Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Jean looked really good in a few of the full page panels.

It’s strange. After all these years every time I see Hope it just makes me rember that I don’t like Hope.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-05-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Jean looked really good in a few of the full page panels.
    The art was stellar, and this was actually the X-Book I enjoyed the most today.

Also, LOL @ Jean making a comment about questionable fashion choices in the (generally disliked) Asrar costume. Irony, thy name be Jeannie.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

That 2nd story didn't make sense to me. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Loved the Hope/Jean story.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    and no Rachel..... disgraceful
    Agreed. What's the point of doing stories like these if they exclude the most relevant characters? It's crazy that Hope and Rachel have never really actually met.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That 2nd story didn't make sense to me. Am I the only one who feels that way?
    It honestly felt like Claremont lording over Madelyne with the narration having Nate call her his mom, while recent continuity has established that Nate saw Jean as his mom.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It honestly felt like Claremont lording over Madelyne with the narration having Nate call her his mom, while recent continuity has established that Nate saw Jean as his mom.
    They both should be his "mom".
    Did cable call jean as mom?I thought it was always "jean"

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    They both should be his "mom"
    Eh. There's a pretty clear separation between the woman that gave birth to you and your mom for adopted kids, and Nate apparently has all the memories of Maddy trying to murder him and feed him to N'astirh. He shouldn't really think fondly of her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Madeylnes spiral into crazy came out of nowhere. Her having her identity erased and turned into a puppet in that dream was chilling. Claremont is obviously trying to rectify someone Gail, Louise and him see as a mistake
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-05-2018 at 06:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Eh. There's a pretty clear separation between the woman that gave birth to you and your mom for adopted kids, and Nate apparently has all the memories of Maddy trying to murder him and feed him to N'astirh. He shouldn't really think fondly of her.
    Wasn't she possessed/seduced or something?DPS anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Wasn't she possessed/seduced or something?DPS anyone?
    Sort of? Not really, and that characterization has become standard for her.

Not only that Jean in DPS didn't try to murder her toddler son.

You could make the argument that there plenty of broccoli babies on that planet that exploded in the DPS. In fact that miner who was not on that planet at the time and came to Earth for revenge had children.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You could make the argument that there plenty of broccoli babies on that planet that exploded in the DPS. In fact that miner who was not on that planet at the time and came to Earth for revenge had children.
    But that'd still be irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make, which is that Nathan apparently has Jean's eidetic memory and can remember every single thing from when he was born, including all of the traumas that Madelyne inflicted on him personally.

Now if the narration was about a Broccoli Baby calling Phoenix mom it'd be the same argument. But it's not.

BANNED

Really sad how Jean fans always dehumanize Maddie. That scene in Uncanny where Scott slowly removes each part of Maddie was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Really sad how Jean fans always dehumanize Maddie. That scene in Uncanny where Scott slowly removes each part of Maddie was spot on.
    It was heartbreaking