Thread: Iron Man 2020

Mighty Member

Default Iron Man 2020

So with 2020 in a little over a year now will we see Iron Man 2020 come to light

Arno was the focus of the last Iron Man issue.

Between Machine Man, Arno, and Sunset Bain all being prominent pieces in Tony's book, it's evident that there will be a 2020 thing. Slott even just brought it up at NYCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Between Machine Man, Arno, and Sunset Bain all being prominent pieces in Tony's book, it's evident that there will be a 2020 thing. Slott even just brought it up at NYCC.
    Thanks. I was not aware of that. It looks like things between Tony and Arno are heading towards going bad.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Whats the other Iron Man 2020 books that deals with this.I remember a Amazing spider-man Annual back in the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Whats the other Iron Man 2020 books that deals with this.I remember a Amazing spider-man Annual back in the 80s
    Correct. Arno appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20 (an all-time classic, I might add). Suggested reading would be the Iron Man 2020 TPB which also has the ASM Annual, as well as Arno's first appearance in the 1984 Machine Man limited series. Also included is Arno's meeting with the original Death's Head (Death's Head #10 - 1988 series), along with Arno's appearance in his very own graphic novel (Iron Man 2020 GN - 1994).

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-31-2021 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

What's the current story about Arno? Wasn't he originally Tony's great grandson or something?

Honestly, with Sliding timelines and all... I think I'd have rather they just retconned him into Iron Man 3020 instead. For me Arno really needs to be 'The Future iron Man.'

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What's the current story about Arno? Wasn't he originally Tony's great grandson or something?

Honestly, with Sliding timelines and all... I think I'd have rather they just retconned him into Iron Man 3020 instead. For me Arno really needs to be 'The Future iron Man.'
    The current Arno Stark was introduced a few years ago and is Tony's step-brother as well as Howard and Maria Stark's only biological child. He's as smart or smater than Tony and has been his ally, but his recent spotlight issue in the Iron Man book is a Black Mirror episode that alludes to a darker path for him.

Original, future gears for years Arno is in limbo and was last seen as one of Kang the Conqueror's time minions years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Well the implication of him specializing in biology is that he will never be the Iron Man of the future, but rather the Tony Stark of the future. A super-genius inventor who has reinvented himself rather than invented stuff to wear.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. Arno appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20 (an all-time classic). Suggested reading would be the Iron Man 2020 TPB which also has the ASM Annual, as well as Arno's first appearance in the 1984 Machine Man limited series. Also included is Arno's meeting with the original Death's Head (Death's Head #10 - 1988 series) and Arno's appearance in his very own graphic novel (Iron Man 2020 GN - 1994).

Attachment 74287
    I only read the synopsis for his Spider-Man and I feel sorry for Arno.