Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Storm outright saying Armor was responsible for saving them all makes the subtext quite clear: they should've let her be part of the team all along.
    Or maybe it's more like she was a part of the team all along and she should feel silly for assuming that they were treating her like she wasn't. She was acting like an ass and should feel like one.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Kitty, how many telepaths have given worldwide messages over the years? How unrealistic is it that Nate can't do that?

It is amazing that Armor finally remembers that her powers can protect people would have been helpful couple issue back

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Kitty, how many telepaths have given worldwide messages over the years? How unrealistic is it that Nate can't do that?
    I was just about to make this point - I get that maybe other telepaths needed some assistance but Nate is supposed to be a significantly powerful mutant, right?

KT is an Armor fan so it is more likely that #ArmorWasRight. Let's get an X on that face. Or wait and see what she does later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They generally do it with Cerebro. And Nate was a scrub last time he was with the X-Men.

I really enjoy Jean and Betsy working together, twice now. And I have to say, I'm loving Apocalypse's voice in this. Nice save by Armor but oy, the attitude.
    Going to be interesting to see how the upcoming battles lead into the AOX.

Wow for me Nate is written completely out of character here...

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I was just about to make this point - I get that maybe other telepaths needed some assistance but Nate is supposed to be a significantly powerful mutant, right?
    I think he's supposed to be the most powerful mutant?

I don't get why people are so upset at Armor. I didn't get the vibe that they were trying to make her obnoxious. I see a lot of comments here about how the NXM don't get enough credit/respect/spotlight, so I thought it was just the writers being a little meta and finally acknowledging it.

BANNED

Nate Grey just went way, way, up, in my opinion.

I love a cocky, blasphemous bastard with a plan. This is going to be fun.

But I hope Jean kicks his ass.

Great preview.

I'm down for Jean and Betsy sharing the ultimate intimacy every issue.

I hope they don't throw Nate under the bus. There better be an explation to his ooc behavior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't get why people are so upset at Armor. I didn't get the vibe that they were trying to make her obnoxious. I see a lot of comments here about how the NXM don't get enough credit/respect/spotlight, so I thought it was just the writers being a little meta and finally acknowledging it.
    Being meta is annoying, for one. Two, I don't think it should be a thing that the young X-Men are literally never doing anything because we don't see them on panel. All of the scenes of them whining about their panel time are the opposite of endearing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They sure as hell made her obnoxious. Her response to Jean telling them to protect the civilians was completely stupid and came across as just childish.

There's being subtly meta and there's slamming the reader in the face with a mallet with the word "subtle" written while screaming DO YOU GET IT?

Guess which one they've been doing.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This is trash in a bag. Looking forward to the interviews where the writers and editors talk about power corrupting and absolute power corrupting absolutely. This is what we’ve been waiting for? Your favs are just writing AvX Act II Redux Meets AoA Reboot; but hey, at least your favorite characters are there and doing things! Amirite?