Amazing Member

Default why no avengers in ,f.f. spider in wedding of jean and scott

When hank and janet got married x men had a cameo they also had a cameo in wedding of reed and sue so why no reverse cameo of avengers. etc. in wedding of jean and scott?

Quote Originally Posted by son_ofgolem View Post
    When hank and janet got married x men had a cameo they also had a cameo in wedding of reed and sue so why no reverse cameo of avengers. etc. in wedding of jean and scott?
    At that time, the X-Men were far and away the best selling franchise in the medium. They didn't need any cameos. Furthermore, the X-Men at that time were very much a family. While they have occasionally crossed over with the wider MU characters, it would be a stretch to say any of them would be like family to Scott or Jean(Misty would have been an obvious exception, but even that would be 20 years after the fact for their time as roommates).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

This is true, but it also reminds me that there's a scene where Jean TK dances with the Prof and he's worried because some people at the party didn't know they were mutants. It makes for a nice moment, but then you wonder why on Earth they invited people who had no clue about the X-Men there.

Maybe she's referring to like, the hired help? The caterers and such?

That probably makes the most sense, and it's not like Scott and Jean had a wide social pool of people who weren't in the know anyway.

And I acknowledge that I'm straddling the line between legit oversight and pedantic nitpicking, but for me it's one of those can't-unsee sort of deals. XD

They don't really know each other like that.

There is already a thread on the X-Men's tense relationship with the Avengers.

The Fantastic Four and X-Men are cool, but the only X-Men that they are close with are Storm, Nate Grey, and Laura. Those friendships happened years after that wedding and they aren't that close with Scott or Jean.

Spider-Man is in a similar position to the FF, cool with the team but the mutants he's close with (Iceman and Wolverine) wouldn't mean he gets an invite.

The most recent X-Wedding of Piotr and Kitty was another mutant only event.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-29-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Thinking about it now, it's been a while since I read that issue but if I remember right it's pretty tight content-wise. I don't think a panel was wasted between all the characters, so to add cameos they'd have had to add extra pages to make it fit.

Storm had everyone at her wedding, but that was a cross-franchise wedding to begin with(uniting the X-Men, the Avengers, and FF) considering T'Challa was the groom and their position as heads of state.

Looking at other Marvel Weddings I don't think it's that unusual that Jean and Scott's wedding only had X-Men. The other weddings that had heroes from almost every team were the outliers.

I think Sue and Reed's wedding had to have everyone because back then the Marvel universe was still pretty small. You needed every superhero to be on the guest list plus it was Marvel's first superhero wedding with Marvel's first superhero team. I expect Ben's upcoming wedding to have a similar turnout due to the teams status.

I think it's similar with Janet and Hank as the Marvel universe was still pretty small at the time. If that wedding happened today I believe that the guest list would not have as many diverse characters. It would mostly be Avengers.

As yogaflame said about Storm and Black Panther, that wedding was another outlier. It was a union between two big teams and that in itself meant that it would have a varied guest list.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-29-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Crystal was an Avenger at that time. She was there with her husband Quicksilver and her daughter Luna.
    Why wasn't Scarlet Witch invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Crystal was an Avenger at that time. She was there with her husband Quicksilver and her daughter Luna.
    Quicksilver was on X-Factor during that time. If I remember correctly.

Wanda was never really affiliated with X-Men outside of being on the Brotherhood. Which would be a reason not to invite her.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-30-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    How do you know she wasnt invited? It could very well be that characters were invited but decided not to go for their own reasons. But like DragonsChi alludes to, Jean nor Scott are friends with Wanda. I wouldnt even call them acquaintances. Her not being there isnt much of a shock

Maybe its just me but just because I know you, doesnt mean you are coming to my wedding. Those are personal affairs and with guest limits being a real issue, its not uncommon got invites being reserves for people you are actually close to and Scott and Jean may not alot of people in the superhero community, but they arent necesarily close to them all

All-New Member

It was because of their anti human bigotry.

Don't forget, this was only a couple of years before Avengers was rebooted (Heroes Reborn). Avengers weren't a big draw back then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman