanx, other Nova stuff, etc. It upgraded the crap out of Rich as Nova and just generally what Novas are capable of, and gave us a ton of feats that are pretty precise. It also had him go through a fantastic amount of character growth.

My favorite moments of all of it are:

Blastarr and an entire annihilation wave showing up, then Rich whispering one phrase, and them all just chickening the hell out. Rich had reminded him just how he'd ended the last threat in Annihilation: by literally ripping a vastly amped, CCR AND quantum band wielding Annihilus inside out.

and of course...

Him showing up on Earth after a long time, maybe just before Dark Reign proper. Normie sends Moonstone and the ludicrously enormous-at-the-time Venom to deal with him. Richie trivially, like STUPIDLY trivially, drops them both while going all of "why are you bothering me again?"