Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Good old garbage truck.

sflang.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Oh wow is that Wade's daughter?! I thought she'd be completely forgotten about post Duggan run (not just by Deadpool but the writers). I actually might have to pick this up.
    I was surprised to see her too. At first, I didn't think it would be her since I thought everything from Duggan's run would be erased & forgotten -except KT mocking RoguePool in M&M X. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Who is that girl? Ellie?
    Yeah, that's Ellie Preston. Hard to figure the time though. Is she in his dream / fantasy, or are we seeing what she's actually doing while he & Jean are in a mess? lol Be nice if it's really what she's up to elsewhere since the story ended on her hating Wade, but we do know she forgives him at some point.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-30-2018 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The art by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson is always great.
    Not my taste. It seems like the same art for everything they do. Harley, Xmen, Avengers, DC, Marvel it's all the same face...people get on Land for copy/paste but his at least has some movement in his art...Dodson's are just boring and bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Nice nod to the 90’s in the Jubilee story. It’s been exactly 23 years since she wore that.

And hey, Pinna’s back and his artwork doesn’t give me dry heaves. It’s a Christmas miracle!
    ha! Nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Looking forward to years of this nonsense.

Wait til she seems him in one of her costumes lol
    This is a teamup that is awesome in the making and omg the feels because of Ellie.

Nature Girl's story is supposed to be sad? Because it just made me roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    And this is why Nature Girl is never invited to parties....

Wait a minute how does she eat? If she speaks to both plants and animals then she likely wouldn't want to eat either of them.
    I think Strain said she was a fruitarian of the "eat only what falls away from the plant" stripe. Or basically some sort of diet where she only eats what she doesn't see as causing any harm to plants or animals. I asked her about it on Twitter, but she didn't want to talk details. *shrug*

NGL, Nature Girl's combination of "humans are so thoughtless!" and using animals to do her bidding kind of bugs me, but whatever. I doubt the writers are putting that much thought into the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Nature Girl's story is supposed to be sad? Because it just made me roll my eyes.
    that's on you.

It isn't like what that story is about isn't true. Every year people kill a living thing and slowly let it die for aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think Strain said she was a fruitarian of the "eat only what falls away from the plant" stripe. Or basically some sort of diet where she only eats what she doesn't see as causing any harm to plants or animals. I asked her about it on Twitter, but she didn't want to talk details. *shrug*

NGL, Nature Girl's combination of "humans are so thoughtless!" and using animals to do her bidding kind of bugs me, but whatever. I doubt the writers are putting that much thought into the character.
    maybe she eats people

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    that's on you.

It isn't like what that story is about isn't true. Every year people kill a living thing and slowly let it die for aesthetics.
    I'm just saying that it seems kinda shallow to just hate on Christmas for killing trees when logging companies cause deforestation in the Amazon rainforest every day of the year.

I mean sure complain about the wastefulness of Christmas, the gluttony and commercialization. Inhumane farming and slaughterhouse practices where we cage up animals their whole lives just to fatten them up so that we get bigger Christmas dinners.

But acting as if Trees have a concept of families and its somehow sad that they're being killed and separated from eachother? Eye roll.

BANNED

It feels especially callous when it comes two pages after Genosha genocide/Holocaust memorial page. BUT WHAT ABOUT TEH TREES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm just saying that it seems kinda shallow to just hate on Christmas for killing trees when logging companies cause deforestation in the Amazon rainforest every day of the year.

I mean sure complain about the wastefulness of Christmas, the gluttony and commercialization. Inhumane farming and slaughterhouse practices where we cage up animals their whole lives just to fatten them up so that we get bigger Christmas dinners.

But acting as if Trees have a concept of families and its somehow sad that they're being killed and separated from eachother? Eye roll.
    I'm interested to see how it plays out because they could very easily take Nature Girl into a full on "Poison Ivy" character.

The holidays are a time where you see a lot of messages and statements being made regardless of the topic. There's one in the UK about Palm Oil. You're more likely to get requests for charity this time of year...even tho those issues are year round and actually would benefit from year round giving.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Atta girl.

That's.The.Way.To.Do.It.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kitty lights a candle: The Movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kitty lights a candle: The Movie.
    Does she tell you how to do it the entire time, that you're doing it wrong, and ends up doing it herself in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Oh wow is that Wade's daughter?! I thought she'd be completely forgotten about post Duggan run (not just by Deadpool but the writers). I actually might have to pick this up.
    It seems stranger that Ellie would even be putting Wade in a happy situation considering that the last time we saw her she hated Wade’s guts for what he put her through with Secret Empire. While this particular story is probably just Ellie’s imagination, I wonder how canon these other stories are.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm interested to see how it plays out because they could very easily take Nature Girl into a full on "Poison Ivy" character.

The holidays are a time where you see a lot of messages and statements being made regardless of the topic. There's one in the UK about Palm Oil. You're more likely to get requests for charity this time of year...even tho those issues are year round and actually would benefit from year round giving.
    I get the whole eco-warrior thing, and it would go a long way towards making her interesting for once. But at least ground it in real life issues instead of made up soppy "plants have feelings too" crap.

And can I just say this whole "can't eat animals or vegetables because she talks to animals and plants" thing is so dumb.
    It's like saying Aquaman can't eat fish because he controls fish. Fish eat other fish. Animals eat other animals, animals eat plants.
    That's just part of nature. I can understand choosing to be a vegetarian for ethical reasons but apparently Nature Girl isn't even that. She could easily have her own sustainable vegetable garden on the school grounds

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It seems stranger that Ellie would even be putting Wade in a happy situation considering that the last time we saw her she hated Wade’s guts for what he put her through with Secret Empire. While this particular story is probably just Ellie’s imagination, I wonder how canon these other stories are.
    Same thing I said. Is that image of Ellie a fantasy, or has she already forgiven her father, and misses him. DP 2099 shows she will eventually forgive him, and so will Preston. And apparently he was back in her life by the time her X-gene activated.

But a cute scene nonetheless. Definitely my favorite thing in the preview.