Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I wouldn't mind seeing a new SpaceGodzilla.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Ghidorah's the only one I really care about. He's the big bad. I wouldn't mind seeing a Mothra and Godzilla team up against Ghidorah, as that's usually how it goes down with Ghidorah being so overwhelming that it takes a group to beat him. But I can't see Mothra by herself being all that big of a deal.

If I was doing some fantasy booking, I'd probably make the second film something like King Ghidorah being the greatest monster in the universe and he destroys Mothra's home. Mothra flees awakening Godzilla (think of it as Ghidorah is Galactus, Gozilla is the FF, and Mothra is the Silver Surfer). Maybe even have it revealed that the government discovered that one of the eggs of the previous Muto wasn't destroyed, and they studied it as he wasn't as they fed him a steady diet of nuclear energy in order to train him and make him benign and that monster was Rodan, who they release to face Ghidorah. That way you can have a bunch of fights. Mothra losing to Ghidorah, Godzilla trying to get Mothra to stop bugging him, Godzilla freaking out at Rodan, and finally all 3 vs Ghidorah at the end.

Then if you really want be bold in it and have the battle literally span the entire Earth and do tons of destruction. So in the third film the military says screw this and creates Mecha Godzilla to combat them. And then you can make the third a traditional Godzilla vs the humans and Mecha Godzilla (as the human's weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a new SpaceGodzilla.
    I'd rather not. If you're going for a Godzilla doppelganger you gotta go with Mechagodzilla!

Of course, besides Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla there's really only one other Godzilla regular I'd really like to see. This fella:

3794177-2929530152-angui.jpg

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Of all the other Toho daikaiju, Angorous (and *maybe* Rodan) are the only two that fit the more grounded tone that the Legendary GODZILLA franchise operates in.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

If they do Ghidorah, that'd open up space monsters (well probably, Ghidorah usually comes from space, but they could change that). That'd allow for Gigan, who's weird cyborg alien dinosaur type design I've always like. And assuming aliens bring Ghidorah to earth (or future people, but time travel is stupid in kaiju films) then there could be someone to revive Ghidorah as Mecha-Ghidorah (a design I prefer over the original, regular Ghidorah). Then you have a basis for modern humans to take either the space tech from a defeated Gigan or Mecha-Ghidorah to develop a Mechagodzilla, all while maintaining a certain grounded sensibility. Plus, you hand an alien monster a defeat at the hands of Godzilla, you have reason for those aliens to experiment with Godzilla cells, and boom there's your Spacegodzilla.

Anguirus is probably easy to do, if you can pull off Godzilla he shouldn't be a problem.

Mothra is the one kaiju I've never liked. I don't care how many battles he wins, you can't buy a moth, basically a fuzzy butterfly, as a serious threat to Godzilla. Even when I was like 5 or 6 I thought Mothra was lame.
    I always loved those little singing fairies though, but then even at five I always could appreciate a reason to have pretty women sing on film.