Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nicely done, Jean & Betsy. Good show, Armor.
    What about the other students?
    Nate is both Superman and the Judeo-Christian God.
    ...and Kitty is still important for some reason.
    On the surfboard, is that... could that be... SLIPSTREAM?!?!
    His hair is black. I don’t think that’s Slipstream.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I've realized what my problem with how Armor has been acting is. It's totally out of character for her to do this. She's been the singular x-kid that's been playing with the big guns almost exclusively since she was introduced, even up to recently, and she has been a leader and a good one at that, never the one to complain about an order, and that was to her benefit. But in Uncanny she's been written like an entirely different character - if it were a character that actually was kind of snappy and bratty and impetuous then it would be a different case entirely, but she isn't. She's not Quentin or Surge.

She's Armor. She wouldn't think that she was getting the scraps from the X-Men if she were sent to investigate the sewers, she'd think that something was seriously up.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

ALL of these young X-Men that pop up in this series have faced big X-Men stuff before. This subplot is just silly all the way around.

Heck, frickin Idie killed some baddies her first week at the mansion.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    This **** is terrible
    It’s like the writer isn’t even trying

A lot of comic fans have low standards
    Right? What makes it worse is that there are several writers and all they could come up with is this refurbished nostalgia casserole.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    But none of them have exactly come together in one storyline akin to how the other pantheons of the Marvel Universe interact with each other.
    Wasn’t that what the Twelve was about?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    ALL of these young X-Men that pop up in this series have faced big X-Men stuff before. This subplot is just silly all the way around.

Heck, frickin Idie killed some baddies her first week at the mansion.
    But here's the thing.
    Most of the "Big X-men stuff" these kids have been encountering throughout most of their history has been kinda forced onto them.
    Ever since decimation, most of the NXM have been getting attacked at such a regular basis that they're almost superheroes by circumstance.
    Isn't that a large part of why so many of them went with Logan during the split ?
    Because a lot of them have been getting tired of it ?

If they idea is that they are now actively trying to be X-men - not by circumstances but by choice - then having them complain about getting sidelined despite their experience kinda makes sense.
    Them BEING sidelined makes a little less sense, but since Jean's the one leading (and the one with the LEAST experience with any of these kids) it kinda makes sense.
    She wasn't there when most of the crap they went through actually happened.

Amazing Member

Man I haven't posted in a loooooooong time...

And it was probably even longer than that since I could get through an X-Men story without rolling my eyes.

Another Messiah story,Nate being Jesus, Apocalypse being locked up for the second time in just a few years.

I'm just sick of X-Men going around in circles. They need a complete makeover. X-men is what got me into comic books but this last several years just makes me sad.

And once again Apocalypse just seems to be there to do nothing. I don't know why they don't just kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    I don't know why they don't just kill him.
    They have. Multiple times. They just brought him back for this...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think this would seem less out of nowhere if "X" was occupying Nate's position in the story. But I'm also fine with Soule's creation remaining forgotten

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I think this would seem less out of nowhere if "X" was occupying Nate's position in the story. But I'm also fine with Soule's creation remaining forgotten
    'X' could be the creep behind Nate's madness.
    Which is why Legion is also involved

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wasn’t that what the Twelve was about?
    I think that people tend to forget the Nate is Cable. Perfect Cable IE Strife and we saw how powerful Strife was and he was the son of Scott and a Copy and was a copy himself. Nate is a pure child of Scott and Jean's genetics. The maximum potential their Genes could create.

BANNED

Nice preview.
    Xav.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This looks good. But this Christian stuff is all bullshit. You can't save the world by killing people.
    Well...Maybe Nate thinks he's the second coming of Charles Manson!
    Nate is worse than the Pheonix Five...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't get why people are so upset at Armor. I didn't get the vibe that they were trying to make her obnoxious. I see a lot of comments here about how the NXM don't get enough credit/respect/spotlight, so I thought it was just the writers being a little meta and finally acknowledging it.
    Yeah, I don't see Armor as being portrayed as obnoxious. She's frustrated with her feeling of being kept to the side but I don't think that makes her come off badly.

I get where she's coming from and clearly there is a story thread building out of that, where the younger X-Men are pushing to be considered on a more equal plane.

I'll be waiting until the actual issue comes out to read this but just on the art alone, this is looking really good.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Beautiful art.
    Well yeah. I think every book with Nate's abs has good art. Been like that since the 90s.