Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I can't, too many great ones. Maybe I could do it by decades, but even that would be hard.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If I had to pick my favorite normal-sized comic I ever read/bought. it might be this one:

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If I had to pick my favorite normal-sized comic I ever read/bought. it might be this one:

On the thread devoted to favorite Lois-and-Clark stories, that one was my pick!

GOAT
    BB

Fantastic Member

As a relatively new comic reader, it was Avengers 274. I was stunned by what was happening: The Masters of Evil had overtaken the mansion and then beaten up Hercules, who appeared dead. WHAT??

As an experienced comic reader: Sandman 69, when Morpheus dies. The Kindly Ones was SO LONG, and I kept thinking he was going to get out of it. Even when Death showed up, I thought, OK, deus ex machina. But nope. When she told Dream, "It's far too late for that now," I was astounded. And then he takes her hand, and that's it for him. I am still floored just typing out all of that.

Avengers 274.jpg

Morpheus dies.jpg

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    As a relatively new comic reader, it was Avengers 274. I was stunned by what was happening: The Masters of Evil had overtaken the mansion and then beaten up Hercules, who appeared dead. WHAT??

...Avengers 274.jpg
    That run on Avengers came to my mind too. It is a personal favorite, with several great issues in it. I didn't select anything from it because I regard that as a body of work, and couldn't bring myself to select it over the issues that were its long, slow build up, and it's rollicking conclusion. Great pick tho.

Nextwave-Agents-of-H.A.T.E.jpg

NextWave: Agents of H.A.T.E. #11.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    On the thread devoted to favorite Lois-and-Clark stories, that one was my pick!
    It was a big deal back then having the most famous couple in comic-book history finally marrying, even if it wasn't on the Earth headlined at the time.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Do graphic novels count?

Cause I'm thinking A Contract with God by Will Eisner, or "La Couleur de l'Enfer" by Lewis Trondheim.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Do graphic novels count?

Cause I'm thinking A Contract with God by Will Eisner, or "La Couleur de l'Enfer" by Lewis Trondheim.
    Con't see why they shouldn't count. And if Contract with God is your favorite book, you might want to look for this.

https://aeindex.org/reviews/will-eis...rs-collection/

Scanned from the original art, penciled and inked.

The price is steep, but i found one at a very good discount.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You never forget your first.
    Art by Walt Simonson. Weird, shape-shifting heroes. A devilish villain. Giant monster-gods. Whats not to love?
    I bought this of the rack at the local drugstore back in 1977 when I was 9 years old, read it ragged, and still have the remnants bagged and boarded in my collection.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Retired

Not the first I read, but the first issue of DETECTIVE COMICS I bought was 361 (March 1967) when I was eight. I read that issue ragged and have the remnants still--but have long ago since bought a fine copy. I still count it as one of the best, maybe the best, single issues I ever read. Not only was the Batman & Robin story a real corker, but the Elongated Man story was very good, giving some background on how Ralph became the Ductile Detective.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Con't see why they shouldn't count. And if Contract with God is your favorite book, you might want to look for this.

https://aeindex.org/reviews/will-eis...rs-collection/

Scanned from the original art, penciled and inked.

The price is steep, but i found one at a very good discount.
    Looks awesome!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

X-Men # 1, by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mine's technically half an issue, but I've been thinking for two days about one that might beat it and I just can't:

The_Kid_Who_Collects_Spider-Man.jpg