Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Legendary annouce Godzilla 2 and new King Kong film a SDCC

Because 10-year-old me has taken control of Hollywood. Deal with it suckers!

http://geektyrant.com/news/king-kong...la-2-announced

I don't know what surprised me more: the return of three of my favorite Godzilla series monsters (Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah) all at once or the totally unexpected new King Kong film!

BANNED

I was hoping for Mothra (okay I was really hoping for a Mothra solo) but Ghidorah is worrisome. He's supposed to be this end-all Godzilla superbaddie and he's in the second movie? But that's just me fantasy booking. I'm sure at the very least we'll have a Godzilla-Mothra team up against Ghidora and that's pretty damn cool.

^Apparently Legendary has clarified that those are the three classic monsters they're working with for the planned sequels, not that they're all necessarily the emphasis of Godzilla 2. Maybe the next film is Godzilla vs. Mothra and King Ghidorah is just a teaser? I dunno. Either way - Mothra/Rodan/Ghidorah!

BANNED

Oh that's much more manageable. I'm glad. And now that the suspense card has been played they can feature a bit more of Godzilla so people don't complain like the last movie.

^I didn't mind Godzilla's screen time in the new film. I liked how they built up his opponents and kept him in the shadows until the last act when he does his stuff. Maybe the next film can invert this, with the opponent as the one held back for suspense.

Pretty excited by Skull Island! I loved the PJ movie and that Island has always intrigued me, how this place produced big animals like these. I want answers!
    Last edited by Da Boat; 07-26-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Because 10-year-old me has taken control of Hollywood. Deal with it suckers!

!
    That's so funny - my nine and ten year old girls are my running buddies for Godzilla. My 12 year old son found it boring.

BANNED

Is there any new information out about the Gamera movie coming next year? Even IMDB knowledge is sparse.

^No info, but it's apparently it's still in the pipeline for next year (Gamera's 50th). Japanese production schedules are insane, so the next time we hear anything they might say "Yup, we've already shot it!"

BANNED

Good news for someone, like me, who is into Kaiju films. I was hoping Cloverfield would have provided the spark but if you need someone to open the door for Kaiju films being made then leave it to good old Godzilla to do it.

Speaking of Godzilla. I felt that one of the MUTO's in the film resembled Cloverfield in a way. Which would mean that this recent Godzilla film is the closest we'd get on a Godzilla vs Cloverfield film.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Pretty excited by Skull Island! I loved the PJ movie and that Island has always intrigued me, how this place produced big animals like these. I want answers!
    I'm also excited about Skull Island! They've been talking about the movie for years. Hopefully, they will keep it in the Peter Jackson verse.

BTW, if you want some answers and/or just can't get enough of PJ Kong, then check out WETA productions book featuring the wildlife of Skull Island. It has amazing artwork and fills you in on the island's natural history. It even hints at an advanced civilization that once ruled the island. Good stuff!
    Last edited by maczero; 07-28-2014 at 12:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^No info, but it's apparently it's still in the pipeline for next year (Gamera's 50th). Japanese production schedules are insane, so the next time we hear anything they might say "Yup, we've already shot it!"
    Okaym I wasn't sure if it was a Japanese movie or not. Being that it is it makes sense there's no info.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Ghidorah already?! That was fast. Especially since there was speculation that they were going to try to keep the movies closer to what could conceivably exist on the planet. And the three headed space dragon sorta throws that out, doesn't it?

I'm not complaining in the slightest, mind you. HUZZAH! And all that.

If a cow can have four stomachs, a winged dragon can have three necks/heads.

I hope they go with the classic Ghidorah origin of him being a monster from outer space.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman