Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    No, I’ll keep shitting on this objectively terrible book and replying to anyone who disagrees with me. I want it known. This is a bad book.

And too many things happen equals bad pacing, because yes that is a thing.

You don’t see me in here replying to ppl who enjoy it(unless they reply to me first). Why are people so insecure that they can’t let other people not like something?
    No one's insecure. Plenty of people don't like this story or have a mixed reaction. No problem.

But you're not letting anyone know it's a bad book. You're just letting them know you don't like it.

It's simply been pointed out to you that if you hate it that much, why keep reading? Seems idiotic to force yourself to continue with something you don't like.

Especially as you're not going to dissuade anyone who's actually enjoying it from reading it. This shouldn't need explaining but you should read things because you like them, or at least hope to like them, not because you want to sh*t on them.

So far, no one has told me what about this book is good, they’ve just argued against the fact that art can be objectively bad. And I doubt anyone can, without using something relating to the feeling of nostalgia, or it features characters I like.
    And so far you haven't told us what about this book is bad, you've just insisted that it is. Listing things you don't like about it isn't the same as proving it's bad. You're just telling us what you, personally, don't like about it. If everyone who criticized a book or movie or TV show or comic was simply, indisputably, right in their criticisms, there wouldn't be differences of opinion to discuss.

There’s not a mathematic equation for taste.
    Yes, which is why we talk about subjective opinions as, you know, subjective and don't treat opinions like facts.

I’m a writer.
    This the most hilarious thing you've posted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No one's insecure. Plenty of people don't like this story or have a mixed reaction. No problem.

But you're not letting anyone know it's a bad book. You're just letting them know you don't like it.

It's simply been pointed out to you that if you hate it that much, why keep reading? Seems idiotic to force yourself to continue with something you don't like.

Especially as you're not going to dissuade anyone who's actually enjoying it from reading it. This shouldn't need explaining but you should read things because you like them, or at least hope to like them, not because you want to sh*t on them.

And so far you haven't told us what about this book is bad, you've just insisted that it is. Listing things you don't like about it isn't the same as proving it's bad. You're just telling us what you, personally, don't like about it. If everyone who criticized a book or movie or TV show or comic was simply, indisputably, right in their criticisms, there wouldn't be differences of opinion to discuss.

Yes, which is why we talk about subjective opinions as, you know, subjective and don't treat opinions like facts.

This the most hilarious thing you've posted.
    The book is still terrible. Objectively.

All that text to say you don’t like that I don’t like what you like?
    Last edited by Armageddon; 12-01-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Mighty Member

There’s not a mathematic equation for taste.
    Math? No. Chemistry? Certainly.

I’m a writer. Some days I have my doubts as to whether I’m a good one, and I can tell that this is bad.
    You've only made claims and attacked other people by calling them insecure in an attempt to boost your own opinion. Your opinion will never be fact.

BANNED

All that text to say you donÂ’t like that I donÂ’t like what you like?
    As a would-be writer, you should develop better reading skills. Where in any post have I said I don't like that you don't like this book?

Nowhere. In fact, I've said repeatedly that it's totally cool that you don't like it. Everyone has different tastes.

On the other hand, it obviously bothers you deeply that it's been pointed out that your subjective opinion is just that - a subjective opinion. No one's saying you're not entitled to it or that you need to change it.

I'm not trying to make you like anything. I'm not interested in changing your mind about this book. I'm just suggesting that you could actually spend your time towards more productive ends. I'm actually giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually might have better things to do than waste your time on a book that you insist is terrible. But weirdly, you're adamant about proving that, no, you absolutely don't have better things to do. That's a sad hill to choose to die on. But there you go.

Good luck with another seven weeks of X-Men: Disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Storm outright saying Armor was responsible for saving them all makes the subtext quite clear: they should've let her be part of the team all along.
    I couldn't tell from the artwork but was Cannonball there? He could have done the same thing with his blast-field.

hmmm I don't know how I felt about the New X-Men's portrayals and how they're being dealt with.

spoilers:
    Jean calling them 'children' while she put Gentle, X-23, and HONEY BADGER on her team is top-tier irony
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    hmmm I don't know how I felt about the New X-Men's portrayals and how they're being dealt with.

spoilers:
    Jean calling them 'children' while she put Gentle, X-23, and HONEY BADGER on her team is top-tier irony
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    How quickly they forget. And X-Men: Red isn't even done with yet!

I was generally OK with how the New X-Men were portrayed, with the two demoted X-Men taking opposite sides of the argument. And as much as I agree that Armor is being written with Surge's voice, I'm not exactly ticked about it. I'll let her take the bullet for what's almost certainly going to be taken as "angry shrew" characterization over Nori. Still not a big fan of how X-23 is being written, especially since I suspect we'll see less of her in these events once Logan is back, but whatever. She's getting better treatment in her solo.

As for the rest, I liked it. It feels like this whole adventure has finally picked up some momentum. And I don't know why, but I somehow suspect we have Brisson to thank for the continuity delve.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-05-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:

I was generally OK with how the New X-Men were portrayed, with the two demoted X-Men taking opposite sides of the argument. And as much as I agree that Armor is being written with Surge's voice, I'm not exactly ticked about it. I'll let her take the bullet for what's almost certainly going to be taken as "angry shrew" characterization over Nori. Still not a big fan of how X-23 is being written, especially since I suspect we'll see less of her in these events once Logan is back, but whatever. She's getting better treatment in her solo.

As for the rest, I liked it. It feels like this whole adventure has finally picked up some momentum. And I don't know why, but I somehow suspect we have Brisson to thank for the continuity delve.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah and to think Thompson, Brisson, and Rosenberg all individually wrote Laura in a satisfactory way in Hawkeye, Cable, and Phoenix Resurrection, respectively. And I agree that I don't think I'd want Surge in the position of this particular team. I think Armor can take being written as a jerk, whereas that might actually ruin Surge since that's all she's known for now. Plus I'd probably be more irritated with Jean than I am now.

Now the whole "Grandchildren of X" teases from the creators make sense if they see X-Man as Legion's "son." I saw the whole 'Legion teaming up with New X-Men' thing coming, but I'm still maintaining that they are gonna free Kitty and Apocalypse, who turns the four of them into Horsemen. Or maybe they become Legion's Horsemen? Or no Horsemen at all, but just power upgrades. Anyways, yeah I'm glad to see the story picking up with most of the main players being revealed. And the fact that Jordan brought up Nate and Dani's relationship at the end........
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At least it kinda does address the issue of whether or not Armor being used more when compared to the other kids.

Jean specifically singles her out to join the X-men while the rest of kids stay behind and clean up the rubble, and she declines because she refuses to leave "Her Team" behind...

Edit:
    Also, I like that they address the issue of Armor not actually being a LEADER in the NXM in the way Surge would be, or how Jean is for the X-men. She might be taking a bit more initiative, but the decision ultimately comes down to a vote.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 12-05-2018 at 01:44 AM.

BANNED

Hopefully Cyclops demotes Jean when he comes back. What a fucking idiot.

There's no contradiction to Red here. Jean included Armor on her team, she didn't say "Well since you're children you all have to stay".

BANNED

Armor felt more coherent than last issues here. Her beef with Jean is more believable here. I also like how she stood up for her friends. Hisako is a true bro.
    Also, Jean is handling the kids very poorly lol Telling them to do clean up right after they fought Legion and with their current mood was not smart. When Scott benched them in Messiah Complex it only went south because they still didn't know about Predator X and both the Marauders and Purifiers were focused on Hope. And they had Beast's supervision. Here, they're just left alone to be a target without any need for that.

And this is great! I like that Jean is finally being challenged and not side stepping everything. This is quite refreshing after a year of Super Jean in X-Men Red.

Overall, I feel the story got better with this issue. I'm actually looking forward to the next.

Lol look at all the New X-Men Annie's they need a scene singing it's a hard knock life while cleaning up the debris. Or maybe Trunchbull Grey can develop the chokie for naughty children.

Maybe they can all leave for a better school with Miss Honey.

No, I’ll keep shitting on this objectively terrible book and replying to anyone who disagrees with me. I want it known. This is a bad book.

And too many things happen equals bad pacing, because yes that is a thing.

You don’t see me in here replying to ppl who enjoy it(unless they reply to me first). Why are people so insecure that they can’t let other people not like something?

So far, no one has told me what about this book is good, they’ve just argued against the fact that art can be objectively bad. And I doubt anyone can, without using something relating to the feeling of nostalgia, or it features characters I like.

None of which makes good writing. I’m sorry, I’m passionate about this. A lot of people want to get into the industry yet they let dreck like this get published. I won’t accept anyone barfing words on a page because it features my favorite characters.

If you agree with me, that’s fine, but I’m not going to stop posting.
    Thank you for your science. It's really altruistic of you to keep wasting your time telling us, poor souls, how wrong we are, not to hate this book.

BANNED

So far the "addressing fan frustrations about the NXM" seems to entirely involve making them nothing more than strawmen to show how right the X-Men have been leaving them on the bench.

And ugh, Laura sounded awful. "Can I stab it? Can I? Can I huh?"