Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Really sad how Jean fans always dehumanize Maddie. That scene in Uncanny where Scott slowly removes each part of Maddie was spot on.
    Here's the thing: I love Madelyne Pryor, but it was Chris Claremont and Louise Simonson that dehumanized her, whether they see it as a mistake now or not. There's no changing that what I'm talking about is what happened in the actual books.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Maddie was a Space Phantom.

How can anyone not have sympathy for Maddie...

From a loving mother to an abandoned wife to a sinister clone/demon mistress. Permanently. What a gross deconstruction. She got dealt one of the worst hands.

Didn't even get a 2nd chance even though most X-F#uck Ups get like ten chances.

Even though the back-up story was basically a recap it was still easily my favorite X-book this week. Suddenly the extremist Claremont-only stan is me

My boyfriend who is newish to comics read this and had a few questions about Cable's history and family. Rachel came up a lot and he asked me where she was and I said "i dunno" so he came to the conclusion that she gets crapped on a lot for a character integral to the universe lol.

I liked both stories but it surprised me how much I liked Scott's story. Nothing was new since it was the same old backstory but I just can't help but like the guy dammit.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Annnnnd Rachel no longer exists again and isn't allowed to mourn her own brother.

It was only a matter of time that she would be permanently erased once old Jean returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Really sad how Jean fans always dehumanize Maddie. That scene in Uncanny where Scott slowly removes each part of Maddie was spot on.
    Correct and state some Jean fans, thanks. I think some Jott fans had an issue with what they called a "Mott' story. I can't believe I'm using shipper words. I think it is important that Maddie not be erased and Scott's love for her should never be erased (same for his love of Ms. Frost).

Maddie gives Jean an identical twin and I love that. I think Maddie should be used more especially since Jean is alive again.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 12-05-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What?? where did that came from?
    i don't see people on the Jean thread or the jott thread bashing maddie.
    Also i'm a Jean fan and i like Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It looks like it is the so-called Jott fans that had the issue with what they called a "Mott' story. .
    Nobody on the jott thread had a problem with the maddie/scott stuff. just some cyclops fans on the cyclops thread that took it as an attack to cyclops from claremont and some of those guys are scemma shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nobody on the jott thread had a problem with the maddie/scott stuff. just some cyclops fans on the cyclops thread that took it as an attack to cyclops from claremont and some of those guys are scemma shippers.
    I stand corrected. I thought it was the Scott/Jean thread where some demoaned the Scott and Maddie story. I knew some in the Cyclops thread had. Though I do not mean to take jabs at fellow fans. We all have our preferences when it comes to these characters, and that is what these discussion threads are all about.

I should not generalize and shouldn't have commented based on the person I quoted. Sorry about that.

I do like Maddie and I wanted to represent that some Jean fans do appreciate the character. Thanks!

Most of us (Scott fans) have permanently lost our ability to gave Claremont any benefit of the doubt. We expect the worst from him when it comes to writing Cyclops and our expectations are often met.

Which is sad, since he used to the character's best writer. I wish he could admit that the fault for his problems lies with real life editors and not some fictional person. And then write like he used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most of us (Scott fans) have permanently lost our ability to gave Claremont any benefit of the doubt. We expect the worst from him when it comes to writing Cyclops and our expectations are often met.

Which is sad, since he used to the character's best writer. I wish he could admit that the fault for his problems lies with real life editors and not some fictional person. And then write like he used to.
    I know and from what i understand not even cyclops fans hate Maddie, they are tired of Claremont's grudge.

I don't think anybody really hates Maddie. If anything people feel sorry for her.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Soooo. No mention of Rachel or Mimic basically saving time and space? This should've been delayed to match Extermination #5's release date.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Soooo. No mention of Rachel or Mimic basically saving time and space? This should've been delayed to match Extermination #5's release date.
    it didnt need to be delayed as nothing in this issue spoiled Extermination. This was a Cable memorial issue, not a epilogue to Extermination

I know and from what i understand not even cyclops fans hate Maddie, they are tired of Claremont's grudge.

I don't think anybody really hates Maddie. If anything people feel sorry for her.
    This is how I feel about Maddie as well. Everyone from Jean, Scott, and close friends got dragged into the mud when Jean got resurrected. Editorial would of done worse to her had Claremont not cushion the blow. Doesn't mean it was not bad seeing her dehumanized. The fact that Madelyne keeps coming back again and again while giving pieces of sympahty demonstrates the scar that Marvel couldn't erase at the time. Still waiting for that Madelyne Redemption story that isn't an alternate reality to have her be a part of the X-Men or grander MU.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...