Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel westerns

Amazing Member

Default Marvel westerns

Anyone miss marvel westerns like two gun kid and kid colt outlaw? i get tired of superheroes and wish they would make them again..

Astonishing Member

There will be a Western Comic book from Marvel in the celebrations of Marvel 80th aniversary.It´s just one story though.

I'd love to see a Two-Gun Kid book that alternates between his native time period and modern day.

We need another Blaze of Glory series ASAP.

blaze of glory.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I wish that there could be more ongoing Western themed titles, at least online based, from Marvel. TPB compilations could be assembled at a future date.

Love Marvel westerns. I would kill for a new Gunhawks or Two-Gun Kid series.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

I would check out a western book be it old or new characters.

We got such a good series during Secret Wars 2015, with all the Silver Age heroes stuck in the old West. It tied-in the connection Westerns had on the super hero’s beginnings - the fundamentals of good versus evil, and how in the West if you don’t do it, nobody else will. It’s one of the great things that identifies American culture. If you read what people had to do in the West, you get the characters of the super heroes. The Westerns don’t describe all of the modern super hero though, (because of the 1950’s and 60’s), but there’s enough.

So I’m not surprised there is still an interest in Westerns.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-30-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Love Marvel westerns. I would kill for a new Gunhawks or Two-Gun Kid series.
    Make sure you buy the Gunhawks one-shot then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Well Colt Cape, as you've probably gathered from here, already, there WILL be a new Gunhawks... albeit a one-shot, I think in February, written, amazingly enough, by Stray Bullets' David Lapham... so there's hope it'll be hard hitting good reading.

Meanwhile, in the Other Country's world, there's a new Lone Ranger comic just starting, (2 issues so far) from IDW and Mark Russell, writing. ("Bob Q" doing very nice artwork, too.)
    Last edited by matt levin; 12-01-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

There was a secret wars battleworld mini where Wasp was a gunslinger with a cowboy hat and all that and had a southern accent I think

Huh? Wasp wasn't in 1872.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/1872_Vol_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But the 1872 version of Wasp was in the Secret Wars: Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies mini with 1872 Hank Pym.

Studies show that the Western Brotherhood of Evil with Magneto's floating pistols is the best new Exiles concept.