Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    With all this Abrahamic God imagery, I'm surprised the X-Office hasn't done a Godhood of Mutants with the most powerful mutants representing a different pantheon.
    Storm has a village of worshippers.

Rachel Grey might start a Phoenix Cult at some point.

Mighty Member

But none of them have exactly come together in one storyline akin to how the other pantheons of the Marvel Universe interact with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    For what it's worth, editor Darren Shan pretty much said all of the repetitive X-Men trope stuff in this series is intentional.

Of course, it still remains to be seen if that's true for a reason or if there really is just a lack of creativity.
    admit it is the first step

With all this Abrahamic God imagery, I'm surprised the X-Office hasn't done a Godhood of Mutants with the most powerful mutants representing a different pantheon.
    Well we may be getting closer to why Kitty is important for this.

But none of them have exactly come together in one storyline akin to how the other pantheons of the Marvel Universe interact with each other.
    Marvel doesn't seem to like the 'god' concept very much. It's too grounded in techno-futurism and postmodern atheism. Other than the faux-Shakespearean Asgardians, they don't do much with spirituality or pantheistic religion. Which is a shame. I would love to see Ororo explore her divine nature more often, for example, and would be perfectly fine with other characters developing along that trajectory as well.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I've often wondered how religion actually functions in the Marvel U, since there are essentially walking miracles on every corner of the planet, especially since if any of the superheroes' powers actually had to obey natural laws they (and everyone around them) would be horrifically screwed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

#NerfJesus

Shadowcat: You can't possibly be strong enough to project your thoughts on a global scale!
    En Sabah Nur: Shut up, Kate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I've often wondered how religion actually functions in the Marvel U, since there are essentially walking miracles on every corner of the planet, especially since if any of the superheroes' powers actually had to obey natural laws they (and everyone around them) would be horrifically screwed.
    I'm sure there is a storyline somewhere in either canon or the dark land of fanfics where the gods of the MU have fought over who created the universe.

The pacing in this series is so weird.

BANNED

God is a space alien. It only makes sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Recently the one who explored more of this angle was Aaron and a lot of it felt like a hardcore atheist trying to prove to believers why their idea of "God" makes no sense and all gods should be like Jane Foster.

Overall, though, Marvel gods seem to be like its heroes, a bunch of a-holes. Not sure if anyone will want to touch this aspect after Aaron leaves Thor.

I'm sure there is a storyline somewhere in either canon or the dark land of fanfics where the gods of the MU have fought over who created the universe.
    Actually old school Marvel has addressed this quite directly with the whole Demiurge and Atum/Amon and the Elder Gods which then sired the various human pantheons. Between that, the cosmic Concepts/Celestials, and the One-Above-All, there is a very well formed mythology. Modern Marvel just discards almost all of it, or heavily distorts it(like the current Avengers use of the Celestials).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

I'm sure we're forgetting the real big question here.

If Thor uses his hammer to slam Loki into my car, would that fall under Act of God insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Overall, though, Marvel gods seem to be like its heroes, a bunch of a-holes.
    So like many pantheons but with sillier outfits basically.

I'm sure we're forgetting the real big question here.

If Thor uses his hammer to slam Loki into my car, would that fall under Act of God insurance?
    *Groans/gives a cookie*

Bigjam369

This is hot garbage. I haven't seen him in a while but I don't remember Nate gray talking like some age of aquarius hippie cult leader. Same goes for his homoerotic horsemen. Their costumes look ridiculous with those inflatable sumo suits you put on at the county fair or carnival, goofy random makeup stripes and silly hairdos. And for some reason the blob's pumped up kicks and omega Red looks like hes auditioning for the part of Ursula in an off broadway production of the little mermaid.

Sigh....