Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Me personally I would want to see Wolverine, Cable, Domino, Gambit, Bishop and Deadpool. With either Rogue or Pyslocke being the last member. In just pure 90s action movie ala expendables with super powers.
    It would be a totally badass movie!

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I would love to see a short (5-10min) that's not canon where Wolverine and Deadpool interact.

The problem with having a character in a movie with Deadpool is that their main function is to be annoyed by Deadpool. Cable and Domino had so much depth in the comics, and their movie versions were limited to rolling their eyes and saying variations of 'are you always this annoying' and 'please stop.' And it worked for the tone of the movie, but you can't take a character like Wolverine that has been fully fleshed out over several movies and reduce him to that role.

Wolverine was developed over a series of movies that had a serious tone, and then we got Logan with a much darker tone. Logan gave the character a very meaningful ending and it would completely cheapen it to bring the character back.

Maybe that's just me, but I think they should quit while they're ahead with the Deadpool movies. I would be more intrigued to see the new X-Force characters get their own action comedy away from Deadpool.
    One of the reasons the movie is 3 and half hours long. It's like two movies mashed together. It depends on the director in my opinion and Deadpool will definitely not be the lead character here but a 3rd or 2nd Co-lead. He should have equal amount of screen time and importance in the story line. But I think Wolverine, X-23 and Cable will have more influence on the story.

Deadpool can function in a team alot better then people assume. But the opponent in this movie has to be very powerful enough to make them come together perhaps doctor doom?

Logan has saved the future before by going back in time and altering the past and this time in my opinion someone else will do it for him and alter his future and that someone is Cable who knew about the time Logan went back and alter time in order to save the world. Cable looks up to Logan and his probably the only person who knows that he has gone back to delete 50-years from 1973 to 2023. Cable will pay him back and do him favor by altering his death in 2029 because Cable is in the business of time-travel and altering future and he knows about Logan altering time once and probably the only one who knows that Logan is true hero who saved the world literally
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 11-30-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    One of the reasons the movie is 3 and half hours long. It's like two movies mashed together. It depends on the director in my opinion and Deadpool will definitely not be the lead character here but a 3rd or 2nd Co-lead. He should have equal amount of screen time and importance in the story line. But I think Wolverine, X-23 and Cable will have more influence on the story.

Deadpool can function in a team alot better then people assume. But the opponent in this movie has to be very powerful enough to make them come together perhaps doctor doom?
    Dude, even Infinity War isn't 3 hours long.

BANNED

She is friends with X-23. She seems to be close with her but she can be replaced
    Comics. Jubilee and Laura have never met in the films. These are two different universes.

I DO want to see Reynolds bring Keen's X-23 back for X-Force or DP3, though. Keen was great in the role (when an actor is stealing scenes from the likes of Jackman and Stewart you're talking about a special talent) and with Jackman declining to return there's a LOT of meta humor to be had ("We really wanted Hugh, but he said no so I guess this is the best we could do. I mean she's KINDA Wolverine, right?").

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Comics. Jubilee and Laura have never met in the films. These are two different universes.

I DO want to see Reynolds bring Keen's X-23 back for X-Force or DP3, though. Keen was great in the role (when an actor is stealing scenes from the likes of Jackman and Stewart you're talking about a special talent) and with Jackman declining to return there's a LOT of meta humor to be had ("We really wanted Hugh, but he said no so I guess this is the best we could do. I mean she's KINDA Wolverine, right?").
    She really wasn't.

Logan has saved the future before by going back in time and altering the past and this time in my opinion someone else will do it for him and alter his future and that someone is Cable who knew about the time Logan went back and alter time in order to save the world. Cable looks up to Logan and his probably the only person who knows that he has gone back to delete 50-years from 1973 to 2023. Cable will pay him back and do him favor by altering his death in 2029 because Cable is in the business of time-travel and altering future and he knows about Logan altering time once and probably the only one who knows that Logan is true hero who saved the world literally
    I totally get that it's a dream project you want to see come to life...I think every fan has their dream movie they would love to see.

For me Deadpool (as written and portrayed in the movies) on a team doesn't really work because he is the kind of character that is going to take the center stage even if he is meant to be a co-lead. When you watch a movie, you have certain expectations about the genre and about what characters are going to do. And Deadpool is a character that takes you by surprise by going against what you expect (in his best scenes). It's hard to put him on a team and give the other characters the same kind of impact on the viewer that Deadpool has. And having other characters kind of take the backseat works because it makes Deadpool's weirdness stand out. You could evenly share the screen time between the main characters, but at the end of the movie what will stand out the most to viewers is the crazy stuff Deadpool did.

Also a 3h30 movie is going to have pacing issues, no matter who the director is. And I get that there are logical ways to bring Logan back with time-travel or just by setting the movie before Logan. The problem is with the story arc they have created for the character and with the emotional weight of the ending they gave him in Logan. You can't have a dark and powerful movie like Logan and then do a complete 180 and have that character in an action comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I love Jackman as Wolverine but Logan was a great end for that role. No need at all to return.
    Agreed. Deadpool, Cable and Domino are locks for X-Force, assuming it still happens, which I actually think it will. Adding X-23 would be great too. I’d throw in Warpath as well for some muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She really wasn't.
    She stole this, for sure:

Also, I mean, just taking into account that you got a young kid being able to keep up with two veterans is impressive in and of itself, not the least considering how easy it is for child characters to not work well in film. I'd argue that a good percentage of the movie's success was that all three leads turned in extremely good performances and bounced off each other (like the afore-noted car scene).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Also, I mean, just taking into account that you got a young kid being able to keep up with two veterans is impressive in and of itself, not the least considering how easy it is for child characters to not work well in film. I'd argue that a good percentage of the movie's success was that all three leads turned in extremely good performances and bounced off each other (like the afore-noted car scene).

I mean, I agree that she was good. But "stealing scenes from Jackman and Stuart" good? Not even close.

By the way, that scene is actually one of my least favourite scenes in the movie.

Incredible Member

I want Bishop, Deadpool, Domino, Cable and Doop movie. With Hit-Monkey as one of the villains.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

In one intense scene, as Jackman recalled to us, Logan loses his temper at Laura. “I just yelled, ‘SHUT THE FUCK UP!’” Jackman says. “At the end of 40 minutes of this I went up to Maria, Dafne’s mum, and I said, ‘Maria, I’ve got an 11-year-old and I’m just really sorry.’ Maria said, ‘Aw, don’t worry, she just called you a cunt. In Spanish.’”
    10char10char
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    10char10char
    Unfortunately that particular take didn't make it into the final film (you can tell from the translation).

The best part is IIRC while she was given the gist of her dialogue for the scene, her tirade was otherwise ad-libbed. Which means Daf tossed that in HERSELF!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Unfortunately that particular take didn't make it into the final film (you can tell from the translation).

The best part is IIRC while she was given the gist of her dialogue for the scene, her tirade was otherwise ad-libbed. Which means Daf tossed that in HERSELF!
    dammit
    now i'm sad

While she's a great X-23, I much prefer comics Laura because she is large enough to do impressive things.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    While she's a great X-23, I much prefer comics Laura because she is large enough to do impressive things.
    Dunno what you're talking about, they did a LOT of good stuff with her during the action scenes in Logan. That she was less than 5 feet tall (FYI, Laura's height in the comics is canonically 5'1") at the time just made watching her slice through Reavers like a human blender AND hold her own against X-24 even MORE impressive.

I mean, I agree that she was good. But "stealing scenes from Jackman and Stuart" good? Not even close.
    star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-13153.jpg

By the way, that scene is actually one of my least favourite scenes in the movie.
    Why's that? (It was a favorite of mine.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)