Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
The Marvel Universe takes place during the course of like 10+ years. There is no forumula to break down time because certain eras like the Silver Age have to be longer or shorter because of stuff like characters being in school. The O5 X-Men are barely older than Spider-Man, who is right below 30, and are all younger than the Human Torch considering his Negative Zone time. Any inconsistencies created by the sliding timeline like out of date cultural stuff are explained by the in-universe explanation for how time works in Marvel Prime from Ultimates, which is that significant events have weight that literally drag them down further in time. It's actually all pretty simple...

...Until editors allow writers to say specific words like years when referring to stuff that really can't be years and even worse, allow them to put specific numbers on it that by default can't make sense unless it's pocket stuff like "Illyana was in Limbo for 10 years" or "The FF were exploring the universe for 5 years."

So in summary, and JDW agreed with me on this, don't use specific time measurements in a sliding timeline. And remember how old your characters actually are. Cyclops was the Lil' B The Based God of mutantkind while in his mid-late 20's.
I’m confused, you mention a few time measurements but also say you and someone agree that time measurements shouldn’t be used, lol.

Anyway I never found a problem with this. I just go with whatever the story ensenuates (sp?) even if it’s contradictory sometimes. With comics ya just gotta roll with it sometirmes. But I do agree it’s best to avoid using specific numbers.