Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

apart from her betrayal during AvX, I never liked or understood what made her special, her power mimicry thing isn't what I think off when I think Omega Level Phoenix Host

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I really don't get what was so bad about Hope's actual character. She wasn't written too OOC, she was mostly reacting to OOC messes of everyone else. She didn't wanna keep getting punched by Scott but didn't want be Steve's WMD so she left.
    Idk, I absolutely hated her when she had that team. She annoyed the piss outta me. Hell, I hated regenesis period.

Few more kicks in the stomach from grandpa wouldn't have hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She left with Wanda... to be with Cap.
    Maximum treason

Mighty Member

It's a combination of factors such as being hyped from birth as the mutant messiah to the cesspool that was AvX to simply just being there post-AvX when she filled her role.

My favorite Hope memory is when Dani kicked her in the mess hall.

It would have been better if she just died in AvX. At this point, she should just go super evil and Bishop's over there like:

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    My favorite Hope memory is when Dani kicked her in the mess hall.
    Ah, yes. When Dani and all the other X-Men showed thier true color, asking if saving a young mutant (you know, their very job definition) was worth the loss of Karma's leg and Blue Fart Dude's life.
    For the X-Men, it's all fun and giggles as long as it's only characters like Wallflower or Maggott who die. When it's somebody who matters, fuck young mutants.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ah, yes. When Dani and all the other X-Men showed thier true color, asking if saving a young mutant (you know, their very job definition) was worth the loss of Karma's leg and Blue Fart Dude's life.
    For the X-Men, it's all fun and giggles as long as it's only characters like Wallflower or Maggott who die. When it's somebody who matters, fuck young mutants.
    This rubbed me the wrong way when they said this. Geez, a mutant born after M-Day? Better hope the Purifiers while doing nothing.

Really, what Hope needs are some friends that aren't X-Men or a really snarky sidekick that keeps her in line through snark.

Or you know, go mad, take up the mantle of Stryfe and kidnap Franklin Richards/Nate Grey/Matthew Malloy somehow/Mutant Reality Warper #10000000000 and attempt to reboot the universe to get Cable back. That's always an option and still open at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This rubbed me the wrong way when they said this. Geez, a mutant born after M-Day? Better hope the Purifiers while doing nothing.

Really, what Hope needs are some friends that aren't X-Men or a really snarky sidekick that keeps her in line through snark.

Or you know, go mad, take up the mantle of Stryfe and kidnap Franklin Richards/Nate Grey/Matthew Malloy somehow/Mutant Reality Warper #10000000000 and attempt to reboot the universe to get Cable back. That's always an option and still open at the moment.
    She would do well on a non X teen team like Cyclops on Champions or Quentin on West Coast Avengers

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is this, and X-Force, being released before Extermination #5?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is this, and X-Force, being released before Extermination #5?
    This does, but not X-Force

I would accept Hope as the new Cable in a heartbeat rather than little wifi
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why does everyone hate Hope? AvX assassinated her character but before and after that she was fine. She has a lot of promise.
    I love Hope but a lot of people hate how all of the X-Books were about her at her "height" and then they got mad about how - as a result of their bitching - her importance died down in the books.

Plenty of writers have wanted to use her but have been told no, like Gillen in his Young Avengers; Hope was supposed to be Phoenix there but he got told no, and then shortly after she started appearing in X-Force titles. After Spurrier's run she was given a rest but Thompson and Nadler brought her back recently, and according to Brisson she is here to stay.

I'd really prefer her to be in another title than X-Force but I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I would accept Hope as the new Cable in a heartbeat rather than little wifi
    If it was a few years ago this is exactly what we'd get, a new Cable #1 starring Hope as the new Cable. And it'd be beautiful.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 12-01-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

We gotta get rid of those time travelin' alt characters, son! They're convolutin' the line! So that time travelin' alt character is here to stay, baby! Now joined by her teenage dad! Wait, her wha-

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    We gotta get rid of those time travelin' alt characters, son! They're convolutin' the line! So that time travelin' alt character is here to stay, baby! Now joined by her teenage dad! Wait, her wha-
    The irony of this is that neither Hope nor Cable are alternate characters. Time travelers, sure, but they are where they belong.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The irony of this is that neither Hope nor Cable are alternate characters. Time travelers, sure, but they are where they belong.
    A taco isn't technically a hot dog, but it's still really a hot dog, but a hot dog is not a sandwich, it's a hot dog, but an apple pie is really a sandwich, and a pizza can be a sandwich pie or a taco dog depending on how you hold it.