Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I hope they go with the classic Ghidorah origin of him being a monster from outer space.
    Honestly that wouldn't be too far fetched.

BANNED

Isn't there a Ghidorah "pop out of a volcano" origin?

I'm interested to see how they do Mothra (ugh 3 years, damn Star Wars). Big fuzzy moths already look fake in real life, so I'm not sure if CG Mothra will transition from "actual fur" puppet Mothra as well as Godzilla did.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    If a cow can have four stomachs, a winged dragon can have three necks/heads.
    I've seen pics of snakes with two heads. I guess conjoined triplets could be a thing in space.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I'm interested to see how they do Mothra (ugh 3 years, damn Star Wars). Big fuzzy moths already look fake in real life, so I'm not sure if CG Mothra will transition from "actual fur" puppet Mothra as well as Godzilla did.
    I will fess up to not having the same love for Mothra as virtually everyone else. I hoped Mothra would NOT be one of the kaiju on the slate for Legendary's Godzilla franchise. That's iffy business. Rodan? Check. Ghidorah? Hell, yes. I very much hoped Anguiras would be in there. He'd look incredible. There are going to have be some quadrapedal monsters in these movies.
    Last edited by Calighoula; 07-29-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I was hoping for Mothra (okay I was really hoping for a Mothra solo) but Ghidorah is worrisome. He's supposed to be this end-all Godzilla superbaddie and he's in the second movie?
    Hey, it worked for the Joker in The Dark Knight.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

You know what would be insanely cool? Godzilla vs. King Kong vs. a Pacific Rim Jaeger.

It would look something like this:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 07-29-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I don't think the movie universes could align for that to work unless they use the multiple dimension theory from Pacific Rim to make it happen ... then would could have American Final Wars!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's my understanding that the screenplay of Pacific Rim was originally considered to be for Godzilla? Then it wouldn't be difficult having a crossover!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    You know what would be insanely cool? Godzilla vs. King Kong vs. a Pacific Rim Jaeger.

It would look something like this:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I don't see a Jaeger having trouble with Kong. He got taken down by a bunch of little small airplanes.

They can always scale up King Kong like they did in the 60s. It was the only real way he could face off against Godzilla otherwise (no way would they shrink Godzilla down to 25 feet).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    They can always scale up King Kong like they did in the 60s. It was the only real way he could face off against Godzilla otherwise (no way would they shrink Godzilla down to 25 feet).
    In the movie they had to give Kong a massive power up by making him manipulate electricity to have him stand a chance against Godzilla. In this current age of cinema one cant get away with that without some snob saying that it looks cheesy.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    In the movie they had to give Kong a massive power up by making him manipulate electricity to have him stand a chance against Godzilla. In this current age of cinema one cant get away with that without some snob saying that it looks cheesy.
    Aside from the electric hand (which I still find HILARIOUS) .. I do like the explanation of why King Kong should able to beat Godzilla when they were talking about brain power.. in a way.. it did make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So what? It's going to happen anyway, so might as well charge ahead, damn the torpedoes. Orson Welles himself could return from the dead to write the story and people would still call it cheesy. Hell, the original 60s movie was superbly cheesy. It's a giant ape and a giant lizard -- embrace the cheese.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    So what? It's going to happen anyway, so might as well charge ahead, damn the torpedoes. Orson Welles himself could return from the dead to write the story and people would still call it cheesy. Hell, the original 60s movie was superbly cheesy. It's a giant ape and a giant lizard -- embrace the cheese.
    I love a good cheese! I hate how everything has to be all 'realistic' and needs to be explained. It's a giant monster movie. Of all the kinds of movies to embrace the cheese giant monster movies is that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Aside from the electric hand (which I still find HILARIOUS) .. I do like the explanation of why King Kong should able to beat Godzilla when they were talking about brain power.. in a way.. it did make sense.
    And if they don't increase his size he could just jump on Godzilla's face and flail around! Ape goes spidermonkey!