Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bishop Question

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah no winder she let bishop in, her genocide bias is showing
    Cyclops is hitler according to editorial, can't see anything suprassing that
    A single character called him that and trust, if Cyclops did kill someone, they would blame it on possession and/or a woman. And we're not talking about Marty Stus. We're talking about murderers.

Power-trippers, wild ones, and get-it-done-at-all-costs crazies only in this thread. Lmao

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    A single character called him that and trust, if Cyclops did kill someone, they would blame it on possession and/or a woman. And we're not talking about Marty Stus. We're talking about murderers.

Power-trippers, wild ones, and get-it-done-at-all-costs crazies only in this thread. Lmao
    Jean qualifies as two of those

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Jean qualifies as two of those
    When she's in the hands of good creators, yes.

Simply pretend that this has never happened and move on will save you a lot of headaches.

More than half of the marvel heroes have gone too far at some point and then they all act as if nothing ever happened.

Those quote on quote billions he killed are irrelevant like the the billions Phoenix killed. The only people that matter are Cable and Hope and they said their peace and moved on after Bishop helped her in UXF when they crossed over with Cables team. Take what we got and forget about it, I have my own thoughts about his turn to the dark side but this is not the place for that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I have my own thoughts about his turn to the dark side but this is not the place for that...
    What's that? That they shouldn't have dared to do that story with basically the only black male X-Man?

That needs to said. Repeatedly.

And it was in the X-Men franchise of all places.

BANNED

Those quote on quote billions he killed are irrelevant like the the billions Phoenix killed. The only people that matter are Cable and Hope and they said their peace and moved on after Bishop helped her in UXF when they crossed over with Cables team. Take what we got and forget about it, I have my own thoughts about his turn to the dark side but this is not the place for that...
    Actually this is
    Feel free to speak your mind, it's an open forum and all opinions are welcome

And don't forget, the death of one person is a tragedy, the death of billions is statistics

Leaving that aside, Bishop was a total badass during the baby killing race, I mean, he took over a friggin alien to chase hope, he beat apocalypse, he beat stryfe, he went pucnh to punch with cable, he did what magneto didn't had the guts to do in all this years (wipe out humanity), he beat the crap out of emma nad cyclops at their own home and god know what else, if the current bishop had 10% of the guts that bishop had the age of X man would never happen. I have utmost respect for his determination to commit all those crimes to reach that one objetive
    Last edited by wano; 11-29-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasklein83 View Post
    Bishop’s continuity is a mess. Originally, he found a video of Jean warning him of the X-Traitor (Later revealed as Onslaught). Then, it was retconed without any explanation to say that he found a recording from Storm warning about Hope Summers. I suppose you could reconcile this by saying that after he stopped Onslaught from killing the X-Men, he rewrote his own personal timeline.
    Most of his continuity is fine. It was just the terrible writers from that Messiah period that screwed up, it was basically non-stop retcons and character assassination from them. That's also why Marvel don't want to bring it up - they're embarrassed about their mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Most of his continuity is fine. It was just the terrible writers from that Messiah period that screwed up, it was basically non-stop retcons and character assassination from them. That's also why Marvel don't want to bring it up - they're embarrassed about their mess.
    it's actually pretty badass

How would the X-men even know he allegedly killed billions in some distant future that none of them were a part? Was something actually said on panel or are we assuming the X-men know what the audience knows?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    How would the X-men even know he allegedly killed billions in some distant future that none of them were a part? Was something actually said on panel or are we assuming the X-men know what the audience knows?
    They interrogated him. He confessed all

Nevermind.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They interrogated him. He confessed all

Only person who should be seeking forgiveness is the person who okayed that artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    What's that? That they shouldn't have dared to do that story with basically the only black male X-Man?

That needs to said. Repeatedly.

And it was in the X-Men franchise of all places.
    Yes that, stereotypical prejudice that has plagued pop culture for years. Angry gun touting black man trying to kill a baby for no reason. A franchise who’s main protagonist and antagonist are analogies of black men but the most prominent black male member is written that way...

Yes that, stereotypical prejudice that has plagued pop culture for years. Angry gun touting black man trying to kill a baby for no reason. A franchise who’s main protagonist and antagonist are analogies of black men but the most prominent black male member is written that way...
    This.

They try to cover it up by making him seem like a badass but it's written in away that makes him seem more like a deranged psycho path. It be different if Bishop had several great stories of him front in center as a great hero. At least then the Hope story would have been more of story exploring another aspect of Bishops character. However, instead the story that is the most Bishop focused is him being a mass murder. Smh
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.